NC - Mother charged after infant found dead on Christmas Eve

pappa rob

Reaction score
Tillman,%20Stephanie%20Amber.jpg
A Dallas, N.C., woman was charged with neglect and child abuse after her infant son was found dead in a filthy home on Christmas Eve while she was apparently high on prescription drugs.

Stephanie Amber Tillman, 30, is charged with three counts of neglect and three counts of child abuse in connection with the baby’s death. Investigators plan to confer with the Lincoln County District Attorney’s Office to determine if Tillman will face other charges.
Investigators said the home was “filthy from human and animal waste and garbage,” according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article51825545.html#storylink=cpy

View attachment 86217
A Dallas, N.C., woman was charged with neglect and child abuse after her infant son was found dead in a filthy home on Christmas Eve while she was apparently high on prescription drugs.

Stephanie Amber Tillman, 30, is charged with three counts of neglect and three counts of child abuse in connection with the baby’s death. Investigators plan to confer with the Lincoln County District Attorney’s Office to determine if Tillman will face other charges.
Investigators said the home was “filthy from human and animal waste and garbage,” according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article51825545.html#storylink=cpy

Oh My Lord. She looks like The Walking Dead. WTH?

Another innocent lost. More heartbreak. Lock her up and so happy that her other 2 children were taken. Hope the harm and neglect can be mitigated, but I can't imagine what and how they've survived.

Oh.My.God!

Assault? Who assaulted her, meth? I want to know what she is prescribed.

Those poor children. Godspeed baby :angel:

She looks near death herself! Sad story. Feel like she shouldn't have had any children and she should have been in hospital or care herself by the looks of her.

Deputies and Lincoln County EMS were dispatched to 1747 Temple Lane in Dallas Friday at 11:45 p.m. after the father of the child, Jerry Allen, called 911 saying he came home from work to find his son unresponsive, naked and alone on the living room sofa.
Allen also told investigators that he located his wife, Stephanie Amber Tillman, 30, in bed in a back bedroom of the home with their other two children, ages 3 and 4 in the room. The other children were awake and naked when found.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/lincoln-county-authorities-investigate-death-infan/npr7F/

That's a face of meth if I have ever seen one. Baby probably suffocated.

So bond was reduced b/c her charges were misdemeanors? Her baby is dead and naked in one room and two other children are naked with her in her room while she has OD'd and these are misdemeanor charges? I don't even come close to understanding this. Even if someone beat the living s**t out of her, and she was trying to commit suicide, couldn't she have gotten someone to take her kids first? I can't give this crazy woman a pass. I just don't get this at all. I am really getting angry. Someone help me understand......

Here's a little more. Was the husband even living with her? Why didn't he know she had been assaulted?

"I panicked. I went back there to wake her up. I rolled her over and I seen her face was covered in blood. It scared me, I screamed," said Allen in an interview with WBTV.

Allen told WBTV he hadn't touched his wife and showed his bare hands to reveal that there were no scrapes or bruises on them. He said his wife has been battling problems with prescription medication.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/30836645...-home-where-baby-was-found-dead#ixzz3ve6hzUhv

Tillman was charged with three misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency and neglect by parents, and three misdemeanor counts of child abuse. Allen said he and Tillman had been dating for six years, but he now considers the relationship 'over'.

"I don't want to ever see her again, ever speak to her again," explained Allen.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/30836645...-home-where-baby-was-found-dead#ixzz3veD6ovn2

Guess they were "dating" and married. Prescription drug abuse can be horrible, I've seen it.

She does look a lot different from her facebook, she's way thinner. Hints of meth addiction possibly too.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005462535989

Her injuries are two days old??? Where was the husband for the past 2 days? If he was there he would have known she was assaulted. Showing his hands without scratches doesn't mean squat. He could have used an object to beat her, and probably did.

From the looks of her, she didn't have much longer to live. It's sad that she didn't die before she killed her poor baby.

We need to start treating drug addiction as a medical mental health issue so these things can actually be prevented.

Her injuries are two days old??? Where was the husband for the past 2 days? If he was there he would have known she was assaulted. Showing his hands without scratches doesn't mean squat. He could have used an object to beat her, and probably did.

She doesn't look like she was beat, except maybe for the split lip. The scrapes all over her face are most likely self inflicted, meth users do to themselves. She's sick you can tell just by looking at her.

Why is the dad getting a free pass? He knew what condition the house was in, knew what condition his wife was in, yet he did nothing? He left his children in her care anyway? He should, at the very least be charged with neglect.

We need to start treating drug addiction as a medical mental health issue so these things can actually be prevented.

Do you really think that people like that would be purchasing health coverage for that? how is it advantageous financially to treat addiction for mental health issues?

Do you really think that people like that would be purchasing health coverage for that? how is it advantageous financially to treat addiction for mental health issues?

Obviously she wouldn't purchase it. My comment has a much broader solution/implication.

Addiction IS a mental health issue. It should be treated as such instead of treated criminally. JMO.

Obviously she wouldn't purchase it. My comment has a much broader solution/implication.

Addiction IS a mental health issue. It should be treated as such instead of treated criminally. JMO.

I think we are slowly getting there, as far as being more open to discuss addiction within k-12 curriculum as part of health education; also by -don't laugh- having more and more TV characters in recovery (long gone are the days where only Detective Briscoe from Law & Order was an alcoholic), and discussing recovery openly at work and in social circles. However, once you commit a crime while under the influence, you should be treated as a criminal. You cannot use addiction/alcoholism as an excuse/cop out for murder. It helps no one.

So yes, let's work on prevention. Let's talk about it. But let's not allow us to treat it as a get out of jail free card. I am not saying that is what you implied, to be clear :)

I did read that they charged her with those charges for now and more charges may be forthcoming.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prod3149
Back