NY - Sandra 'Beth' Geisel for student sex abuse, Albany, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The randy former upstate Catholic-school teacher accused of bedding several of her students would face less than a year in jail under a plea deal offered by prosecutors, The Post has learned.

Sandra "Beth" Geisel, a mother of two and the estranged wife of a prominent Albany-area banker, was indicted earlier this month on three counts of rape and one count of performing a criminal sexual act for her involvement with a student who was 16 years old at the time.
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/53943.htm

Sandra Beth Geisel will get 6-month jail sentence and must register with state Sex Offender Registry for incident with Christian Brothers Academy student

The former Christian Brothers Academy teacher accused of having sex with a 16-year-old student accepted a plea deal this morning that will land her a 6-month jail sentence and 10 years of probation.

Geisel, 42, will be officially sentenced on Nov. 21, but because of time served and merit credit, she will likely be released about two weeks later.
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/st...ategory=ALBANY&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=9/26/2005

A former Catholic school teacher sentenced for having sex with a 16-year-old student was told by a judge Monday that while her behavior "crossed the line" she was a victim, too.

"The 16-year-old in this case is a victim in the statutory sense only," Albany County Judge Stephen Herrick told Sandra Beth Geisel. "He was certainly not victimized by you in any other sense of the word."

Geisel pleaded guilty to one count of third-degree rape on Sept. 27 after admitting to having had sex with the boy in May. She was sentenced to six months in jail but is scheduled for release in several weeks, counting time already served. Though she also admitted to having sex with two 17-year-old students, no charges were filed in those incidents because the boys were of legal age.

Herrick, in handing down his sentence, said the students "manipulated, used and sexually abused" Geisel.

"They demeaned and sometimes ridiculed you, putting your calls on speakerphone. They considered you a playmate," the judge said. "You sensed and knew what was going on but did not extricate yourself, even though you had a son in the same school and in the same grade."
http://www.wnbc.com/education/5381714/detail.html

Well at least he was 16 and not 8, like that other freak.

What the heck is wrong with her :slap: mother of 2 :doh:

mysteriew said:
A former Catholic school teacher sentenced for having sex with a 16-year-old student was told by a judge Monday that while her behavior "crossed the line" she was a victim, too.

"The 16-year-old in this case is a victim in the statutory sense only," Albany County Judge Stephen Herrick told Sandra Beth Geisel. "He was certainly not victimized by you in any other sense of the word."

Geisel pleaded guilty to one count of third-degree rape on Sept. 27 after admitting to having had sex with the boy in May. She was sentenced to six months in jail but is scheduled for release in several weeks, counting time already served. Though she also admitted to having sex with two 17-year-old students, no charges were filed in those incidents because the boys were of legal age.

Herrick, in handing down his sentence, said the students "manipulated, used and sexually abused" Geisel.

"They demeaned and sometimes ridiculed you, putting your calls on speakerphone. They considered you a playmate," the judge said. "You sensed and knew what was going on but did not extricate yourself, even though you had a son in the same school and in the same grade."
http://www.wnbc.com/education/5381714/detail.html

I'm not getting this. This judge feels sorry for this 42 yr old woman? She's 42 yrs old with a son the same age of these kids. The judge is talking to her like she is the same age as these boys. This woman is old enough to know that a woman her age has no business screwing around with young boys. Where were her boundarys? The boys demeaned her, ridiculed her, considered her a playmate!!!! Shouldn't that have been a big clue to her.

I agree that it's a good thing that the boys weren't little boys but for pity sake the woman is 42 yrs old. One mother goes to prison for 30 years for partying with teens and of course giving them drinks and drugs and the other mother/teacher gets 6 months? This woman is a TEACHER and should be held to high standards in my opinion anyway. Wonder what her 16-17 yr old child thinks?

Bobbisangel said:
I'm not getting this. This judge feels sorry for this 42 yr old woman? She's 42 yrs old with a son the same age of these kids. The judge is talking to her like she is the same age as these boys. This woman is old enough to know that a woman her age has no business screwing around with young boys. Where were her boundarys? The boys demeaned her, ridiculed her, considered her a playmate!!!! Shouldn't that have been a big clue to her.

I agree that it's a good thing that the boys weren't little boys but for pity sake the woman is 42 yrs old. One mother goes to prison for 30 years for partying with teens and of course giving them drinks and drugs and the other mother/teacher gets 6 months? This woman is a TEACHER and should be held to high standards in my opinion anyway. Wonder what her 16-17 yr old child thinks?
Ya gotta admit, she's pretty pathetic

From what I am reading, not only did these 16 year old "kids" not appear to be acting like victims, they were victimizing the teacher. The would call her and put her on the speakerphone and egg her on. They were calling and setting up the dates. As a teacher and authoritative person, what she did was wrong. And I am glad she won't teaching kids again as she is pretty pathetic and either didn't know how to behave with young boys, or didn't care how to behave. But the boys were acting pretty bad too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back