1044 users online (238 members and 806 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Jasper former priest claimed sex with disabled teen consensual, 2005

A suspended Roman Catholic priest accused of molesting a mentally disabled 19-year-old man told police the contact was consensual, according to court records obtained before a judge issued a gag order in the case.

The Rev. Wilfred L. Englert, 52, an associate pastor at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Jasper, faces felony charges of deviant sexual conduct and two counts of sexual battery in Orange County and two sexual battery counts in Dubois County.

According to court records obtained before the gag order was imposed, Englert reportedly told state police that he had sexual contact with the teen but that it was consensual.

According to court records, the teen functions at the level of a 9-year-old.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    To me, that's the same as abusing a child.