673 users online (88 members and 585 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

MI - Detroit, Female Body, in field off Hawthorne Street, Dec'15

Dead woman found in field, partially eaten by animals

Candice Williams and Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 5:44 p.m. EST December 23, 2015

The body of a woman was found Wednesday on Detroit’s east side, partially eaten by animals, police said.

The woman was found around 3 p.m. in a field behind a house on the 20000 block of Hawthorne, Detroit police Sgt. Cassandra Lewis said.

“It appears she may have been there for a while,” she said. “Animals may have chewed on her a little bit.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...mals/77851826/

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Any thoughts on who this might be? There have been several missing women in Detroit area during the past year. Some have been found/identified; at least one I can think of has not been located yet.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

^ That was my thought, too. JM has been missing for more than a year (4 December 14). Jasmine was visiting a "friend" on Detroit's lower east side.

ETA: Distance between friend's home and location where body was found is approximately 10 miles.
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 12-24-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Woman Found Partially Devoured By Animals In Northeast Detroit

December 24, 2015 8:28 AM

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – Detroit police are investigating the death of a still-unidentified woman whose body may have been partially devoured by animals.

The woman’s body was discovered by a passerby Wednesday afternoon in a field near a vacant house on Hawthorne, in a neighborhood on the city’s northeast side. Reports indicate the body was partially clothed and the woman’s left arm appeared to have been gnawed on...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/12/...heast-detroit/

https://goo.gl/maps/9sfgznw3AVM2

Approximate location where the body was found. Looks like an abandoned neighbourhood.

Someone had to know the body wouldn't be found for some time, or dumb luck.

Good guess re: Jasmine Moody.
    Also, I wish they wouldn't use terms such as, "animals may have chewed on her a bit", "devoured by animals", and "arm appeared to have been gnawed on". Sheesh. There are more tasteful (NO PUN INTENDED) ways of reporting the animal activity.
    They heard me singing, and they told me to stop