839 users online (110 members and 729 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
Results 1,036 to 1,048 of 1048
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Dmacky, have you tried Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner? It will help retain your hair and encourage hair growth. Hormones have a huge influence on hair loss as well as medications. Sometimes lab results don't indicate the cause. The Nioxin works well should you choose to use it. Xo
    Thank you Zuri!! I sent my daughter to my hairdressers and I am excited to try it.
    I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago, everything except my ovaries. I hit menopause a couple of years later. My hair didn't start falling out 6 years ago in June of 2009, but my lord my face is so dry that I can put Vaseline on it and 2-3 hours later it has soaked in! Do you or anyone else know of a good moisturizer for extremely dry skin (face) I have tried so many moisturizers and I still can hardly get makeup on fast enough, because the moisturizer soaks in so fast! I need help
    Thanks for the heads up about hormones.

Wink

Hello my Sidebar Friends!

Thanks to all of your for allowing me to share my grief process with you. I cried after I posted those pictures, just out of the blue. Your compassion and thoughtful caring responses have helped so very much. I feel "safe" here which is why I post things I never share with anyone else.

I speak of you as "my friend" by name to my family and friends as you are such a big part of my life. Some ask how I know you and I try and explain, but the look of doubt on their face is obvious. It is like "How can you be friends with people you have never met"? I have met you. I know your hearts and what matters to you. I know that in both happy and sad times, we are here for each other. Isn't that the definition of friend?

You are loved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    I feel exactly the same way about Sidebar. Everyone is "my friend" here. They have been with me through a lot of ups and downs. know I can always come here for laughs and tears and hugs and prayers. Whatever we need, it always gets offered.

Those tears out of the blue are your love for your Knox, always in your heart. It's OK. We love you, Zuri.
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiG View Post
    BBM

I do the same thing. And, I get the same looks. Oh, well.

We are family here, and since we "meet" together daily, perhaps we're in some ways closer than many in our real families. And above all, we truly care about one another.

Thanks for honoring us by trusting us and feeling safe enough here to share your grief, Zuri. I know I speak for others in saying that you are much beloved by all of us.
    Oh so TRUE!! Zuri - and here I am crying again looking at the picture of your daughter and Knox! But a Happy cry!

I say things here that I would never share with my close girlfriends - in fact, one called the other day, and asked if I had someone to share my feelings with regarding the Huz - and I said YES! But did not say it was my "imaginary" friends! LOL! You ALL have helped me thru this very difficult time... and I can't tell you how much this really means to me!

The sharing we do here is very special! Who would have thought!

you ALL!!!!!!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Little Deorr Kunz's parents have finally been named suspects in his disappearance. What is the world coming to....

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crime...ance/79301014/
    Oh thank you neesaki for this update! I've been following this story from the beginning, and kept going back to his thread, but it has been closed for quite awhile - and now I see a thousand plus posts... must go read!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Hello my Sidebar Friends!

Oh so TRUE!! Zuri - and here I am crying again looking at the picture of your daughter and Knox! But a Happy cry!

I say things here that I would never share with my close girlfriends - in fact, one called the other day, and asked if I had someone to share my feelings with regarding the Huz - and I said YES! But did not say it was my "imaginary" friends! LOL! You ALL have helped me thru this very difficult time... and I can't tell you how much this really means to me!

The sharing we do here is very special! Who would have thought!

you ALL!!!!!!

BBM

You are so right! Even my closest friends or family don't get the privilege of knowing me like you all do! My go-to place for everything. And I save the cost of a therapist I may have never trusted.

Niner, I so love how you post words of kindness to everyone .... and send the same love and support right back at ya!
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dmacky View Post
    Thank you Zuri!! I sent my daughter to my hairdressers and I am excited to try it.
    I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago, everything except my ovaries. I hit menopause a couple of years later. My hair didn't start falling out 6 years ago in June of 2009, but my lord my face is so dry that I can put Vaseline on it and 2-3 hours later it has soaked in! Do you or anyone else know of a good moisturizer for extremely dry skin (face) I have tried so many moisturizers and I still can hardly get makeup on fast enough, because the moisturizer soaks in so fast! I need help
    Dmacky, I, too, am dealing with hair falling out, plus really dry skin.

