GUILTY TX - Sara Mutschlechner, 20, fatally shot, Denton, 1 Jan 2016

PastTense

Reaction score
A 20-year-old college student was fatally shot in a road rage incident while driving her friends home from a New Year’s Eve party, police say.

Sara Mutschlechner, who was a junior at the University of North Texas, died on Friday after she was taken off life support, Denton Police said in a press release.

According to police, three of Mutschlechner’s friends were in her car when a dark-colored Lexus or Toyota SUV pulled up next to them. “Several words were exchanged between the occupants of the SUV and the occupants in the victim’s vehicle. As both vehicles were crossing the University Drive intersection, an occupant in the SUV fired multiple rounds at the victim.”...

Denton Police said they have a person of interest in the shooting, but they have not identified that person. Witnesses told police there were “five or six African American males” in the SUV, according to a press release.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/01/sara-...years-eve-party-suspects-facebook-suv-family/

Denton police say the gunman was in a black Lexus SUV occupied by five or six men. At least two of the occupants were at a different New Year’s Eve party in Denton.

“We're sure that a lot of people at the party would've recognized who was in that vehicle and maybe be able to tell us who they were,” said Denton police officer Shane Kizer. “We've got a lot of people that we're wanting to talk with at this time."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-fri...ege-student-killed-apparent/story?id=36063849

unt.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ed-texas-road-rage-shooting-article-1.2483972

Texas police scour CCTV footage taken near where Sara Mutschlechner was killed | Daily Mail Online
[...]
In an interview with Fox 4, the parents of Mutschlechner said their daughter - a junior at the University of North Texas - had dreamed of being a film director or producer and that being an organ donor was a cause close to her heart.

Her father Clay called the killing 'senseless and tragic' while her mother Gloria said: 'All I could think about was her and this horrible thing that happened to her. She did not deserve this.'

Clay added: 'We're all going to miss her. Some people don't get to have their kids 20 years. We have to be blessed with what we've had with our time spent.'

Fox 4 revealed that Mutschlechner's decision to be an organ donor had already helped a burns (sic) victim.
[...]

Embedded video & MuchMore@Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-reveal-organ-donor-helped-burns-victim.html

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspects sought after University of North Texas student killed in road rage shooting - CBS News
4 hours ago

According to witnesses, the 20-year-old and her three passengers came under fire after a verbal altercation with people in a dark colored Toyota or Lexus SUV that fled the scene.

"It's our understanding that the occupants of the SUV were all African American males, five to six males," said Denton police officer Shane Kizer.

[...]

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-...e-new-year-university-of-north-texas-student/

This is awful. Ugh. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Kizer said the exchange between those in the two vehicles started with "chit chat" before the conversation "went downhill" after something derogatory was said about the women in Mutschlechner's car. Police said that as the vehicles crossed an intersection, someone in the SUV fired multiple rounds. Kizer said that after Mutschlechner was struck by a bullet, her vehicle hit another vehicle and crashed into an electrical pole.

Kizer said Mutschlechner had three passengers: another woman and two men. The other woman broke her collarbone in the wreck and was treated and released from the hospital. Kizer said Mutschlechner was a member of a sorority and was from Martindale, a small town about 40 miles south of Austin.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/article53006445.html

Road rage driver who 'shot 20-year-old sorority sister dead as she drove friends home from New Year party' is arrested and charged | Daily Mail Online

[...]
A man has been charged with murdering a 20-year-old sorority sister in an apparent road rage fight on New Year's Eve.

Eric Jamal Johnson was arrested in Yuma, Arizona, on Tuesday morning - five days after University of North Texas student Sara Mutschlechner was fatally shot in the head as she drove friends home from a party.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sister-20-New-Year-s-Eve-road-rage-fight.html

U.S. marshals in Arizona arrest suspect in UNT student’s fatal shooting in Denton | Dallas Morning News
[...]
Denton police say federal authorities arrested a man believed to be tied to the killing of a 20-year-old UNT student in a road-rage incident last week.

U.S. marshals arrested Eric Jamal Johnson in Yuma, Ariz., on a murder charge this morning, police said in a news release. Police didn’t release any other details, and said they will hold a news conference later today to talk about the arrest.

[...]

