Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Recall: Zatarain’s Red Beans And Rice Original Due To Possible Allergen

December 21, 2015 9:49 AM

DETROIT (WWJ) – Zatarain’s is initiating a voluntary recall of 8 oz boxes of Red Beans and Rice Original with a “BEST BY” date of JUL 31 16Z distributed in the Midwest and Eastern regions of the U.S. The Red Beans and Rice Original product may actually contain Creamy Parmesan Rice Mix with dairy ingredients.

Dairy allergens are not labeled on the Red Beans and Rice Original package. People with a dairy allergy or sensitivity run the risk of a serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.

No illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported to date and no other Zatarain’s products are involved in this recall...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/12...s-and-rice-original-due-to-possible-allergen/

Recall: Zatarain’s Red Beans And Rice Original Due To Possible Allergen

December 21, 2015 9:49 AM

DETROIT (WWJ) – Zatarain’s is initiating a voluntary recall of 8 oz boxes of Red Beans and Rice Original with a “BEST BY” date of JUL 31 16Z distributed in the Midwest and Eastern regions of the U.S. The Red Beans and Rice Original product may actually contain Creamy Parmesan Rice Mix with dairy ingredients.

Dairy allergens are not labeled on the Red Beans and Rice Original package. People with a dairy allergy or sensitivity run the risk of a serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.

No illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported to date and no other Zatarain’s products are involved in this recall...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/12...s-and-rice-original-due-to-possible-allergen/

Thanks for the heads up. I used to buy the premade packages to build from back in college, but all the crap ingredients lIke everything else in a box these days...Been making my own "Jambalaya Crawfish Pie and File Gumbo" for years now.

I picked up a box of beans & rice for a food collection at the Detroit Opera House last month. Hope it wasn't the recalled product.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back