UNSOLVED MI - Detroit, Female Body, in field off Hawthorne Street, Dec'15

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Dead woman found in field, partially eaten by animals

Candice Williams and Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 5:44 p.m. EST December 23, 2015

The body of a woman was found Wednesday on Detroit’s east side, partially eaten by animals, police said.

The woman was found around 3 p.m. in a field behind a house on the 20000 block of Hawthorne, Detroit police Sgt. Cassandra Lewis said.

“It appears she may have been there for a while,” she said. “Animals may have chewed on her a little bit.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne.../23/woman-found-field-eaten-animals/77851826/

Any thoughts on who this might be? There have been several missing women in Detroit area during the past year. Some have been found/identified; at least one I can think of has not been located yet.

^ That was my thought, too. JM has been missing for more than a year (4 December 14). Jasmine was visiting a "friend" on Detroit's lower east side.

ETA: Distance between friend's home and location where body was found is approximately 10 miles.

Woman Found Partially Devoured By Animals In Northeast Detroit

December 24, 2015 8:28 AM

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – Detroit police are investigating the death of a still-unidentified woman whose body may have been partially devoured by animals.

The woman’s body was discovered by a passerby Wednesday afternoon in a field near a vacant house on Hawthorne, in a neighborhood on the city’s northeast side. Reports indicate the body was partially clothed and the woman’s left arm appeared to have been gnawed on...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/12...lly-devoured-by-animals-in-northeast-detroit/

https://goo.gl/maps/9sfgznw3AVM2

Approximate location where the body was found. Looks like an abandoned neighbourhood.

Someone had to know the body wouldn't be found for some time, or dumb luck.

Good guess re: Jasmine Moody.
Also, I wish they wouldn't use terms such as, "animals may have chewed on her a bit", "devoured by animals", and "arm appeared to have been gnawed on". Sheesh. There are more tasteful (NO PUN INTENDED) ways of reporting the animal activity.

Was Jasmine ever submitted (could someone in the US with a NAMUS account please check ruleouts for Jasmine MP27040 as this UID doesn't seem to have a Namus to compare).

Was Jasmine ever submitted (could someone in the US with a NAMUS account please check ruleouts for Jasmine MP27040 as this UID doesn't seem to have a Namus to compare).
Jasmine's profile shows 4 exlcusions. This UID is not shown as she doesn't appear to have ever had a NamUs profile.

BBM
NamUs #MP27040
Jasmine Sherea Moody

4 exclusions:
UP52302 09/13/2018 Wayne MI
UP17767 04/10/2018 Wayne MI
UP15869 09/28/2016 Mohave AZ
UP13729 04/07/2015 Caddo OK

I can't seem to find a link to her NamUs profile. Do you happen to have her profile # handy?
I'm searching for it, I had to have had it last night because I was updating the Jane Does Map.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back