PA - Derek DeGroat, 21, fatally shot by state troopers, Wayne County, 21 Dec 2015

Family Searching for Answers After Son is Shot by Troopers

"I want people to know that Derek wasn't this type of person," said Derek's father Michael DeGroat. "Derek was about helping other people."

Michael DeGroat says his son loved his country and didn't deserve to die at the hands of state police.

A search warrant indicates troopers told DeGroat to drop his weapons and when he spun towards them, they fired. Court papers show two rifles and a shotgun was found near DeGroat.

"I think it was a seed planted in their minds that he could be dangerous. His girlfriend told them that if the police showed up, he was going to kill them. That's just not true."

image.jpg
http://thetimes-tribune.com/polopol...e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_240/image.jpg

Wayne County D.A. Holds News Conference on Deadly Shooting

The Wayne County district attorney held a news conference Wednesday morning with the latest on the investigation into a deadly shooting that left a national guardsman dead and put three troopers on leave.
"Over 10 times, loudly, the officers stated to Mr. DeGroat to drop his weapons, to put them down and to stop walking, and he refused," said Wayne County District Attorney Janine Edwards.
"I think it was a seed planted in their minds that he could be dangerous," said Derek's father Michael DeGroat. "His girlfriend told them that if the police showed up, he was going to kill them. That's just not true."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back