I can run my fingers through my hair and wind up with a handful (sexy, huh). And what winds up the shower drain looks like someone was scalped. But I don't think you'd know it to look at me, and it still feels pretty full. Perhaps just a natural sloughing off of old hair follicles? I dunno...

As to the dry skin, I too feel like a SPONGE. Watching TV, recently I've seen commercials about treatments for "crepe-y" skin. That pretty much describes my whole physical being! I don't think any amount of moisturizer would make a difference, plus, I hate how it makes my bed linens so gross. Saw an article recently about dry body brushing (with natural bristles). I'm going to look into that...

So much for aging with grace!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmacky View Post
    Moisturizers: Cetaphil or Eucerin. You don't need fancy expensive creams. You can get these in the drugstore. Dermatologist and Physician recommended. And they work!

Dry skin and hair loss come with drops in estrogen and testosterone, medications, stress. If you wonder if you have thyroid issues, look at your eyebrows. IIRC, If you start missing eyebrows from the midline out, chances are your thyroid could be affected. Other conditions can cause this too, so please make sure you consult your physician.

There are cheaper knock offs of Nioxin so just compare ingredients if you want to save some money. Shampoos with parabens and sulfates also affect hair loss. Look for the ones with out those ingredients. Same for moisturizers. Not good for your skin.

And no petroleum jelly For your face! Heels and body sure. But not straight petroleum jelly! Please! Lips ok if necessary.

Dry skin and hair loss come with drops in estrogen and testosterone, medications, stress. If you wonder if you have thyroid issues, look at your eyebrows. IIRC, If you start missing eyebrows from the midline out, chances are your thyroid could be affected. Other conditions can cause this too, so please make sure you consult your physician.

There are cheaper knock offs of Nioxin so just compare ingredients if you want to save some money. Shampoos with parabens and sulfates also affect hair loss. Look for the ones with out those ingredients. Same for moisturizers. Not good for your skin.

And no petroleum jelly For your face! Heels and body sure. But not straight petroleum jelly! Please! Lips ok if necessary.
    BBM

I have always had very sparse eyebrows, but just looked in a mirror and don't notice any difference from the midline out, so I guess I'm okay there.

My BFF, who is also blonde and very fair, just got tattooing to give some definition to her eyebrows. She also got the permanent eye-liner and a lip tint.

I have yet to see her, but she seems pleased with the results, as does her husband. The eye-liner thing makes me a bit nervous (tattooing your eyelids???), but I can definitely see doing the eyebrows, maybe even the lips...

A SMILE is a great way to start off your day. Good Morning to a very special group of FRIENDS!!

I had a weird day yesterday and stayed in bed most of the day...could be all the steroids have left me and I'm coming down? But anyway, whatever it was/is I'm up today!

The 'girls' are having a blast at Disney and has sent many pics, but most of them have 'Princess' Lizzy in them and would need block her out and that would be no fun!
    Here is the 'Mouse Ears' she got ~ What happened to the old fashion back ears?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be still and know that I am GOD. Psalm 46:10

Don't judge others or let people bother you!

Smile and have a blessed day!

Dottie Rambo - Sheltered In The Arms Of God
    https://youtu.be/61Q1mDT1QLM?list=RD61Q1mDT1QLM

New And Unusual Ways To Use Windex. Windex is great for cleaning windows, but did you know you can use it for so much more? Check out all the different ways this amazing glass cleaner can be used in your home.
    http://www.faithtap.com/5585/new-and...se-windex/?f=1

It’s Not A Soup And It’s Not A Casserole…This Biscuit-Topped Stew Is The Best!!
    http://12tomatoes.com/chicken-biscui...it-stew_011116

Dmacky ~ When I come and visit you this spring/summer...PLEASE warn me if you have gas!

Zuri ~ Much love to you, my friend

I'm going request a new thread....

Here you go.

Please continue here:

SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70