Another Victim of the Elizabeth Smart Kidnapping

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Angela Ricci was married to Richard Ricci. Richard Ricci was the man falsely accused of kidnapping Elizabeth Smart. Richard was in state custody after being convicted by public opinion and the police when he died of a brain aneurysm.

Last Friday Angela took her life.

Angela was a dear close friend of mine.

Her son Trevor is a fine young man with an adorable 2 year old son.

Angela had nothing. Trevor would like to give his mother a funeral. He has started a Go Fund Me Page.

https://www..com/trfxrdrr

Please DO NOT give to Trevor's campaign if you can't afford it. If you can give something, even a couple of dollars, that would help.

Please, no nasty comments about anything. This thread is not to rehash the Smart case. Only to let you know about a tragic ending for someone
who was brought into the case by no fault of their own.

Thanks,
Tricia

Angela Ricci was married to Richard Ricci. Richard Ricci was the man falsely accused of kidnapping Elizabeth Smart. Richard was in state custody after being convicted by public opinion and the police when he died of a brain aneurysm.

Last Friday Angela took her life.

Angela was a dear close friend of mine.

Her son Trevor is a fine young man with an adorable 2 year old son.

Angela had nothing. Trevor would like to give his mother a funeral. He has started a Go Fund Me Page.

https://www..com/trfxrdrr

Please DO NOT give to Trevor's campaign if you can't afford it. If you can give something, even a couple of dollars, that would help.

Please, no nasty comments about anything. This thread is not to rehash the Smart case. Only to let you know about a tragic ending for someone
who was brought into the case by no fault of their own.

Thanks,
Tricia

I am so sorry for your loss, Tricia.

This is totally heartbreaking news. I felt so sorry for Richard. I never thought for one minute he had hurt Elizabeth or any other child for that matter. Everyone who really knew him knew he loved children. The only reason they picked him up on parole violation was because he drank a beer, right? Ugh, when we have so many really bad asses that need to be locked away instead. The real reason was to lock him away pressuring him to confess to something he never had any involvement in. I have always held the police responsible for his death. He should have never died in prison. I think the stress of being labeled a kidnapper, pedophile, and murderer of a young girl put him in an early grave.

I also felt so sorry for Angela too. She knew Richard would never do something like this to any child.. much less Elizabeth. It was one of the many reasons I stopped watching Nancy. She had him tried and convicted as a kidnapper/pedophile and murderer based on NOTHING. She was so mean and cruel to a man she didn't even know nor did she have a clue who really was the kidnapper/pedophile, and I really don't think she cared either, Tricia. I know you don't like us talking about NG but Angela's death brings all of it back and I still feel such anger about NGs false accusations and how the internet masses found him guilty based on speculations with nothing to back any of it up.

My heart breaks for Angela knowing she couldn't stand the pain any longer she felt inside. She went through so much that most wives never have to endure. It had to be awful for her the way she was treated because of those who believed Richard was involved when she knew in her heart, he was not.

God bless Trevor and his little son. I hope people will open their hearts and do the right thing for Angela. She certainly deserves it after the way she was treated when alive. I will be more than happy to give to her funeral fund. Its the least I can do for a woman who has had to endure so much pain through no fault of her own nor even Richard's.

IMO

I am so sorry for your loss, Tricia.

This is totally heartbreaking news. I felt so sorry for Richard. I never thought for one minute he had hurt Elizabeth or any other child for that matter. Everyone who really knew him knew he loved children. The only reason they picked him up on parole violation was because he drank a beer, right? Ugh, when we have so many really bad asses that need to be locked away instead. The real reason was to lock him away pressuring him to confess to something he never had any involvement in. I have always held the police responsible for his death. He should have never died in prison. I think the stress of being labeled a kidnapper, pedophile, and murderer of a young girl put him in an early grave.

I also felt so sorry for Angela too. She knew Richard would never do something like this to any child.. much less Elizabeth. It was one of the many reasons I stopped watching Nancy. She had him tried and convicted as a kidnapper/pedophile and murderer based on NOTHING. She was so mean and cruel to a man she didn't even know nor did she have a clue who really was the kidnapper/pedophile, and I really don't think she cared either, Tricia. I know you don't like us talking about NG but Angela's death brings all of it back and I still feel such anger about NGs false accusations and how the internet masses found him guilty based on speculations with nothing to back any of it up.

My heart breaks for Angela knowing she couldn't stand the pain any longer she felt inside. She went through so much that most wives never have to endure. It had to be awful for her the way she was treated because of those who believed Richard was involved when she knew in her heart, he was not.

God bless Trevor and his little son. I hope people will open their hearts and do the right thing for Angela. She certainly deserves it after the way she was treated when alive. I will be more than happy to give to her funeral fund. Its the least I can do for a woman who has had to endure so much pain through no fault of her own nor even Richard's.

IMO

Yes, they violated his parole for drinking a beer and took him to the Utah State Prison.

Wfgodot , thanks for posting the article from the Daily Mail. Wow does that article have a DOOSEY of a bit of false info.

They never found 3500 dollars worth of stolen jewelry in Ricci's home. Did not happen. They did find a jar of seashells and a t-shirt. Both articles were from the Smart home. Why in the hell Ricci took those things is beyond me. He was a troubled man but he did not kidnap Elizabeth Smart.

If they did find 3500 dollars worth of jewels they would have charged him with that theft and not revoked his parole for drinking a beer.

There are still so many misconceptions in this case but let's not discuss them on this thread. The case is closed. Elizabeth has her life back and by all appearances is very happy, her kidnappers are in prison and the one woman who was totally forgotten and greatly harmed by these misconceptions is dead.

I am so sorry Tricia. (((Hugs)))

My condolences on the loss of your friend, Tricia. I remember Angela well from back then. I believed her when she said her husband did not do the kidnapping. She came across as a very sincere and a very nice woman.

And I too became fed up and stopped watching NG over that incident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back