897 users online (191 members and 706 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Los Angeles Deputy Shoots Partner, Blames Suspect; Both Kill Suspect in Retaliation

Apologies if this already has a thread. I searched but could not find one.

A disturbing video emerged Friday showing two Los Angeles sheriff’s deputies killing a man after they had chased him for riding a bicycle while wearing headphones.

The incident took place more than a year ago with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department initially telling the media that they shot and killed 23-year-old Noel Aguilar, a “known gang member,” after he pulled out a gun and shot a deputy.

But now a video shows the two deputies struggling to arrest Aguilar when one deputy pulls out his gun and shoots the second deputy before placing his gun back into its holster, then placing the blame on Aguilar.
    Absolutely disgraceful.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...n-retaliation/

MSM: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...execution.html
    Last edited by KateB; 12-21-2015 at 07:45 PM. Reason: add MSM link.

I can't believe what I'm seeing.

How does chasing a man for wearing headphones while riding a bike turn into this? How do they come up with armed "known gang member" to excuse their behavior?

I can't stand to watch anymore. I made it about halfway through. The man is unarmed, they shoot him numerous times, refuse to give medical assistance and instead sit on him while he dies. All for riding a bicycle with headphones. What has this world come to? It makes me fear policemen.

This is beyond sick.
    All statements are my opinion only.

I'm with those who have posted,disgraceful,wouldn't believe if I wasn't seeing it,and any bit of trust is gone after that story and video.

It's like the Keystone Cops only not funny and someone died.

I think this one beats all. IMO

Absolutely disgusting.

Another execution by the police, complete with a cover-up, no investigation (evidently), and, lo and behold, a year before the truth comes out. That really does speak to a problem that is not isolated to two bad cops -- there is a deeper pathology at play here.

Video raises questions about Los Angeles Sheriff Department shooting in Long Beach

Aguilar's family has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the sheriff's department.

“Its clearly an execution. Its murder,” said attorney Humberto Guizar, who is representing Aguilar’s fiancé and mother.
    A statement from the Sheriff’s Department following the shooting said Aguilar was grabbing for a deputy's gun. The statement also said he was armed with a loaded handgun.
    ^ This is why we can never believe what the cops say right after an incident. Too many times we get one story and then a video surfaces showing a completely different story.

“The Sheriff’s Department takes all deputy involved shootings seriously. An internal affairs investigation was conducted and completed and will be presented to the Executive Force Review Committee in January.”
    If it's true they take them so seriously it wouldn't take them a year and a half to conduct an investigation.

This is how seriously they take deputy involved shootings:

Both deputies are back on patrol, according to the statement.
    Of course they are.

Wow. Sickening. How are they still working, and how was this just swept under the rug?? I am speechless.

Oh my god. How can that even happen? I'm crying after watching that, part sadness and part rage. What the hell is wrong? Why is America putting up with this? How does someone targeted by police stand a chance? I have so many questions. That is flat out murder. I just finished watching the Netflix series Making a Murderer last night. The power imbalance between police and the public is disgusting.

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    And they are back on patrol?!? After this publicity I sure wouldn't want to be them. What a disgrace.

can anyone find a source for the claim that they stopped him for wearing headphones while riding a bike? it isnt in the report and they give a different reason altogether for the stop.

the only place i can find someone claiming that is a reporter saying Aguilar's girlfriend speculated that it might be why they stopped him.

but that isnt even from a main stream media source so i dont think im allowed to post it?

im having a hard time finding fault with what Murad did, i have no problem seeing several things Ruiz did wrong/criminal.

It's mentioned in a few MSM articles but I haven't seen a direct quote from LE, only the part about him riding his bike and them chasing after him.

Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    im having a hard time finding fault with what Murad did, i have no problem seeing several things Ruiz did wrong/criminal.
    And the deceased had a loaded gun & resisted arrest repeatedly. Sure, I feel bad that he died but why resist? Tox report showed the deceased had MJ & meth in his system.

To be honest, you couldn't pay me to be LE nowadays.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast