1239 users online (245 members and 994 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Canada - Si Belkacem Silakhal, 52, Montréal, QC, 21 Dec 2015

Si Belkacem Silakhal

Montréal police looking for taxi driver missing since Dec. 21

"Police are asking the public to help them locate Si Belkacem Silakhal, 52, who has been missing since Dec. 21.

A family member last heard from Silakhal, a taxi driver, on Dec. 21 around 5:30 p.m.

He was working at the time, driving a black 2012 Dodge Caravan with the licence plate T11-310F. His taxi roof light is McGill1482.

Originally from Algeria, Silakhal is 5'7, weighs 187 lbs and has brown eyes and greying brown hair."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...c-21-1.3381760
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Do Taxis in Montreal have the emergency light like they do in Toronto?

I guess I could google that myself...

"Police search Lachine Canal near where missing taxi driver's cab found"

"His wife, Florida, said he went to work on Dec. 21 after taking a few days off due to fatigue."
    "He didn't love his work, he found it dangerous, but he did it for his family," (Si Lakhal's 18-year-old daughter, Thanina) said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...2015-1.3381930

This time of the year can be so difficult for so many ... IMHO only ... .

Another article states, "(a)fter searching Silakhal’s vacant cab, investigators ordered officers to comb the shores of the Lachine Canal near the area he went missing," which makes me wonder that perhaps they found something in his vehicle (e.g., a note), prompting the search ....

I hate the feeling of knowing bad news is coming. Please let my gut be wrong.

His daughter speaks ( in French ) in this video, hoping that her dad makes it back home soon.

Belkacem Si Lakhal
    Community page
    https://www.facebook.com/Belkacem-Si...270351025550/#

Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward