Identified! GA - Bremen, LIVING Hispanic Male Child, 2-3, Sept'05 - Marc Griffith

Paradise

Reaction score
Seems kinda funny this hasn't been resolved yet...

This child was found on Holly Springs Drive in Bremen, Georgia on September 11, 2005. His identity and the whereabouts of his caretakers are unknown. He is believed to be approximately 2-3 years old and was wearing blue overalls, a blue striped shirt and black sandals when he was found. His weight is approximately 25-30 pounds.

http://tinyurl.com/dqs7c

:waitasec:

Toddler found abandoned on side of road

Authorities are searching for the parents of a toddler found abandoned on the side of a Carroll County road less than a half-mile south of Interstate 20, Sheriff Terry Langley said Tuesday.

The Hispanic boy, between 2 and 3 years old, was found by a couple from Bremen about 8 p.m. Sunday. He was in good condition and wearing blue overalls, a blue-striped shirt, black sandals with a linen sheet draped over his legs, Langley said.

"We haven't been able to find out who he is or where his family is. This is the first time we've ever had a case like this," the sheriff said. "Children are normally not abandoned on the side of the roadway like this.

He said the child could have been abandoned by his parents, an evacuee from Katrina, or someone could have taken his parents and left the child.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=65071

Oooh! What a cute little boy! Who would have abandoned him along the highway? This is so sad.

tennessee said:
Oooh! What a cute little boy! Who would have abandoned him along the highway? This is so sad.

Just makes you sick, doesn't it. Such a cute kid.

I just can't understand why no relatives have realized he's missing. This is so sad.

Paradise said:
I just can't understand why no relatives have realized he's missing. This is so sad.

This is one that Nancy should show on her show. If he by chance is a victim of Katrina...which doesn't seem likely considering where he was found...someone might recognize him. If he was dropped off on the side of the highway then maybe a family member doesn't realize that he is missing if they don't see his parents/parent that often. Maybe they watch Nancy's show. This little guy belongs to someone.

Edit: I sent Nancy a email. I sure hope she puts this little guy on her screen.

Is it possible that this child is the son of illegal immigrants from south of the border? (Please don't throw things--it's just a question!) Perhaps putting flyers in local Spanish churches would bring in some information. IF the parents are illegal immigrants, they may be afraid to come forward.

Pandora said:
Is it possible that this child is the son of illegal immigrants from south of the border? (Please don't throw things--it's just a question!) Perhaps putting flyers in local Spanish churches would bring in some information. IF the parents are illegal immigrants, they may be afraid to come forward.

Actually I think that is a good idea. If the child is from the local area, then at the area spanish churches- someone may recognise what family he goes with. And it is not just the illegal aliens- many of the legal ones have limited english and are very afraid of LE.

Pandora said:

That is a possibility. But why would he have been on the side of the road?
That is what puzzles me. You have a great idea and I hope someone does it.

mysteriew said:
Actually I think that is a good idea. If the child is from the local area, then at the area spanish churches- someone may recognise what family he goes with. And it is not just the illegal aliens- many of the legal ones have limited english and are very afraid of LE.

So true. I wonder if LE would even think of that???? Maybe someone should email them with this idea ;)

I'm going to try to contact LE and see if they've thought about doing this or have already done it. Thanks.

Paradise said:
I'm going to try to contact LE and see if they've thought about doing this or have already done it. Thanks.

Good for you. I sent a email to Nancy Grace and asked if she would do a little segment on this little boy and also the little toddler found in the park in Cincinnati. She did a segment on Valerie...the beautiful little 4 yr old...today.
I'm hoping that Nancy will check out my information and do the segments by Tuesday. So many people watch her show and just maybe someone will recognize both of these little ones.

Bobbisangel said:
This is one that Nancy should show on her show. If he by chance is a victim of Katrina...which doesn't seem likely considering where he was found...someone might recognize him. If he was dropped off on the side of the highway then maybe a family member doesn't realize that he is missing if they don't see his parents/parent that often. Maybe they watch Nancy's show. This little guy belongs to someone.

Edit: I sent Nancy a email. I sure hope she puts this little guy on her screen.

I received a canned response..."we receive a lot of emails and may not have time to answer each one........ ....... ......"

:( Hopefully, even if they don't respond to e-mails they at least read them.

Bobbisangel said:
I received a canned response..."we receive a lot of emails and may not have time to answer each one........ ....... ......"

Well then, try Greta..........I've gotten personal responses from her twice in the past year or so.

JMHO
fran

PS....FWIW.......Awhile ago I sent an email of this story to the CEO (the only name I could find linking to the publication) "Spanish speaking" media outlet and they already replied and said they'd forward it to their publishers. Hopefully they'll work on it...........fran

fran said:
Well then, try Greta..........I've gotten personal responses from her twice in the past year or so.

JMHO
fran

PS....FWIW.......Awhile ago I sent an email of this story to the CEO (the only name I could find linking to the publication) "Spanish speaking" media outlet and they already replied and said they'd forward it to their publishers. Hopefully they'll work on it...........fran

That was a great idea. Sounds like they might work with you on this.

I'll email Greta about the two little kids. It wouldn't take more then a few minutes to show these kids pictures and tell a little about where they were found, etc. I'm really going to be disappointed if neither Nancy or Greta show them. Today Nancy had Natalee's mom and stepdad on for about 1/3 of her program. It is important to keep Natalee in the news but darn it..these babies belong to someone and they deserve a tiny spot in the media too.

It is important to keep Natalee in the news but darn it..these babies belong to someone and they deserve a tiny spot in the media too.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

YES! I agree. Practically the whole US knows about Natalee...now why not use some of the time devoted to Natalee on other kids? That's what makes me mad about the media. They like poking their noses into things but when it comes to something that really matters they ignore it.

I think NCMEC thinks he was a victim of Katrina. They have him listed on their website under the the children looking for parents due to hurricane Katrina.

The mother of a 2-year-old boy found abandoned on the side of a Carroll County road in mid-September has claimed her son, Marc Griffith of the Carroll County Sheriff's Department said.

She came forward in early October and medical tests have confirmed the woman, whose name has been withheld, was the toddler's mother, Griffith said Friday.

The child remained in foster care, Griffith said, while police looked into why the boy was abandoned by the side of a road.

On the night of Sept. 11, a couple driving less than a half-mile from Interstate 20 found the boy, who was unharmed. He was sitting with a linen covering his legs. They picked him up and called police from a nearby gas station.

Sheriff Terry Langley said the boy seemed "a happy little boy" when he saw him soon after he was found.

"He was just playing with toys," Langley said. "The boy didn't say anything, but he would look at you and smile."

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=70908

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back