Found Deceased UK - Sally Allan, 59, Ponteland, Northumberland, 26 December 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Sally Allan
JS79335557.jpg

Loved ones of missing Darras Hall grandmother Sally Allan beg her to come home

"Loved ones of a missing grandmother have today begged her to come home.

Sally Allan vanished from her Darras Hall home during the early hours of Boxing Day .

The 59-year-old had just enjoyed Christmas surrounded by her close-knit family and had been in good spirits as she celebrated with her three children and grandson.

And Mrs Allan, who was last seen by her husband Gordon at around 3 am, gave no indication of where she was going or why she left.

The former teaching assistant’s son Clive said the whole family were beside themselves with worry.

And the 32-year-old has today begged his mum to come home.

He said: “Please come home, we love you and we need you. We are missing you and we want to see you as soon as possible and we are all here for you.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/loved-ones-missing-darras-hall-10653262

There is something odd about this report. If her husband saw her leave at 3am wearing an anorak over her pyjamas, why didn't he go after her?

Did he just go back to sleep, knowing she was walking around in the middle of the night wearing pyjamas? Why didn't he get into his car and go out after her? Something was obviously wrong.

Hoping for more information on where she might have been headed. Maybe she told him she was stepping out for some air, and he fell asleep?

Acording to the family posts on facebook she was seen in the newburn/lemington in the early hours and they are looking along the walking paths. Which in that area takes you along the river.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I shared this on Facebook yesterday as it's local to me. It's getting quite a bit of local attention and resulted in somebody contacting police to say she had spoken to her briefly in the Newburn area while walking her dogs. Think the poor lady is kicking herself now for not thinking something was amiss, but she wasn't to know at the time. At least it's given searchers an area to focus on. Very worrying that she was close to the river.

Odd hour to be up and out, and for husband to be up to see her leave...and not go after her. Is he possibly handicapped? Is she known to take middle of the night walks? Where would you be going at that hour if not a middle of night walker previously....I am very very worried about this woman....IMHO

It looks like she is a keen walker,
but that its out of character to go in the middle of the night and to be out of contact.

Its all a bit odd, it feels like theres some information missing.

Its a long walk from ponteland to newburn, especially in pyjamas and a fleece.

This reminds me of Susan McLean a bit. The way they're begging for her to come home implies-to me, JMO, an argument or something that caused her departure.

This reminds me of Susan McLean a bit. The way they're begging for her to come home implies-to me, JMO, an argument or something that caused her departure.

Yeah, I kind of had the same thought. Perhaps the husband thought she wouldn't get very far (e.g. just "round the block") and that she just wanted to cool off after an argument or something.

Yeah, I kind of had the same thought. Perhaps the husband thought she wouldn't get very far (e.g. just "round the block") and that she just wanted to cool off after an argument or something.

Or maybe she said she needed some fresh air, many of us have a couple of drinks too many on Christmas day, it's not cold this winter and she may just have wanted to clear her head. I think I read that the alarm was raised quite soon after she left the house which suggests that her husband didn't expect her to be out for very long. Maybe she's a smoker and said she was going to the garden for a cigarette and he was worried when she didn't come back quickly.

The reported sighting on Newburn bridge is very worrying, though there is always hope as if it was Sally, it was later on Boxing Day, at around 5.40pm rather than very soon after she went missing. It sounds like they are trying to find CCTV to back this sighting up though.

Hope this turns out okay. Still find it odd that she just walked out in the early hours of the morning like that.

Fingers crossed she comes home safe to her family.

The reported sighting on Newburn bridge is very worrying, though there is always hope as if it was Sally, it was later on Boxing Day, at around 5.40pm rather than very soon after she went missing. It sounds like they are trying to find CCTV to back this sighting up though.
That bridge is right next to the rowing club. I wonder if they have been out on the river. The weathers not ideal, but they seem to go out training in all sorts of weather.

Do we know if she has any conection to the newburn area? A lot of the sightings seem to be around there. I know the area well, theres a lot of places to get lost or hide.

This is so sad. I hope she's found safe. She has many people that care about her.
I guess maybe she needed fresh air however it doesn't sound "right" to leave wearing pj's unless she was going for a quick smoke or was upset and walked out.

Sally Allan
JS79335557.jpg

Loved ones of missing Darras Hall grandmother Sally Allan beg her to come home

"Loved ones of a missing grandmother have today begged her to come home.

Sally Allan vanished from her Darras Hall home during the early hours of Boxing Day .

The 59-year-old had just enjoyed Christmas surrounded by her close-knit family and had been in good spirits as she celebrated with her three children and grandson.

And Mrs Allan, who was last seen by her husband Gordon at around 3 am, gave no indication of where she was going or why she left.

The former teaching assistant’s son Clive said the whole family were beside themselves with worry.

And the 32-year-old has today begged his mum to come home.

He said: “Please come home, we love you and we need you. We are missing you and we want to see you as soon as possible and we are all here for you.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/loved-ones-missing-darras-hall-10653262

If it wasn't for the witness apparently seeing her later on, I admit, I'd be asking if she really had walked out like that. I'm assuming there is possibly a bit more to this story than we are being told - such as a disagreement - as it doesn't really make much sense. I mean, who just lets someone walk out into the night in pyjamas if absolutely nothing had been wrong beforehand?

Surely you'd phone a son or daughter if you couldn't go after her yourself, especially with all the bad weather warnings being issued around that time? Even if there hadn't been an argument, someone just walking out like that, at 3.00am, would worry me - in fact, it would worry me more if there hadn't been an argument, as it seems a very strange thing to do at that time of night.

If there wasn't a row, then why not get dressed if you have gone to the effort of putting on a fleece and a coat (and presumably shoes) before going for a walk? It does seem that something is missing from this account. MOO

That bridge is right next to the rowing club. I wonder if they have been out on the river. The weathers not ideal, but they seem to go out training in all sorts of weather.

Do we know if she has any conection to the newburn area? A lot of the sightings seem to be around there. I know the area well, theres a lot of places to get lost or hide.

I saw a post on the FB group that said the rowing club had been informed.

TBH I can't see any good outcome to this, a person dressed in nightwear isn't going to be able to blend in anywhere and afaik she didn't have any money or a phone so no way to survive for 3 days. The poor family must be fearing the worst

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back