1280 users online (239 members and 1041 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Body of newborn found in Grayslake landfill, 16 Aug 2005

A baby boy who remains unidentified five weeks after he was discovered dead in a Grayslake landfill was laid to rest Friday during an emotional ceremony attended by dozens of mourners.

No one at the graveside service knew the newborn infant, but the brown-haired, brown-eyed boy -- and his lonely death -- still had touched their lives.

The baby -- so young he was still attached to his umbilical cord -- was found dead Aug. 16 amid tons of garbage at the Countryside Landfill.
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...yburied24.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Infant boy not alone in death

Baby Boy Doe was buried in a white casket barely as big as the flower arrangement Friday, as dozens of strangers paid their respects during a graveside service.

Some came from miles away, touched by the story of an infant found dead in a Grayslake landfill, a boy who was born alive but apparently tossed in the trash within a day of birth.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...-newslocal-hed
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Poor little guy. I think the safe haven law needs to be spotlighted. I don't know whether it's a good idea to have posters in schools - but that would be better than this.

I think at least leaflets could be placed beside home pregnancy tests in drugstores.
    Above is my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by Brefie
    Poor little guy. I think the safe haven law needs to be spotlighted. I don't know whether it's a good idea to have posters in schools - but that would be better than this.

I think at least leaflets could be placed beside home pregnancy tests in drugstores.

I'd rather see condoms being handed out in schools. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I think both needs to happen. They make these laws, but so many don't know about them. Kids aren't aware of what laws are passed. Neither are a lot of people. Unless they advertise them in the area where kids are and people who are most likely to commit this crime- the laws are useless.
    I have told both my kids about the safe haven law. Hopefully, if they ever come across someone with a hidden pregnancy- they will remember. But all kids need to be made aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Me too, Jeana, but once you find yourself pregnant it's too late for that. But, admittedly, I am unfairly assuming that the baby's mother was only a baby herself.

I just think anything is better than the outcome of this story.......
    Above is my opinion only