Found Deceased CA - Ivan Nunez, 16, Santa Maria, 26 Dec 2015

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Ivan Nunez, 16, left home at about 12:45 p.m. Saturday and has not been seen or heard from since. His family says this is out of character for him.

Nunez is described as Hispanic, 5'8'' tall weighing 150 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue hoodie and jeans and black shoes.

9551269_G.jpg

http://www.ksby.com/story/30853917/teen-reported-missing-in-santa-maria

This is local for me. I don't have anything to add to what's already been shared. I'm wondering if anyone has any info as to where he lives in relationship to where the phone was tracked.

I hope he didn't set off to harm himself. 16 is a key time for that to happen…:candle:

I hope he didn't set off to harm himself. 16 is a key time for that to happen…:candle:

Agreed. But the Black Road location, in addition to some other local factors has me leaning toward gang violence.

I hope I do this right: link to video of family interviews;

[video=youtube;2BcsIjaax1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BcsIjaax1k&sns=em[/video]

Sent from my iPhone

As per the link posted there was a knock on the door, he answered it and was gone.
I hope it's just boys being silly and it's some sort of prank. I doubt it, but you never know😕

As per the link posted there was a knock on the door, he answered it and was gone.
I hope it's just boys being silly and it's some sort of prank. I doubt it, but you never know😕

That would certainly be a preferred scenario, but I find it unlikely as well.

I found his fb but I'm on mobile and dk how to link it.

Is the URL visible under the "about" section cvaldez? I have the same issue on my work phone. So if I can read it I'll jot it down so I can post it here. Just a thought. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search continues for missing Santa Maria teen
Posted: Jan 04, 2016 7:33 PM CST
Updated: Jan 04, 2016 8:42 PM CST
http://www.ksby.com/story/30883085/search-continues-for-missing-santa-maria-teen

"The only thing I want to know, is where he is," Ivan's mother Gabriela Ordonez said, speaking to KSBY reporter Charlie Misra in Spanish on Monday. "I just want someone to give us any sort of a lead as to where he is. I'm not going to hurt the people that have him or know information. I just want to know where he is."

Ordonez described the night Ivan went missing as a playful gathering. She said her son had birthday cake on his face and that was the last time she remembered seeing him.

"Ivan was dancing," Ordonez said. "I remember he was dancing. And next thing I knew, he disappeared. We went outside and looked for him out in the street, between cars, around the house, and we didn't find anything."

A Month Later, Santa Maria Teen’s Whereabouts Still A Mystery

The boy has no history of running away, Culver said, adding that police have not found that the boy was connected to gangs or drugs.

“As of right now, we have no evidence any criminal activity has taken place either,” Culver said Monday.

(Detective David Culver from the Santa Maria Police Department)

The boy recently had received a cell phone as a present and apparently took it with him when he left.

Details on his cell phone are included in the article linked above.

Praying that Ivan is found soon , I feel so sad for his mother and family. MOO... I do not know why I keep thinking that it is about gangs , just a bad feeling about this

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying that Ivan is found soon , I feel so sad for his mother and family. MOO... I do not know why I keep thinking that it is about gangs , just a bad feeling about this

Hi Hopi!

I share your bad feeling. Santa Maria has been plagued by gang violence recently, and increasingly so. Noozhawk has the stories, and they are troubling. I hope the city gets a grip on this before it spreads further in Santa Maria as well as to other areas of the county. The city near me (Santa Barbara) has dealt better with gangs since they appeared decades ago when my youngest brother was assaulted by a bunch of them on State Street. This is not to say that Santa Barbara has fared all that well over the years, but it seems to have the situation under better control now.

Ivan's case is different in the sense that there is no apparent trace of him. These Santa Maria gangsters are not all that 'sophisticated', instead leaving their victims out in the open for all to find (probably part of their MO). That said, he could have been spirited away and dispensed with elsewhere, for some loser's street cred.

My thoughts too are with his family.

~jmo~

ETA for reference:

Teen Dead, 2 Suspects in Custody After Stabbing In Santa Maria

2 Men Shot to Death in Santa Maria as Carnage Continues

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads