1009 users online (242 members and 767 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Nicholas Acosta, 19, FAU student, murdered, Boca Raton, 29 Dec 2015

Nicholas M. Acosta

Police ID student shot near Florida Atlantic University
    A student died Tuesday after being shot inside student housing near Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton police said.

Police have identified the victim as 19-year-old Nicholas M. Acosta, of Boynton Beach.

According to Police Chief Dan Alexander, a gunman entered the University Park Apartments around 7:20 p.m. and shot Acosta in the torso, Alexander said. He was taken to Delray Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Police said they are looking for at least five suspects.

Witnesses described the scene as frightening.

"A lot of cops," said Nicole Duncan, who was visiting a friend's apartment. "They were circling around telling everybody to go inside the house. Pretty much, there was a shooting on the fourth floor and we were on the second floor."
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Investigators say Donovan Henry, 19, was one of the five people who barged into Nicholas Acosta's apartment right before the shooting.

Henry is charged with murder.

The other four suspects, including the shooter, are still on the run.

According to an arrest report, Acosta was texting Henry to purchase marijuana from him on Dec. 29... Acosta told Henry the apartment he was in and the access code to the gate...

After the two men entered her apartment, three other men forced their way into the apartment...

They ordered Acosta and his girlfriend to the floor, and when Acosta asked them what was happening, the masked man shot Acosta twice, the girlfriend told police.

Ontario, Canada
    I'm surprised they let the girlfriend leave. She must be horrified. Rest in peace Nicholas. I hate drugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk