1113 users online (224 members and 889 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Brandon Mann & Devan Everett, both 18, Taylorville, 28 Dec 2015

Police say the teens were last seen in a red 2000 Ford F-150 truck with Illinois registration. Anyone with information is asked to call Taylorville Police at 824-2211.

http://wics.com/news/local/two-teens...ristian-county

Searchers on Thursday evening found the red Ford pickup two missing Taylorville teens were last seen in. Brandon Mann and Devan Everett, both 18, were not in the vehicle when it was pulled from floodwaters that have plagued central Illinois all week.
    Christian County authorities said the search near in Christian County near Kincaid would continue Friday.

http://www.sj-r.com/news/20151231/se...ated-in-water-

I am praying for their families. Two other people from the same area were found earlier this week, drowned, having been lost to flood waters. With the boys' truck having been located in similar circumstances this does not bode well.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Praying that these young men are just stuck somewhere, waiting for rescue. Amen.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Body of Christian County teen found in floodwaters. The body of one of two Christian County teenagers missing in floodwaters was discovered shortly before 9 a.m. Friday.

Devan R. Everett, 18, was found in the water north of where dive crews located the red pickup truck he and 18-year-old Brandon Mann were riding in earlier in the week.
    http://www.sj-r.com/news/20160101/bo...s?rssfeed=true
    No word about Brandon yet.. RIP Devan.

Crying. So sad. Such a loss for his family. So discouraging for Brandon's family. This is my neck of the woods. I knew Rob and Cindy, the two lost earlier this week. It's enough already dammit

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Crying. So sad. Such a loss for his family. So discouraging for Brandon's family. This is my neck of the woods. I knew Rob and Cindy, the two lost earlier this week. It's enough already dammit

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your friends. I know how hard it is and hope and pray that you feel better. It tales a long time but it does get better..

Heartache for the loved ones of these two young men. I cannot imagine losing a son when the future was wide open. I know it is not logical, but I pray, somehow, against all odds, that Brandon is out there somewhere, alive, waiting for rescue.

Search crews say Everett was found a couple hundred yards away from where the truck was found 17 feet under water. Assistant Taylorville Fire Chief Andy Goodall is leading the investigation and says they can't know for sure what exactly happened, but they have an idea.

"It's pretty obvious that the truck going through the water got washed off the road," Goodall said. "Both of the windows were down on the truck when we removed it from the water yesterday, so our best guess is they both swam out and the current was too high and moving too fast for them to battle the current for very long."

http://wics.com/news/local/body-of-m...-flooded-river

how terrible, right around xmas and new year

Rest in peace young men. You are gone before you ever got started and your friends and families have our prayers.

https://www.facebook.com/statejournalregister/posts/10156464852350232

From the Christian County coroner's office: "At 9:10 a.m., a search team member recovered the body of 18-year-old Brandon M. Mann of Taylorville. Mr. Mann was recovered after the water had receded from an area which had been heavily flooded. He was found approximately 184 feet north of 1700 North Road and northwest of the location where the truck was found on Thursday."