774 users online (124 members and 650 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

US - 27 shot & killed on Christmas Day

Washington Post:

27 Americans were shot and killed on Christmas day

In a grim reminder that violence in America never takes a holiday, 27 people were killed and 63 injured in shooting incidents on Christmas Day this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. This tally does not include people who shot themselves in suicide.

The number of Americans killed in gun homicides on Christmas Day is comparable to the number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in places like Australia or Britain. The 27 people killed by guns in America on Christmas this year is equal to the total number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined.
    ---
    the rest of the story, with links, at link above

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Washington Post:

The story should read..... murderous/violent CRIMES committed on Christmas day.
    Focus on the wrong thing and continue to get the same results........
    Ignorance deceptively wins the argument with knowledge.....you see, knowledge is limited at any given point in time, ignorance is not.

The dead included the parents of a young child who were shot during a robbery in Columbus, Ohio; a Texas grandfather, whose 73-year-old wife says she shot him for “continuous marital issues and infidelities;” a young couple killed in their vehicle in the early morning hours near Augusta, Maine; and the owner of a barbershop in Alabama who was known as "a strong voice against crime" in the community, according to local news reports.

Notice that these killings were committed by local gang bangers and armed robbers. The same exact people that LEOs are trying to eradicate. And yet thousands of people are marching in protest against the cops and calling them a 'threat' to their people. Has anyone protested against the gang banging killers?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    The dead included the parents of a young child who were shot during a robbery in Columbus, Ohio; a Texas grandfather, whose 73-year-old wife says she shot him for “continuous marital issues and infidelities;” a young couple killed in their vehicle in the early morning hours near Augusta, Maine; and the owner of a barbershop in Alabama who was known as "a strong voice against crime" in the community, according to local news reports.

Notice that these killings were committed by local gang bangers and armed robbers. The same exact people that LEOs are trying to eradicate. And yet thousands of people are marching in protest against the cops and calling them a 'threat' to their people. Has anyone protested against the gang banging killers?
    That action doesn't meet the agenda.

There are enough laws to literally stop these acts when coupled with a positive change in morality.

I have watched this carnage increase over the years as moral decay have permeated American Society, the individual families, their schools, their media, their Justice system, their government and their churches.

When you attack morality on every front as does the current state of affairs you get exactly this.

Laws in society will never affect the immoral in absolute manner without teaching morality, it only restricts the freedoms of moral law abiding citizens as members of society.
    Ignorance deceptively wins the argument with knowledge.....you see, knowledge is limited at any given point in time, ignorance is not.

Washington Post:

From the link:

The number of Americans killed in gun homicides on Christmas Day is comparable to the number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in places like Australia or Britain. The 27 people killed by guns in America on Christmas this year is equal to the total number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined.
    No surprises there.

Merry Christmas.

COLTON, Ore. (KOIN) — A 2-year-old girl was hospitalized after her 24-year-old uncle accidentally shot her while cleaning a gun on Christmas morning.
    http://koin.com/2015/12/25/colton-to...-cleaning-gun/

Washington Post:

I find this article very deceiving but it was probably written to be. As far as Britain. Britain banned firearms but still have murders per year and severe injuries due to knife attacks. I wonder why they didn't mention how many are murdered by other methods in Britain per year? Is it higher than by firearm? The last article I read about Britain said they have over 20K serious knife attacks a year and its continuing to rise since the ban was implemented.

Since they also listed Britain and Australia in the homicide firearm category, I guess they have the same problem that we face concerning those who do not abide by any laws including their gun laws plus Australia only has around 2M citizens doesn't it... compared to our 320M?

What is the population Australia, Britain, Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined?

Combined is it over 320 million people?

We lose an average of 80 people a day due to vehicle accidents.

Fatal Car Crash Statistics Data
    Average number of people killed on US roads each day 80
    Average number of non-fatal car crashes each year 5,400,000 * Many who live sustained life altering injuries for the rest of their lives.
    Fatal Car Crashes by Year Fatal Crashes
    2014 30,057

With so many criminals having illegal weapons and with the serious gang problems these big inner cities have on a daily basis, I would have thought it would be even higher than 27.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    From the link:

No surprises there.
    I agree, cherry picked to attempt to prevent independent thought.
    No matter that a few years ago(when it came to my attention and pre ISIS) Glasgow was the murder capital of the word including Beirut, A Stan, Iraq, etc.......but with knives.

I bet if you weren't in LE you didn't see that in the "media." Just as dead as anywhere else but MOD was homicide with a knife.

I happen to see a brief paper about fentanyl deaths in Canada as it was, and there were 300 deaths from fentanyl just last year in BC alone per the BC Coroners Commission, I believe.

Drug deaths aren't a popular topic however. You'd think all lives matter but some deaths just won't fit in the agenda.

And yet, it will never stop until we are all just firing away at each other.

"Idiocracy", here we come. (Silly movie, but oddly portentious I fear)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I find this article very deceiving but it was probably written to be. As far as Britain. Britain banned firearms but still have murders per year and severe injuries due to knife attacks. I wonder why they didn't mention how many are murdered by other methods in Britain per year? Is it higher than by firearm? The last article I read about Britain said they have over 20K serious knife attacks a year and its continuing to rise since the ban was implemented.

Since they also listed Britain and Australia in the homicide firearm category, I guess they have the same problem that we face concerning those who do not abide by any laws including their gun laws plus Australia only has around 2M citizens doesn't it... compared to our 320M?

What is the population Australia, Britain, Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined?

Combined is it over 320 million people?

Average number of non-fatal car crashes each year 5,400,000 * Many who live sustained life altering injuries for the rest of their lives.
    2014 30,057

With so many criminals having illegal weapons and with the serious gang problems these big inner cities have on a daily basis, I would have thought it would be even higher than 27.

IMO

the population of australia is 23.13 million people not "around 2m"
    the possibility of murder and violence is present wherever human beings are but the figures of deaths due to guns are alarming because they cover people being shot for doing their job (waitress shot for telling "customer" not to smoke in a non smoker king area), accidental shootings causing death or injury and the list goes on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pukasonqo2 View Post
    the population of australia is 23.13 million people not "around 2m"
    the possibility of murder and violence is present wherever human beings are but the figures of deaths due to guns are alarming because they cover people being shot for doing their job (waitress shot for telling "customer" not to smoke in a non smoker king area), accidental shootings causing death or injury and the list goes on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And how many of those accidents are children shooting themselves or others? The Toddler Shootings graph is even more disturbing than the Christmas Day Shootings graph.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

2014 30,057
    Traffic fatalities have nothing to do with how many people were shot and killed on Christmas day.

Traffic fatalities have nothing to do with how many people were shot and killed on Christmas day.
    Indeed. Unusually high incidences of traffic fatalities suggest that action should be taken to reduce them -- speed limits, signage, DUI initiatives, seat-belt laws, road regrading, etc.

Unusually high incidences of gun violence suggest that -- what, exactly? What's it gonna take?

best,

s

Quote Originally Posted by scapa View Post
    Indeed. Unusually high incidences of traffic fatalities suggest that action should be taken to reduce them -- speed limits, signage, DUI initiatives, seat-belt laws, road regrading, etc.

Unusually high incidences of gun violence suggest that -- what, exactly? What's it gonna take?

best,

s
    Brief o/t: I believe the steps you mentioned to make cars and roads safer play a large part in why there are more gun deaths than traffic deaths in many US states.

We need to put the same effort into decreasing gun deaths if we want to see the same results IMO.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast