GUILTY FL - Duval Co., WhtFem UP13713, under concrete slab, Dec'14 - Bonnie Haim

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 13713

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13713

Unidentified White female
* Found December 14, 2014 in Duval County, FL
* Estimated Year of Death: years

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: Adult
* Approximate Height: cannot estimate
* Distinguishing Characteristics: nothing

* Dentals:
Dental information / charting is not available
* Clothing/Jewelry: nothing
* DNA: Tests not complete

Case History: Skeletal remains recovered from under a slab of concrete on the side of a house where a white female who was reported missing on 21 years earlier, lived.

NamUs UP Case 13713

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13713

Unidentified White female
* Found December 14, 2014 in Duval County, FL
* Estimated Year of Death: years

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: Adult
* Approximate Height: cannot estimate
* Distinguishing Characteristics: nothing

* Dentals:
Dental information / charting is not available
* Clothing/Jewelry: nothing
* DNA: Tests not complete

Case History: Skeletal remains recovered from under a slab of concrete on the side of a house where a white female who was reported missing on 21 years earlier, lived.

Does NAMUS always indicate Identification Potential as "Low"?
I would think that the circumstances here might warrant a higher than "Low" rating.

Is it just me or should this be easy since.....

Has that female been ruled out?

Welp, this looks about as open and shut as it can get.

Wake me if they decide the skeleton is not her.

Edited to add: Who was the missing woman?

Does NAMUS always indicate Identification Potential as "Low"?
I would think that the circumstances here might warrant a higher than "Low" rating.

This case is probably listed as "low" because there's no clothing description, no identifiers (DNA, dentals, fingerprints), and there's relatively little physical/medical information. You can read about NamUs's rating system here

I believe this is Bonnie Haim and her husband Michael has been arrested.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/remains-of-long-missing-florida-woman-bonnie-haim-found-amid-excavation/

Interesting and very sad.

Another article goes into greater detail: stating that in 1999, Bonnie was declared legally dead. In 2005, a civil court judge ordered Michael (husband) to pay $26.3 million dollars to Aaron (son). According to him, he recalls helping his father hide his mother's body when he was three years old. Michael's parental rights were terminated afterward.
In December 2014, a fragment of skull was found on the Haim's former property which was identified as human. In August 2015, DNA tests on the skull fragment and additional remains that were found were positively identified as belonging to Bonnie Haim.

Michael Haim was arrested on August 24, 2015 and charged with Bonnie's murder. He will be extradited to Jacksonville, Florida to face arraignment."

There are only two women on NamUs who disappeared in 1993 from Duval County. They are Suzette Jones and Theresa Johnson. There is a third for a woman named Bonnie Haim, but her remains were actually found last year, so I'm not sure why her profile is still up.

I think it's Suzette Jones. On FDLE's website, it lists her last date of contact as 12/19/1993, almost exactly 21 years before the UID was found.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/3iea67/resolved_bonnie_haim_missing_since_1993_remains/

Now I don't know if this has any connection what-so-ever to this but I find it odd the remains of this Jacksonville woman that were found also in December 2014, of a woman who went missing around 21 years earlier in the yard of a residence under a pool that was being dug up? What are the odds of that that these two cases seem so similar? This woman's husband was arrested for her murder.

Lol! Ya'll all beat me to this while i was reading over everything. We all were on the same track, lol.

The Namus database it is out of date unfortunately; maybe the case has been resolved and we do not know.

The address of the Namus UP is 2439 Dolphin Avenue and Bonnie Haim's remains were found on Dolphin Avenue, as per http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...and-charged--her-1993-disappearance/32323295/ so it seems like it must be her. If they also found some other person on the same property it seems like they'd say. Someone just forgot to update perhaps.

This is a confusing case. Or maybe NamUS just hasn't been notified/updated.

I would think that, were this to actually be Bonnie Haim, NamUS would have been notified (hence the profile would be inaccessible). But all news stories regarding her identification are from the middle of 2015, including on CharleyProject's "resolved" page.

It's always gotten on my nerves that NamUS removes profiles after they have been found/identified rather than having some kind of archive line DoeNet or Charley. I wonder why this one's still up...

Nothing news on this? The case file not is removed from Namus; at this point I believe that the remains found are not of Bonnie Haim.

I think it is her. what are the odds of another female skeleton being found on dolphin ave? FL did this before with Meredith Jessie. she was murdered by her mother, along w her grandfather.

Nothing news on this? The case file not is removed from Namus; at this point I believe that the remains found are not of Bonnie Haim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back