GA GA - Janet Miller, 78, Brookhaven, 24 Dec 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Janet Sue Miller
2015125682b54fa1bb6.jpg

Brookhaven Police Continue Search for Missing Woman

"BROOKHAVEN GA -- Police are continuing to search for 78-year-old Janet Sue Miller, and are currently focusing around the North Druid Hills Road and Star Drive area.

A DeKalb police helicopter is also assisting in the search as well, as well as the Brookhaven PD K9 Unit.

Miller suffers from dementia and has not been seen since Dec. 24."

http://patch.com/georgia/brookhaven/brookhaven-police-continue-search-missing-woman-0

Search Taking Place For Missing Brookhaven Woman
Posted:Jan 05 2016 10:16AM EST Updated:Jan 05 2016 05:57PM EST
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/69139498-story

“We are trying to exhaust every resource we have available to us,” said Officer Carlos Nino. “We will have the assistance of search two search dogs during the search efforts.”

The 78-year old woman's closet relative is a brother in Ohio.

Janet Sue Miller suffers from dementia. She was last seen wearing glasses, long dress, and black shoes.

I wonder if she was heading to the Baptist church on the junction of North Druids Hill Road and Star Drive. There are lots of big gardens around there with big trees and a few gardens with pools in them too. I hope the neighbourhood have all searched their gardens for her. She only weighed around six stones, doesnt state she's wearing a coat yet the weather is 12 degrees today. That's pretty cold even by UK standards. Bless her.

So sad. No family. I wished someone would have intervened since it seemed to have been pretty apparent to those that knew her that her dementia was advancing, checking her mailbox a dozen times a day, not knowing where the bible study room was, etc. It is a sensitive area when you want to help someone with dementia but knowing very likely they will lose their independence that they so dearly love.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/crews-actively-searching-missing-brookhaven-elderl/npxtj/

The video mentions that this is not the first time she has gone missing.
More than a year ago, she did show up at a hospital.

Some background Info:

She was a nurse and worked as a missionary in Hong Kong for more than 40 years.

There's a surveillance photo of her at a Kroger store, hours before a church member took a photo of her at the Christmas Eve service.

I'd not watched the video when I posted earlier, just googled the address to see what was around.

I wonder how she was to get home from the church service and how far away from the church she lives. They seem a caring bunch from the church and can't imagine them leaving her to walk far on her own.
At first I was thinking the service was evening but perhaps it was in the afternoon, weather mild and daylight and she insisted she walked home alone.

I think she's either close by or in a hospital. Hoping for the latter.

I'd not watched the video when I posted earlier, just googled the address to see what was around.

I wonder how she was to get home from the church service and how far away from the church she lives. They seem a caring bunch from the church and can't imagine them leaving her to walk far on her own.
At first I was thinking the service was evening but perhaps it was in the afternoon, weather mild and daylight and she insisted she walked home alone.

I think she's either close by or in a hospital. Hoping for the latter.

They last saw her at the church at 6 pm I believe I read. It would have been dark when she left. That was exactly what I was thinking. Why no one offered her a ride home. Unless she was very independent and wouldn't take a ride.

They last saw her at the church at 6 pm I believe I read. It would have been dark when she left. That was exactly what I was thinking. Why no one offered her a ride home. Unless she was very independent and wouldn't take a ride.

In the wsbtv link, there's a pic of her at the food store, Krogers, earlier on Christmas Eve, before she went to the church. She's wearing a coat or cardigan and has her handbag with her. She's been described as being last seen in a dress. I was just wondering if she left the church without the others realising, without her coat and handbag.

It's possible she still drives.
But no one has mentioned her vehicle or anything, but surely she wasn't walking home after church and with her bags of groceries?
And in the picture posted, isn't that supposedly taken at the church on Christmas eve? If so it doesn't look like she has a black dress on to me, maybe she has a black skirt on but I can't tell.
ETA: Oops it says dress & black shoes, not a black dress. So ignore my statement/question.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

It's possible she still drives.
But no one has mentioned her vehicle or anything, but surely she wasn't walking home after church and with her bags of groceries?
And in the picture posted, isn't that supposedly taken at the church on Christmas eve? If so it doesn't look like she has a black dress on to me, maybe she has a black skirt on but I can't tell.
ETA: Oops it says dress & black shoes, not a black dress. So ignore my statement/question.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

In one of the news videos they were giving the impression she walked. A woman officer was talking about her usual route home and the fact that a lot of the front yards of the houses along the way had a steep drop off. I am thinking she went to Krogers before church to get her things for the Christmas dinner that would be spent alone. :( Wish I could have been there. And then she went to church after taking her groceries home.

I am trying to figure out her route if she did walk. I have the Kroger's store mapped as well as the Baptist Church. She lived in an apartment. Anyone know which one?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bro...2e773f7!2m2!1d-84.3450209!2d33.856402!3e0!5i1

I don't know where her apartment is but I did follow the road from the church to Kroger's. Busy, narrow sidewalks, makes me wonder if she stumbled off the sidewalk and someone hit her, then in a panic hid her body. :(

Anyone can call Adult Protective Services, anonymously or otherwise, and get a social worker who works with elderly to visit and attempt to find suitable living arrangements for that particular person's needs. It is not a perfect system, but it is very useful in situations like Ms. Miller's.

Anyone can call Adult Protective Services, anonymously or otherwise, and get a social worker who works with elderly to visit and attempt to find suitable living arrangements for that particular person's needs. It is not a perfect system, but it is very useful in situations like Ms. Miller's.

She does have a roommate though and by the looks of the video, the roommate is very caring. He just happened to be in China when she went missing.

https://www.facebook.com/BrookhavenPD/posts/1204579872904519

"On December 27, 2015 at approximately 12:27 PM, Brookhaven Police Officers responded to 1322 Briarwood Road on a welfare check. Officers met with the caller and learned she has not been seen since December 24, 2015 at approximately 7:00 PM."

Snipped by me from the Brookhaven Police Department Facebook.

I just saw the video with the roommate that was in China during the time she went missing.

So her bag she always took with her was left inside her apartment. Maybe she didn't take it to church with her? Her roommate had notes for her on the refrigerator to lock the door before she went to bed, etc. Sweet.

So her bag she always took with her was left inside her apartment. Maybe she didn't take it to church with her? Her roommate had notes for her on the refrigerator to lock the door before she went to bed, etc. Sweet.

I thought the bag was left outside the apartment....
let me review that again...

ETA:
the video mentioned that the bag was lying by the door, so perhaps it was inside?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back