FL - Christine Myes, 18, raped & murdered, Sunrise, 20 Sept 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
When a college student who wanted to work with children and an ex-convict who wanted to turn his life around ended up alone in a clothing-strewn three-bedroom apartment, the results were tragic.

The student left dead on a stretcher, the ex-convict left in handcuffs, and people who knew them both could not even guess at what led to a sudden and brutal death early Tuesday morning.

Sunrise police said Christine Myers, 18, was dating James Mozie for a short time before the night they ended up at his family's apartment in the 5900 block of Northwest 19th Street. Myers, a Broward Community College student and Sunrise resident who lived barely a mile from the building where she was killed, was well known and well liked.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...ep25,0,6422908.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

That is so sad. The thing that baffles me is why the boyfriend, who saw him on top of his girlfriend, would leave without notifying anyone? I understand he had a bad cut but he still had his mouth. He could have used his voice and notifyed someone. Now he has to live with that decision for the rest of his life.

That was my thought too. Also, the sister heard her brother tell the girl that she couldn't stay at the apt. unless she had sex with him. So what does she do? She leaves. She doesn't call anyone. This whole thing is a little weird if you ask me.

mysteriew said:
That was my thought too. Also, the sister heard her brother tell the girl that she couldn't stay at the apt. unless she had sex with him. So what does she do? She leaves. She doesn't call anyone. This whole thing is a little weird if you ask me.

It sounds like the brother and sister were both afraid of him. I think either one of them could have saved her.

From March 2011:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...330_1_sunrise-murder-murder-trial-james-mozie

Edward Mozie was acquitted two years ago in the brutal murder of a Sunrise college student, but he will still serve a 30-year prison term.

A Miami-Dade judge passed the sentenced late Tuesday after ruling that Mozie violated an earlier probation sentence by breaking the law in the slaying of Christine Myers, even though he was acquitted of the murder charge itself. Myers, of Sunrise, was raped and strangled in September 2005.

"It finally feels like we did get justice," her father, William Myers, of Sunrise, said on Wednesday. "God provided a different avenue, through Dade County, to put this case to rest."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back