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...oting-unt-student-in-road-rage-incident.html/

This is awful. Ugh. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

I agree. Horrible. Her life that seemed to be full of such promise was taken for no reason.

crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/unt-student-shot-in-head-in-suspected-road-rage-incident.html/
This ^ link has a flyer for the party they attended.

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/04/polic...nt-killed-in-apparent-road-rage-shooting.html
detectives are investigating the possibility that members of Mutschlechner's group may have gotten into an argument with the suspects at the party.

Imo, this ^ if accurate, would show some premeditation.

www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2016/...tudent-killed-after-new-years-party/78216518/
Denton police said Sara and at least 60 other people were at a party on Friday night. According to witnesses, two people in the dark-colored SUV were also at party on Crisoforo Drive.

Is it possible Sara was not the intended victim ?
Regardless-- I hope the shooter gets the DP.
No matter what was said, or not, at the party-- or the manner in which someone is driving -- no one has the right to start shooting. Period.
What a completely moronic individual, this perp. Smdh.
:moo:

Rest in gentle peace Sara !

Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends , what a god-awful way to begin 2016. :(

crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/unt-student-shot-in-head-in-suspected-road-rage-incident.html/
This ^ link has a flyer for the party they attended.

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/04/polic...nt-killed-in-apparent-road-rage-shooting.html
detectives are investigating the possibility that members of Mutschlechner's group may have gotten into an argument with the suspects at the party.

Imo, this ^ if accurate, would show some premeditation.

www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2016/...tudent-killed-after-new-years-party/78216518/
Denton police said Sara and at least 60 other people were at a party on Friday night. According to witnesses, two people in the dark-colored SUV were also at party on Crisoforo Drive.

Is it possible Sara was not the intended victim ?
Regardless-- I hope the shooter gets the DP.
No matter what was said, or not, at the party-- or the manner in which someone is driving -- no one has the right to start shooting. Period.
What a completely moronic individual, this perp. Smdh.

Rest in gentle peace Sara !

Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends , what a god-awful way to begin 2016. :(

Exactly. Argument or no argument, shooting is not acceptable.

A man with Denton and military ties has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of 20-year-old Sara Mutschlechner. Eric Jamal Johnson was arrested by U.S. marshals on a military base in Yuma, Arizona, on Tuesday morning and charged with murder...

Witness statements and social media led to the police zeroing in on Johnson as a suspect and shooter. Witness accounts say he had the weapon in hand prior to the shooting. Police said they have yet to recover the weapon.

The investigation is still ongoing with police talking to at least two occupants of the gray Honda Pilot from where the shots came...

Kizer said the exchange started amicably, but then turned argumentative with derogatory comments being said to the females in the vehicle. The two males in the back seat of the vehicle Mutschlechner was driving said something insulting back to the occupants in the SUV and then was threatened by one of the occupants of the SUV...

Kizer said more arrests could be made.
http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/...echner-shooting-death-arrested-in-arizona.ece

I think it likely Eric was shooting at one or both of the males in Sara's car, but missed and killed Sara instead.

Would that change the situation if it were not "road rage" vs a prior argument. Seems to me a prior argument would make it premeditated?

Would that change the situation if it were not "road rage" vs a prior argument. Seems to me a prior argument would make it premeditated?
SABBM

Exactly. "Premeditated" should bring a more severe sentence ; hopefully !
I don't want this perp to get off easier by his lawyers because he allegedly 'snapped'.

And am just waiting for the others in the suv of the shooter (or his friends, etc.) to say he is a 'nice' guy who made a bad decision. There have been cases before this and will probably be more after where people say of the perp, "oh, he/she was a nice person who wouldn't do that..."

Since it was just after a party and Sara was the des. driver, possibly some of the other passengers in the vehicle she was driving were a trifle tipsy and said foolish things ? Not that it would excuse a brutal slaying.
Thus far I don't see anything that would merit the brutality carried out that early morning.

If everyone who had something unkind said to them started shooting-- this country would be in total anarchy, everywhere. Fortunately most of us are more level headed in our thought process.

Hoping justice is swift for this young lady.

a waste of two lives, all the promise and hopes ahead of them both...
what makes people think that using a gun to settle a stupid argument is a good decision?
and thanks to sara's decision of being a donor others get a chance to live
go in peace young girl, you'll be missed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member