751 users online (93 members and 658 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Horrible Christmas card? You judge

This has been going around my FB feed. I'm trying to get the link correct. https://www.facebook.com/cory.perkin...841376652539:0

Maybe someone can put the picture isolated on this thread?

The girls and mom have duct tape on their mouths. I'll leave the rest of the interpretation to you.

My stepsister sent a card just like this last year and I found it so disturbing, I threw it out. I told my stepmother that that card was not cool, even if it was a joke. She agreed surprisingly enough. My stepsister is 42 and IMO should know better.

Horrible and stupid.

Yeah, I saw this. No matter how hard I try to recognize that it is supposed to be funny, I can't. Makes me a little sick to my stomach actually.

Disgusting.
    MOO

Oh! I'm in the geographical area and didn't realize it went big. It has come across my feed twice, and I swear if it comes one more time I'm going to have a colossal FB rant lol.

Great way to put your young daughters down.
    Azzhole.
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

Some people will do anything for attention.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

Wow to me that is really crappy, maybe the lady should show a pic of her husband laying on the ground with blood all around his head while she holds a gun (implying she shot him) and saying PEACE ON EARTH about him... I think thats about how nice I feel it is.

Disgusting. Men like this -- and those who think this crap is funny -- deserve to be permanent bachelors.

eta -- When I went to the link, 17 Facebook (l)users had "Liked" the image. I think it is also disgraceful that 12 of the 17 were women.

Disgusting. I want to go on a rant so bad but am restraining myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    Disgusting. Men like this -- and those who think this crap is funny -- deserve to be permanent bachelors.

eta -- When I went to the link, 17 Facebook (l)users had "Liked" the image. I think it is also disgraceful that 12 of the 17 were women.
    It's worse that that. My people are talking about it on local feeds and 95% comments are in favor and the dissenters are called cry babies and told to go home to mommy. Etc.

Hilarious!! And I wonder what makes anyone think this was the husband's idea? I make appt. for any pictures, come up with ideas, discuss it with the photographer. My husband shows up clean in a shirt I picked out. He really is not into the details.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    Hilarious!!
    sbm

Yeah, sexism and silencing women is inexhaustibly hilarious. Even if it was the wife who was the Nobel Laureate to come up with this idea, I can't help but think what a great lesson she taught her daughters. They're going to be great wives for abusive husbands, some day -- or perhaps Duggar-type brides.

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    sbm

Yeah, sexism and silencing women is inexhaustibly hilarious. Even if it was the wife who was the Nobel Laureate to come up with this idea, I can't help but think what a great lesson she taught her daughters. They're going to be great wives for abusive husbands, some day -- or perhaps Duggar-type brides.
    Do not take yourself so seriously! This is far from the first card I have seen with this type of joke on it. Lighten up! No wonder people hate each other. No one gets a good belly laugh anymore! We are too busy judging everybody to relax and have a good time. I guess being offended and worried about a Duggar bride that will never affect your life is a choice, too.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast