CA CA - Jeremy Howard, 19, La Jolla Cove, 24 Dec 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jeremy Taylor Howard
9545847_G.jpg

Search for Missing Teen Last Seen Near La Jolla Cove on Christmas Eve

"The family of a missing teen who vanished on Christmas Eve near La Jolla Cove is pleading for his safe return.

Jeremy Taylor Howard, 19, went missing the morning of Christmas Eve. Howard was with his sister's husband at the cove that day when his brother-in-law turned away from a few minutes.

Since that day, police have been searching for the teen. His sister, Sadie Oliver, said Jeremy was visiting San Diego for three months, but was set to fly back to his hometown of Seattle on Christmas Eve.

Oliver said her husband and Jeremy were here that day at the Cove watching waves and seals. Her husband walked away for ten minutes, and when he came back, Howard was gone. Oliver said her brother depends on his family and they were not fighting; he would not have taken off."

https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.howard.142035

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...om-La-Jolla-Cove-363745541.html#ixzz3vnap7sXZ
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Any updates?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

La Jolla Cove is known for the many seals the "hang out" there...In another article I read he was wanting a photo close up of himself with a live seal...It is shallow so I do not imagine he drowned unnoticed...However...why were they there at 5/6am ??? On Christmas Eve??? I also read his birthday is January 12th (tomorrow)...perhaps he wanted to stay in CA and purposely missed his flight back to WA

It's quite baffling, I'd say. I can imagine easily that a preschooler can vanish in just few minutes, as the kids are very fast, small so they can be lost out of the sight pretty easily. But a dude over six feet tall? At the empty beach in the early morning? I don't think that before 6 AM there are wild crowds in which a person can just dissapear. So either Jeremy somehow ended up inthe sea and went immediately under water (because I don't think at that hour there were so many people swimming near the cove, so the BIL would spot Jeremy in the water easily), or the BIL is not telling the whole truth.

Maybe they were there so early because he was due to fly home later that day

Was it still dark at the time? If it was I can believe BIL couldn't find him.

Unless these are older pictures, Jeremy does not look 19 years old. Based on the picture on the right in the first post in this string he looks 14 or 15 to me. I hope is found safe.

I also thought he looks much younger.

I wonder if they were intoxicated? Had they partied through the night? If they had been drinking I would definitely search the water.

Otherwise, if it was dark, in 10 minutes he could have run quite far and be lost in the shadows, if he wanted to be alone, for whatever reason.

Just checked, right now the sun rises at about 7 am in California. So it was definitely still dark when he disappeared.

I do wonder, just because I read some fb posts, when was the last time he was seen by someone else besides BIL n sister? Just wondering.
Without shoes, in a city he doesn't live in, where could he go? I can see him getting lost. However he should have been found by now.
Where are you Jeremy?

I do wonder, just because I read some fb posts, when was the last time he was seen by someone else besides BIL n sister? Just wondering.
Without shoes, in a city he doesn't live in, where could he go? I can see him getting lost. However he should have been found by now.
Where are you Jeremy?
I am also interested in knowing who saw him last BEFORE the BIL

Bumping for this kid...La Jolla Cove has had problems in the past w people harrassing the seals and such...cannot imagine there isnt any cameras around...VERY VERY affluent area. Low crime, high rent, etc...

Do teens go the the beach at 5:30 am without their phone to watch seals while it's still pitch black outside? Things aren't adding up. Why did the BIL leave for 10 minutes? To go where and do what?

I know it's just rumor and/or speculation, but on his Facebook page there's talk of someone else having his phone and logging in to FB with it. Others are insinuating Jeremy had his phone at some point during the night before. Neither of those two things seems odd.

But, if you do a little social media sleuthing, family members seem to be questioning if he was at the cove at all, and that perhaps Jeremy was at a gas station in the wee hours of the morning with his BIL. Hopefully, they have cctv to trace their steps. I hope LE are investigating this angle.

Do teens go the the beach at 5:30 am without their phone to watch seals while it's still pitch black outside? Things aren't adding up. Why did the BIL leave for 10 minutes? To go where and do what?

Good question. What kept the BIL so busy on an empty, dark beach?

But, if you do a little social media sleuthing, family members seem to be questioning if he was at the cove at all, and that perhaps Jeremy was at a gas station in the wee hours of the morning with his BIL. Hopefully, they have cctv to trace their steps. I hope LE are investigating this angle.

Why then the BIL claims they were at the cove, hmm?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back