1492 users online (250 members and 1242 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    2,496

    The infamous necklace and a question about the 911 call...

    I am anewcomer to this case (I actually was living out of the country when it happened, and really only became familiar with it here on WS). Forgive me if any of my questions have been addressed before. I have scoured all the old threads, and it is quite possible I have missed something. I have read a lot about a gold necklace, that was supposedly embedded in Darlie's neck after she was stabbed. Some other reports say it "prevented" her stab wound from being deeper and fatal. There are conflicting reports. Other reports say it was just a thin chain, while Darlie's supporters seem to paint a picture of some thick, gangsta rapper style chain. What is the truth? Also, I have listened to the 911 call several times. It seems as if at some point she says: "I thought he was dead" kind of sounding disappointer. I assume this to mean that Damon was not actually dead, but perhaps rustling or something. Does anyone else agree with that? I think it might mean that she thought she had killed him, but she was wrong, why else would she have said it like that? If it were me, I would have said, "My baby is still breathing, send help, tell me what to do!" She sounded more like, "Oh great, I thought he was dead."
    This case is really eating me up inside. I just really weep for those boys and what they went through. How pathetic that at least Damon knew his mommy did that to him. It's heart-breaking and I can't make any sense of how anyone can do this...do animals even kill their young?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita
    I am anewcomer to this case (I actually was living out of the country when it happened, and really only became familiar with it here on WS). Forgive me if any of my questions have been addressed before. I have scoured all the old threads, and it is quite possible I have missed something. I have read a lot about a gold necklace, that was supposedly embedded in Darlie's neck after she was stabbed. Some other reports say it "prevented" her stab wound from being deeper and fatal. There are conflicting reports. Other reports say it was just a thin chain, while Darlie's supporters seem to paint a picture of some thick, gangsta rapper style chain. What is the truth? Also, I have listened to the 911 call several times. It seems as if at some point she says: "I thought he was dead" kind of sounding disappointer. I assume this to mean that Damon was not actually dead, but perhaps rustling or something. Does anyone else agree with that? I think it might mean that she thought she had killed him, but she was wrong, why else would she have said it like that? If it were me, I would have said, "My baby is still breathing, send help, tell me what to do!" She sounded more like, "Oh great, I thought he was dead."
    This case is really eating me up inside. I just really weep for those boys and what they went through. How pathetic that at least Damon knew his mommy did that to him. It's heart-breaking and I can't make any sense of how anyone can do this...do animals even kill their young?
    Sometimes. Ever have hampsters who have hampsters. It can be an ugly sight! LOL!

    I agree with you about the boys, esp Damon. It is a haunting picture of him laying there so long with no one on his side, no one helping him. I can't even imagine what was going thru his mind. Everyone goes thru a period of being really angry with her, no matter how they view her personally.

    I don't know what to tell you about the chain. I think it is a thicker one, but I am not sure it is really big like the gangsta's wear. Hahahaha. Someone else will have to weigh in on that one.

    But I would like to point out that it was not imbedded in her cut. The paramedics didn't notice it and put the bandage over it. Darlie had been standing in the kitchen with a wet washrag/towel pressed against it. It is likely she pushed it up in there then. Maybe intentionally; maybe not. Either way it was right there when they removed the bandage at the hospital. It didn't fall out but the nurse was able to pick it up without any trouble.

    I think it probably prevented the blade from going too deep to fast, but I also think the blade was so sharp that it cut deeper faster than she anticipated. If someone had applied some pressure to it, it probably would have done a lot more damage. Most killers tend to put quite a bit of pressure on a blade they are using to cut someone with. Just another reason to make me doubt the intruder theory.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Its a gold "rope" chain. I'm not sure how many milimeters it was thick, but if you're talking "gangsta" bling, its not even close. Its about 1/4 the width of a pencil, whereas a "gangsta" chain would be closer to about as round as your little finger. It may have been stuck in the slice in her neck, but the wound wasn't nearly deep enough to have "embedded" anything much bigger than a few strands of hair.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Its a gold "rope" chain. I'm not sure how many milimeters it was thick, but if you're talking "gangsta" bling, its not even close. Its about 1/4 the width of a pencil, whereas a "gangsta" chain would be closer to about as round as your little finger. It may have been stuck in the slice in her neck, but the wound wasn't nearly deep enough to have "embedded" anything much bigger than a few strands of hair.
    Wasn't the wound three-quarters inch deep?

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    Wasn't the wound three-quarters inch deep?

    Which Darlie said that? She would have bled to death. The artery isn't that deep in the neck, is it?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Which Darlie said that? She would have bled to death. The artery isn't that deep in the neck, is it?
    I don't know. Come to think of it, it was in CWB's book. Maybe that is where I got that. The docs never measured depth. I don't recall Darlie saying it though. How would she be able to measure it?

