NJ NJ - Gary Grant, 7, Atlantic City, 12 Jan 1984

I remember this case on Unsolved Mysteries but I don't recall the tape on the program.

Who Killed 7-Year-Old Boy 35 Years Ago in Atlantic City?

upload_2019-1-15_10-58-46.jpeg

Thirty-five years ago, the body of 7-year-old Gary Grant Jr. was found in an abandoned lot, just two blocks away from the boys home. The boy had been missing two day. He was found bludgeoned to death.

In a news release, Atlantic County Prosecutor Damon Tyner, who grew up in Atlantic City, says he remembers the boy's disappearance. Tyner was 13-years-old, but he and Grant Jr. attended the same school: “I remember Gary Jr. not being at my basketball practice because he was missing. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was heightened fear at that time at school because a little kid was missing and that kind of thing didn’t just happen,” Prosecutor Tyner said.

[...]

I know Gary Grant Sr and I lived in Atlantic City when Gary went missing and then was later found dead. Many details were not released. Sadly Tyner is a fraud, and justice will never actually be served for little Gary.

@candy - do you mean that LE did not conduct a proper case and that's why he won't get justice? or does your opinion of Tyner have other implications?

Gary Sr. apparently lives in Puerto Rico now. What happened to May Grant and Gary’s sisters? There is no information about any of them. Just wondering if they personally think it was Carl Mason or someone with a grudge against Gary Sr.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back