999 users online (191 members and 808 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Michael Griffith, 48, Gastonia, 27 Dec 2015

Michael Griffith, 48, who lives on South York Street in Gastonia, wife reported him missing on Sunday. He left home that morning and never returned. He has a medical condition which escalates the need to find him. Griffith is 5'11 and about 250 pounds, with blue eyes and brown hair. He wears glasses and is likely wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Griffith drives a red 2006 Jeep with a NC tag.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/l...66390161-story

Wow this is just a block away from me. I haven't seen anything in the papers or news stations till this from channel 9. I will definitely be out looking today.

The weather has Been awful, flooding everywhere too.

At least where we live there's no big bodies of water. But since he was last seen Sun he could definitely be anywhere. I wish we knew where he was headed. I called GPD but no plans for a search at this time. I wonder if they know he had a planned destination. Fortunately no flooding here.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local...-man/78082164/
    Red Jeep Wrangler tag # DFP4336. Hopefully he just needed a little break from the holidays.

His family believes he had left his home to go to the store for cigarettes sometime between midnight and 10 a.m. but never returned home. His wife noticed him missing that morning at 10 and filed a missing person’s report around 11:30 p.m. He is believed to be in a 2006 red Jeep Wrangler with a license plate of DFT4336. Griffith is 5-feet 11-inches tall and weighs around 250 pounds. Griffith has medical issues that make his disappearance more concerning.

Rhonda Griffith, Mike Griffith’s sister, said the disappearance is out of character for her brother. He left without his phone or a change of clothes.
    The family has searched roads and ditches near his home, but haven’t found his Jeep. Police are also attempting to track his credit card statements, but say there has been no activity on his debit card.

http://www.gastongazette.com/article...NEWS/160109772

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    His family believes he had left his home to go to the store for cigarettes sometime between midnight and 10 a.m. but never returned home. His wife noticed him missing that morning at 10 and filed a missing person’s report around 11:30 p.m. He is believed to be in a 2006 red Jeep Wrangler with a license plate of DFT4336. Griffith is 5-feet 11-inches tall and weighs around 250 pounds. Griffith has medical issues that make his disappearance more concerning.

Rhonda Griffith, Mike Griffith’s sister, said the disappearance is out of character for her brother. He left without his phone or a change of clothes.
    The family has searched roads and ditches near his home, but haven’t found his Jeep. Police are also attempting to track his credit card statements, but say there has been no activity on his debit card.

http://www.gastongazette.com/article...NEWS/160109772
    The only convenience store I know that would be open at midnight (if that's when he left) is maybe 4-5 miles down the road going south or maybe another bigger one about the same distance going north. The newer one going north probably has cameras but I'm not sure about the one going south. I haven't seen any missing posters anywhere, should I try to call his family and offer to help with that?

bumping for Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgrits View Post
    The only convenience store I know that would be open at midnight (if that's when he left) is maybe 4-5 miles down the road going south or maybe another bigger one about the same distance going north. The newer one going north probably has cameras but I'm not sure about the one going south. I haven't seen any missing posters anywhere, should I try to call his family and offer to help with that?
    Sweetgrits, the Missing Mike Griffith website https://www.facebook.com/FindMike2016/?pnref=story
    asks that you private message with your email address if you wish to get a download of the poster to print. However, she also says she is overwhelmed and can't answer emails. You might be able to go to the Staples and get a copy from them (I don't know which Staples), as they have been printing them for her, it sounds like. It also sounds like they would appreciate the help. Have you been to that website? There are maps of areas that need to be searched, but it sounds like you know where to go! Please, just to appease me, can you go to the nearest lakes/ponds and check the parking lots? I can see at least two on the map of the area. Thanks!

This one is a stumper. They've released video of him leaving the apartment and we can see he's alone and doesn't seem under duress. So there was no kidnapping or carjacking. He left of his own will. They are stating no foul play. But his car has not been located yet. I'm really wondering what happened, but off an embankment is first and into water is second, in my mind.

I still remember the young wife and mother from Lenoir found off the roadway days after she went missing. I hope we can find Mike, too.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Search continues for Gastonia man missing 2 weeks
    January 6, 2016

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local...eeks/78394708/

Quote Originally Posted by FL Wannabe View Post
    This one is a stumper. They've released video of him leaving the apartment and we can see he's alone and doesn't seem under duress. So there was no kidnapping or carjacking. He left of his own will. They are stating no foul play. But his car has not been located yet. I'm really wondering what happened, but off an embankment is first and into water is second, in my mind.

I still remember the young wife and mother from Lenoir found off the roadway days after she went missing. I hope we can find Mike, too.

I thought of the man who was found in A lake in Lenoir this summer after being missing for 43 years. Mike left in shorts with sandals, when it was warmer with a lot of rain. its been so cold lately.

Quote Originally Posted by FL Wannabe View Post

I'm leaning towards an accident also. I live one block from these apartments and we're all in a great historical location. The apartments where Michael lives were once the local high school and they are upscale. And since the parking lot is also fenced in I'm sure he was alone when he drove away. If he was going for cigarettes there are a few stores close by where he could go that were near his home but all of them are in a normally safe neighborhood.

But if it is an accident and he is off the road where he can't be seen, I can't imagine where that would be. If there is a place he would have to pass by all the stores where he could buy smokes to get in a more Incorporated area. And there are no large bodies of water within miles of this area. I hope he hasn't harmed himself and of course there is no indication that happened but when they announced that Mr. Griffith left his cellphone at home my first thought was maybe wherever he was going he didn't want to be disturbed.

I haven't seen any missing posters anywhere and I did send a message to his stepson on the GPD FB page to offer to help distribute some posters but so far I haven't heard anything. I just really hope he comes home soon and safe

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMtnGirl View Post
    Sweetgrits, the Missing Mike Griffith website https://www.facebook.com/FindMike2016/?pnref=story
    asks that you private message with your email address if you wish to get a download of the poster to print. However, she also says she is overwhelmed and can't answer emails. You might be able to go to the Staples and get a copy from them (I don't know which Staples), as they have been printing them for her, it sounds like. It also sounds like they would appreciate the help. Have you been to that website? There are maps of areas that need to be searched, but it sounds like you know where to go! Please, just to appease me, can you go to the nearest lakes/ponds and check the parking lots? I can see at least two on the map of the area. Thanks!

BBM
    Great minds think alike, I have gone to all the areas I know and have also been driving through parking lots at all of the apartments around town in case it had been abandoned.

Thank you for the link to FB. I'll check and pick up some flyers and start putting them up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast