The infamous necklace and a question about the 911 call...

Mama-cita

Self Appointed Goddess
Reaction score
I am anewcomer to this case (I actually was living out of the country when it happened, and really only became familiar with it here on WS). Forgive me if any of my questions have been addressed before. I have scoured all the old threads, and it is quite possible I have missed something. I have read a lot about a gold necklace, that was supposedly embedded in Darlie's neck after she was stabbed. Some other reports say it "prevented" her stab wound from being deeper and fatal. There are conflicting reports. Other reports say it was just a thin chain, while Darlie's supporters seem to paint a picture of some thick, gangsta rapper style chain. What is the truth? Also, I have listened to the 911 call several times. It seems as if at some point she says: "I thought he was dead" kind of sounding disappointer. I assume this to mean that Damon was not actually dead, but perhaps rustling or something. Does anyone else agree with that? I think it might mean that she thought she had killed him, but she was wrong, why else would she have said it like that? If it were me, I would have said, "My baby is still breathing, send help, tell me what to do!" She sounded more like, "Oh great, I thought he was dead."
This case is really eating me up inside. I just really weep for those boys and what they went through. How pathetic that at least Damon knew his mommy did that to him. It's heart-breaking and I can't make any sense of how anyone can do this...do animals even kill their young?

Mama-cita said:
I am anewcomer to this case (I actually was living out of the country when it happened, and really only became familiar with it here on WS). Forgive me if any of my questions have been addressed before. I have scoured all the old threads, and it is quite possible I have missed something. I have read a lot about a gold necklace, that was supposedly embedded in Darlie's neck after she was stabbed. Some other reports say it "prevented" her stab wound from being deeper and fatal. There are conflicting reports. Other reports say it was just a thin chain, while Darlie's supporters seem to paint a picture of some thick, gangsta rapper style chain. What is the truth? Also, I have listened to the 911 call several times. It seems as if at some point she says: "I thought he was dead" kind of sounding disappointer. I assume this to mean that Damon was not actually dead, but perhaps rustling or something. Does anyone else agree with that? I think it might mean that she thought she had killed him, but she was wrong, why else would she have said it like that? If it were me, I would have said, "My baby is still breathing, send help, tell me what to do!" She sounded more like, "Oh great, I thought he was dead."
This case is really eating me up inside. I just really weep for those boys and what they went through. How pathetic that at least Damon knew his mommy did that to him. It's heart-breaking and I can't make any sense of how anyone can do this...do animals even kill their young?
Sometimes. Ever have hampsters who have hampsters. It can be an ugly sight! LOL!

I agree with you about the boys, esp Damon. It is a haunting picture of him laying there so long with no one on his side, no one helping him. I can't even imagine what was going thru his mind. Everyone goes thru a period of being really angry with her, no matter how they view her personally.

I don't know what to tell you about the chain. I think it is a thicker one, but I am not sure it is really big like the gangsta's wear. Hahahaha. Someone else will have to weigh in on that one.

But I would like to point out that it was not imbedded in her cut. The paramedics didn't notice it and put the bandage over it. Darlie had been standing in the kitchen with a wet washrag/towel pressed against it. It is likely she pushed it up in there then. Maybe intentionally; maybe not. Either way it was right there when they removed the bandage at the hospital. It didn't fall out but the nurse was able to pick it up without any trouble.

I think it probably prevented the blade from going too deep to fast, but I also think the blade was so sharp that it cut deeper faster than she anticipated. If someone had applied some pressure to it, it probably would have done a lot more damage. Most killers tend to put quite a bit of pressure on a blade they are using to cut someone with. Just another reason to make me doubt the intruder theory.

Its a gold "rope" chain. I'm not sure how many milimeters it was thick, but if you're talking "gangsta" bling, its not even close. Its about 1/4 the width of a pencil, whereas a "gangsta" chain would be closer to about as round as your little finger. It may have been stuck in the slice in her neck, but the wound wasn't nearly deep enough to have "embedded" anything much bigger than a few strands of hair.