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita
    I am anewcomer to this case (I actually was living out of the country when it happened, and really only became familiar with it here on WS). Forgive me if any of my questions have been addressed before. I have scoured all the old threads, and it is quite possible I have missed something. I have read a lot about a gold necklace, that was supposedly embedded in Darlie's neck after she was stabbed. Some other reports say it "prevented" her stab wound from being deeper and fatal. There are conflicting reports. Other reports say it was just a thin chain, while Darlie's supporters seem to paint a picture of some thick, gangsta rapper style chain. What is the truth? Also, I have listened to the 911 call several times. It seems as if at some point she says: "I thought he was dead" kind of sounding disappointer. I assume this to mean that Damon was not actually dead, but perhaps rustling or something. Does anyone else agree with that? I think it might mean that she thought she had killed him, but she was wrong, why else would she have said it like that? If it were me, I would have said, "My baby is still breathing, send help, tell me what to do!" She sounded more like, "Oh great, I thought he was dead."
    This case is really eating me up inside. I just really weep for those boys and what they went through. How pathetic that at least Damon knew his mommy did that to him. It's heart-breaking and I can't make any sense of how anyone can do this...do animals even kill their young?
    It would help if you gave the time or the point in the 911 call that you hear Darlie say I thought he was dead.

    i.e. 00.35:20, the transcript says "thought he was dead....." but when you listen closely to the call you hear "he's seven year's old and he's dead"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    I don't know. Come to think of it, it was in CWB's book. Maybe that is where I got that. The docs never measured depth. I don't recall Darlie saying it though. How would she be able to measure it?

    I'm surprised CWB didn't have the wound being 3 inches deep! Doesn't he also claim that she nearly bled to death?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'm surprised CWB didn't have the wound being 3 inches deep! Doesn't he also claim that she nearly bled to death?
    I don't know. I didn't read his book, just looked at the pictures. I'd laugh if it weren't so hideous. I think I got his theories thru Jeff who failed to tell me where he got them from. I found out from other posters along the way.

    I do recall that there was some discussion, I thought at trial about the three-quarters inch, but I don't really remember now. Maybe that did come from the defense. Goody's brain doesn't want to work tonight. Sorry.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    I don't know. I didn't read his book, just looked at the pictures. I'd laugh if it weren't so hideous. I think I got his theories thru Jeff who failed to tell me where he got them from. I found out from other posters along the way.

    I do recall that there was some discussion, I thought at trial about the three-quarters inch, but I don't really remember now. Maybe that did come from the defense. Goody's brain doesn't want to work tonight. Sorry.
    Hi Goody!
    What ever happened to El Jefe and the rest of the group. Any of them still around?
    Jon Galt/ Dasgal


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by dasgal
    Hi Goody!
    What ever happened to El Jefe and the rest of the group. Any of them still around?
    Hi, JG! I don't know. I think some of them still lurk about. Jeff hangs out at Crime & Justice last I heard, but I also heard that they dumped the Darlie threads because it got too heated and they are really into nicey-nice over there. I stopped posting there because it was too slow to download on dial-up.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    small town, VA
    Posts
    1,814
    [QUOTE=Mama-cita]
    I have read a lot about a gold necklace, that was supposedly embedded in Darlie's neck after she was stabbed. Some other reports say it "prevented" her stab wound from being deeper and fatal. There are conflicting reports. Other reports say it was just a thin chain, while Darlie's supporters seem to paint a picture of some thick, gangsta rapper style chain
    There are photos of the necklace in Chris Brown's book Media Tried, Jutice Denied, pages 459-461 Looks like a regular rope chain choker type with a small diamond pendant
    Beesy Was Here

    So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by cami
    It would help if you gave the time or the point in the 911 call that you hear Darlie say I thought he was dead.

    i.e. 00.35:20, the transcript says "thought he was dead....." but when you listen closely to the call you hear "he's seven year's old and he's dead"
    http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/transcript.html
    Yep, that would be the point in the transcript. It still sounds like "thought he was dead" to me, I guess I am having a hard time hearing anything else.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita
    http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/transcript.html
    Yep, that would be the point in the transcript. It still sounds like "thought he was dead" to me, I guess I am having a hard time hearing anything else.
    Yeah there's so much background noise that it's hard to hear. This was a long time ago but I downloaded it with the MP3 player. There is a buffer you can take off on that player and it helps reduce the static. I hear her quite clearly say "seven year's old and he's dead"

    Of course, I've listened to it many many times, have it burned to a cd, etc.



Similar Threads

  1. BRS phone call question
    By medicated in forum The Zodiac Killer
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 01:29 AM
  2. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 09:41 PM

Tags for this Thread