1168 users online (204 members and 964 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Daily Grail:

Boleskine House, Legendary Residence of Jimmy Page, Aleister Crowley, Destroyed by Fire

Thelemapedia:

'Boll-ESS-kin' House

Telegraph:

Former home of 'most evil man in Britain' burns down

---
    Crowley and his disciples used drugs, sex and blood sacrifices of goats and cats during debauched rituals.

The black magician also took pleasure in the suffering that his sinister practices apparently brought to local villagers.
    ---

I'm from the area. It was a bad fire, as the roof is gone. Boleskin House is only a *dark* place if you think of it as such. In the early 90's there were some illegal raves there i may have attended. It's said to be a bad place because Crowley started a ritual there and didn't complete it. Given the date of the fire perhaps it was someoe performing a Yule ritual and a candle started it?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycatladyscotland View Post
    Boleskin House is only a *dark* place if you think of it as such.
    Quite true. "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so," as Shakespeare reminds.

I was more impressed with the cemetery than I was by the house. From the outside, and what small glimpses I had of the interior, it wasn't that imposing or "dark". Does anyone know if it was more impressive in person?
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by crazycatladyscotland View Post
    I'm from the area. It was a bad fire, as the roof is gone. Boleskin House is only a *dark* place if you think of it as such. In the early 90's there were some illegal raves there i may have attended. It's said to be a bad place because Crowley started a ritual there and didn't complete it. Given the date of the fire perhaps it was someoe performing a Yule ritual and a candle started it?
    Great reply; "thanks" button not enough.