Jeana (DP) said:
Its a gold "rope" chain. I'm not sure how many milimeters it was thick, but if you're talking "gangsta" bling, its not even close. Its about 1/4 the width of a pencil, whereas a "gangsta" chain would be closer to about as round as your little finger. It may have been stuck in the slice in her neck, but the wound wasn't nearly deep enough to have "embedded" anything much bigger than a few strands of hair.
Wasn't the wound three-quarters inch deep?

Jeana (DP) said:
Which Darlie said that? :confused: :confused: :confused: She would have bled to death. The artery isn't that deep in the neck, is it?
I don't know. Come to think of it, it was in CWB's book. Maybe that is where I got that. The docs never measured depth. I don't recall Darlie saying it though. How would she be able to measure it?

Mama-cita said:

It would help if you gave the time or the point in the 911 call that you hear Darlie say I thought he was dead.

i.e. 00.35:20, the transcript says "thought he was dead....." but when you listen closely to the call you hear "he's seven year's old and he's dead"

Goody said:
I don't know. Come to think of it, it was in CWB's book. Maybe that is where I got that. The docs never measured depth. I don't recall Darlie saying it though. How would she be able to measure it?

I'm surprised CWB didn't have the wound being 3 inches deep! :confused: :confused: :confused: Doesn't he also claim that she nearly bled to death? :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm surprised CWB didn't have the wound being 3 inches deep! :confused: :confused: :confused: Doesn't he also claim that she nearly bled to death? :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
I don't know. I didn't read his book, just looked at the pictures. I'd laugh if it weren't so hideous. I think I got his theories thru Jeff who failed to tell me where he got them from. I found out from other posters along the way.

I do recall that there was some discussion, I thought at trial about the three-quarters inch, but I don't really remember now. Maybe that did come from the defense. Goody's brain doesn't want to work tonight. Sorry.

Goody said:
I don't know. I didn't read his book, just looked at the pictures. I'd laugh if it weren't so hideous. I think I got his theories thru Jeff who failed to tell me where he got them from. I found out from other posters along the way.

I do recall that there was some discussion, I thought at trial about the three-quarters inch, but I don't really remember now. Maybe that did come from the defense. Goody's brain doesn't want to work tonight. Sorry.
Hi Goody!
What ever happened to El Jefe and the rest of the group. Any of them still around?

dasgal said:
Hi Goody!
What ever happened to El Jefe and the rest of the group. Any of them still around?
Hi, JG! I don't know. I think some of them still lurk about. Jeff hangs out at Crime & Justice last I heard, but I also heard that they dumped the Darlie threads because it got too heated and they are really into nicey-nice over there. I stopped posting there because it was too slow to download on dial-up.

Mama-cita said:
I have read a lot about a gold necklace, that was supposedly embedded in Darlie's neck after she was stabbed. Some other reports say it "prevented" her stab wound from being deeper and fatal. There are conflicting reports. Other reports say it was just a thin chain, while Darlie's supporters seem to paint a picture of some thick, gangsta rapper style chain
There are photos of the necklace in Chris Brown's book Media Tried, Jutice Denied, pages 459-461 Looks like a regular rope chain choker type with a small diamond pendant

cami said:
It would help if you gave the time or the point in the 911 call that you hear Darlie say I thought he was dead.

i.e. 00.35:20, the transcript says "thought he was dead....." but when you listen closely to the call you hear "he's seven year's old and he's dead"
http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/transcript.html
Yep, that would be the point in the transcript. It still sounds like "thought he was dead" to me, I guess I am having a hard time hearing anything else.

Mama-cita said:
http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/transcript.html
Yep, that would be the point in the transcript. It still sounds like "thought he was dead" to me, I guess I am having a hard time hearing anything else.

Yeah there's so much background noise that it's hard to hear. This was a long time ago but I downloaded it with the MP3 player. There is a buffer you can take off on that player and it helps reduce the static. I hear her quite clearly say "seven year's old and he's dead"

Of course, I've listened to it many many times, have it burned to a cd, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back