602 users online (80 members and 522 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Delia Stacey, 18, Herrin, 28 December 2015

Delia Ann Stacey

Herrin Police searching for missing woman

"Herrin Police Department is searching for finding Delia Ann Stacey.

Her family reported missing at around 5:30 p.m. Monday to the police department. Family said she was last seen at around 11 a.m. when she left the family home on foot, according to a police department news release. They believed she was meeting a friend. Later that day, her family said they received a text message from her phone number that read, "Help."

http://m.thesouthern.com/news/local/...3c09ba591.html
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

No information on what she was wearing or even her age.

And to send a text saying only Help. What is that all about?

Looks like she's 18, according to her FB. Also looks like a lot of family drama prior to her going missing?

A different FB page: https://www.facebook.com/deliaann.stacey.7?pnref=story

Both appear to be current.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/30862924...ional-database
    Same info as above. Hopefully she's found soon.

TY for posting both of FBook sites. Something sure seems to be very wrong. I did NOT 'scroll back' in time through those 2 FB sites of Delia's -- I wonder what her normal rate of posting on FB is...... I wonder what her BF knows - surely he's helped police. The string of posts AFTER Delia disappears sure make this situation seem to be a very, very dangerous one. It sounds like Delia is known to 'pull stunts' but she's also known to take risks & it seems implied on the FB posts that others know her sometimes to go with 'brand new guys'. All of them seem to say Delia has NEVER disappeared for a long time like this. Gosh, I wonder where that child is. Barely age 18, living with her parents & it sure looked like she was having very normal teenager sorts of gripes about 'parent rules' & stuff like that. FB says her dad is ill & in hospital right now now --- dad wound up in hospital with (ongoing serious) health problem following Delia's disappearance.

What could the situation possibly be where you would only text help?
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

One of her fb posts seems to say that she got a new job about an hour and a half up north from wherever she lives. She didn't mention on fb though, where it was even though friends and family were asking. Now THAT sounds suspicious especially since she always looked so depressed in her pics.

That would put her job in Effingham Illinois. Not sure what factories are hiring there. I know one is hiring in Sullivan Illinois about another 45 minutes or so from there.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

Missing Kids and Locate the Missing are two things listed in each of her FB accounts.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

I hope she's found soon.

I dont have a bad feeling about this one. These poor girls that hate their home life and just take off with someone in hopes life will be BETTER. They are so desperate for a break from the home life that they leap into (my opinion) hasty stupid situations maybe for excitement. I wish they wouldn't jump into things. It scares me that she sent the "help" message but I'm not sold on anything nefarious happening to her right now. Praying she is able to come home safe. Since she has an interest in "missing people" (its on her FBs) here's to hoping she wants attention. Don't come after me with torches on this...it happens. I mean it in the kindest way. It would be the BEST scenario too. I'd rather her be safe and looking for attention than to be dead or harmed. Fingers crossed. Come home sweet girl. All will be forgiven! You're loved! All JMO.
    “Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive” - Sir Walter Scott
    *This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.*

Sleuthing for Little Miss Christmas (JonBenét Ramsey)
    Sleuthing for Bella Nevaeh Bond (MA Baby Doe)
    Where is William Tyrrell and Deorr Kunz?! Still missing!

Sleuthing for ALL victims. Be the voice. Keep their stories alive--esp the missing!
    Long live Websleuths.

Quote Originally Posted by webweaved View Post
    I dont have a bad feeling about this one. These poor girls that hate their home life and just take off with someone in hopes life will be BETTER. They are so desperate for a break from the home life that they leap into (my opinion) hasty stupid situations maybe for excitement. I wish they wouldn't jump into things. It scares me that she sent the "help" message but I'm not sold on anything nefarious happening to her right now. Praying she is able to come home safe. Since she has an interest in "missing people" (its on her FBs) here's to hoping she wants attention. Don't come after me with torches on this...it happens. I mean it in the kindest way. It would be the BEST scenario too. I'd rather her be safe and looking for attention than to be dead or harmed. Fingers crossed. Come home sweet girl. All will be forgiven! You're loved! All JMO.
    I read the FB pages a few days back and it does not appear she is terribly reliable. A new "relationship" notice went up 12/24/15. Could be a red flag. But the heinous abuse of the English language forced me to stop reading.

I confess the same thing crossed my mind, that she took off, or is hoping to get attention/sympathy. Let's hope that this is it and she returns home safely soon.
    Last edited by ALansby; 01-02-2016 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Typo correction
    All my posts, unless otherwise noted are JMHO.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast