3 officers rescue ARMED, combative, suicidal man from home on fire

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
Police arrived at the home near 6700 South and 3200 West around 6 p.m. after receiving a call that a suicidal man was hurting himself and attacking family members, said West Jordan police officer Ian Adams.

----------------------

Two officers ran into the burning home to retrieve the man. Adams said the man was "combative and armed," though he didn't specify what type of weapon the man had with him.

"At great risk to themselves, (the officers) became engaged in a fight with the (man) inside the house and were able to remove him from the house as a third officer arrived to help," Adams said. "All three officers really did put themselves at great risk."

Adams called the officers' actions courageous. He added that flames were raging in the very room where the struggle occurred.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=37969645&ni...l-man-from-home-he-set-on-fire&s_cid=queue-16

Two officers ran into the burning home to retrieve the man.

Holy crap!!

"They're some of the finest officers I think that I've ever met," he said. "Tonight's actions were among the most heroic I've ever seen. They really did risk their lives for this (man), who was actively fighting them and assaulting them."

No, YOU'RE crying.

Wow, that is some exemplary police work. Truly heroic.

eta: This also shows smart policing. It's refreshing.

Yowza!

Talk about dedication and bravery. :takeabow:

We hear so much so often when things go awry. Thank you to these officers who went the extra mile to insure that all escaped this dangerous situation alive.

We hear so much so often when things go awry. Thank you to these officers who went the extra mile to insure that all escaped this dangerous situation alive.

Abso-posi-lutely!!!!!!

Remarkable. Terrific. Excellent.

That's what we like to hear/read. They went above and beyond. Truly brave and heroic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back