Germany: man dies on Christmas from condom machine

Hoosgirl

Reaction score
Man dies from injuries received from blowing up a condom machine (apparently Germany has these randomly about in the countryside based on the picture??) in attempted robbery.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/28/man-dies-in-germany-after-blowing-up-condom-machine

f8eb72ee538d808ef4afd7847685cdd4.jpg

I have so many unanswered questions after reading that story! Hopefully someone who's been to Germany can help.

1) Why are their coin-operated condom machines outdoors? Is this normal there?
2) Would an outdoor coin-operated condom machine really do enough business to make it a good target for robbery?
3) Do German people have more sex than us, thereby producing a demand for outdoor coin-operated condom machines? Or are other forms of birth control less accessible there?

I briefly misunderstood " blowing up condom".
I'm not sure explosives and shrapnel would be my first strategy to get condoms.

Interesting! I did a search for outdoor condom machine in Germany and the search came up with pictures of condom machines all over Europe. There was one in front of a child's clothing store, one on what looked like the entry to a subway, one outside the restrooms at a car park, and one outside a park in Paris. Lots of condom vending machines all over the place.

Those dudes must have used just a tad bit more explosives then were necessary to blow up a roadside condom machine. And then they left all the condoms and money there in their hasty get away.........

I have so many unanswered questions after reading that story! Hopefully someone who's been to Germany can help.

1) Why are their coin-operated condom machines outdoors? Is this normal there?
2) Would an outdoor coin-operated condom machine really do enough business to make it a good target for robbery?
3) Do German people have more sex than us, thereby producing a demand for outdoor coin-operated condom machines? Or are other forms of birth control less accessible there?

1) Yes.
2) I didn't pay enough attention, but probably as much as a phone booth at least.
3) When I lived there all forms of birth control was easy to get, and most of the machines I saw were near hotels and bars or other areas where one might be unprepared and in need of protection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back