1113 users online (233 members and 880 guests)  

Websleuths News

Germany: man dies on Christmas from condom machine

Man dies from injuries received from blowing up a condom machine (apparently Germany has these randomly about in the countryside based on the picture??) in attempted robbery.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...condom-machine

I have so many unanswered questions after reading that story! Hopefully someone who's been to Germany can help.

1) Why are their coin-operated condom machines outdoors? Is this normal there?
    2) Would an outdoor coin-operated condom machine really do enough business to make it a good target for robbery?
    3) Do German people have more sex than us, thereby producing a demand for outdoor coin-operated condom machines? Or are other forms of birth control less accessible there?
    MOO

I briefly misunderstood " blowing up condom".
    I'm not sure explosives and shrapnel would be my first strategy to get condoms.

Interesting! I did a search for outdoor condom machine in Germany and the search came up with pictures of condom machines all over Europe. There was one in front of a child's clothing store, one on what looked like the entry to a subway, one outside the restrooms at a car park, and one outside a park in Paris. Lots of condom vending machines all over the place.

Those dudes must have used just a tad bit more explosives then were necessary to blow up a roadside condom machine. And then they left all the condoms and money there in their hasty get away.........
    "Sarcasm"... my super-power!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    I have so many unanswered questions after reading that story! Hopefully someone who's been to Germany can help.

1) Why are their coin-operated condom machines outdoors? Is this normal there?
    2) Would an outdoor coin-operated condom machine really do enough business to make it a good target for robbery?
    3) Do German people have more sex than us, thereby producing a demand for outdoor coin-operated condom machines? Or are other forms of birth control less accessible there?
    1) Yes.
    2) I didn't pay enough attention, but probably as much as a phone booth at least.
    3) When I lived there all forms of birth control was easy to get, and most of the machines I saw were near hotels and bars or other areas where one might be unprepared and in need of protection.