IL - Body of newborn found in Grayslake landfill, 16 Aug 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A baby boy who remains unidentified five weeks after he was discovered dead in a Grayslake landfill was laid to rest Friday during an emotional ceremony attended by dozens of mourners.

No one at the graveside service knew the newborn infant, but the brown-haired, brown-eyed boy -- and his lonely death -- still had touched their lives.

The baby -- so young he was still attached to his umbilical cord -- was found dead Aug. 16 amid tons of garbage at the Countryside Landfill.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-babyburied24.html

Poor little guy. I think the safe haven law needs to be spotlighted. I don't know whether it's a good idea to have posters in schools - but that would be better than this.

I think at least leaflets could be placed beside home pregnancy tests in drugstores.

Brefie said:
Poor little guy. I think the safe haven law needs to be spotlighted. I don't know whether it's a good idea to have posters in schools - but that would be better than this.

I think at least leaflets could be placed beside home pregnancy tests in drugstores.

I'd rather see condoms being handed out in schools. . .

Jeana (DP) said:

I think both needs to happen. They make these laws, but so many don't know about them. Kids aren't aware of what laws are passed. Neither are a lot of people. Unless they advertise them in the area where kids are and people who are most likely to commit this crime- the laws are useless.
I have told both my kids about the safe haven law. Hopefully, if they ever come across someone with a hidden pregnancy- they will remember. But all kids need to be made aware of it.

Jeana (DP) said:

Me too, Jeana, but once you find yourself pregnant it's too late for that. But, admittedly, I am unfairly assuming that the baby's mother was only a baby herself.

I just think anything is better than the outcome of this story.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back