Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 1082

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1082

222UFFL.jpg

Unidentified White female
* Found May 23, 1999 in Palm Beach County, FL
* Estimated Year of Death: 1999 (1 month)

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: Adult
* Approximate Height: 65
* Distinguishing Characteristics: head hair straight.

* Dentals: Dental information / charting is not available

* Clothing/Jewelry:
Black spandex shorts, light colored bra, and floral underwear. One white "Nike" tennis shoe (size 7).

* DNA: Tests complete

Case History:
Decedent may have been the victim of a traffic homicide. The victim was located in a feeder canal on Bob West Road, 1/2 mile south of Boynton Beach Boulevard, along US 441 in Boynton Beach, Florida. Initial investigation showed blunt force trauma to the right side of the skull.

Case in Doe Network's
website

The spandex shorts suggest she might have been a jogger who was struck by a car and knocked into the canal.* However, there's no mention of socks, which a jogger would almost certainly wear to avoid blisters if she already took the time to change into running shorts, and there's no mention of whether the bra was a sports bra (which would make outerwear like a t-shirt optional) or a regular undergarment, which a jogger wouldn't likely wear by itself for modesty and comfort reasons.

This MP matches the (scant) physical statistics and she's not on the NamUs ruleout list: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2507dffl.html

One article I found about the MP said that she often walked after dark. This might have left her vulnerable to a hit-and-run accident. The timing's not far off, but there is a considerable 33 miles between the MP's last known location and the UID's discovery, and while it's one thing to travel to a "safer" neighborhood for a late-night jog, that distance seems excessive.

* It would be helpful to know how close the canal is to US 441, as in could a victim of a pedestrian-vehicle accident be knocked into the water or did she enter the water by other means (disorientation after being struck or put in the water in an act of foul play?)

My memories are foggy, but I lived in south Florida around this time, and I don't remember that area of 441 being very appealing for jogging. I used to take it a sort of a back highway to get from Wellington to my job in Boca Raton. I think it went from undeveloped plots of land to concrete-jungle areas, both of which had heavy scary traffic. Maybe someone else local can chime in.

Tatertot, I think the MP you linked to is a great match for this UID! If they aren't positive she was the victim of a hit-and-run, she could have been grabbed from the Win Dixie parking lot, killed, and dumped into the canal? Can someone call her in as a possible match?

I have Danielle Zacot on my UID spreadsheet as the "most likely possible" for this Jane Doe. However, I haven't submitted her though.

I don't remember why I didn't submit. Maybe I got sidetracked. But she does look like a very solid possible for this Jane Doe. The resemblance is amazing.

zacot_danielle5.jpg
222UFFL.jpg

I always see so many possible matches on so many cases, but I suffer from a severe social anxiety disorder & agoraphobia, and making phone calls are always next to impossible for me unfortunately. :(

No problem, I found an email address for the Medical Examiner and sent along the possible match today. (I'm awkward on the phone!) Thanks to you both for commenting on the possible match; if you hadn't expressed such confidence in it I doubt I would have sent it in.

From the Palm Beach Co. Associate Medical Examiner, on Jan. 21:

DNA from both cases are in the system. No match made on DNA. I will update Namus.

Thank you for being extra eyes and ears on these unidentified persons

I really respect the resply. On Jan. 15 he let me know they'd received a similar comparison request in 2008 and he had a cold case detective review that comparison.

Sorry, was that an exclusion for Zacot? (I'm not one of you folks, although you have my respect and admiration. (And if I was a person with better priorities, I'd put my WS efforts into UID instead of bickering with people.))

Anyway, I've just got this one subscribed because she was found on a stretch of highway I used for my work commute earlier in the 90s.

Exclusions by DNA default aren't usually listed in the ruleouts. Because really everybody else in the database would need to be listed.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yup Namus's homepage says that if the MP is listed as having DNA processed and UID is also listed as DNA processed - then the MP is likely a rule out for that UID and really there should be no alerting Namus for a rule out request.

True, it's just considering the closeness of the two cases you think she would be on the list.

Thanks for the reply fellas!

As far as DNA is concerned, it doesn't matter if she's from next door or from the moon, I guess. And who knows, one of these days a new missing person will be entered who does match. We just need to keep poking and not get discouraged.

If you're jogging and are hit by a car, it seems like the injury would be on your left side, with impact initially at the rear of the skull, if running the same direction as traffic. It would be on the right side, with impact initially at the face, if running toward traffic.

Rolling into the canal would not sustain injuries like a vehicle would or being hit with a heavy object. The artist rendering is good and clear. Would it be if she sustains severe facial damage? Are there autopsy photos that were used? Just thinking out loud about vehicle vs perp injuries.

Case History: Decedent may have been the victim of a traffic homicide. The victim was located in a feeder canal on Bob West Road, 1/2 mile south of Boynton Beach Boulevard, along US 441 in Boynton Beach, Florida. Initial investigation showed blunt force trauma to the right side of the skull.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back