Babypod- Would you use, or gift, this device to a pregnant woman?

Would you use this device, or gift it to a pregnant woman?

• Yes- I think it's wonderful!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No. No. No. Uh uh. Nope. No way.

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
I think it's a brilliant idea! I would definitely use it.

No. Is there a way to ensure the volume isn't too high for sensitive developing eardrums?

Just play music, they can hear in there.

I wouldn't use it, I figure they spent 9 months listening to that stuff, time to enjoy the world and all it has to offer!! Music is the way I would go.

Not me. I sang, talked and played music to my babies pretty regularly while I was pregnant. It's funny, when I would sing the same songs after they were born, it comforted them immediately. Plus, who wants to put some plastic thing that came from who knows where made of who knows what in their....there? No thanks.

Edited to add: TMI??? :lurk:

I may have used it had it been available when I was pregnant. I played music for my twins (mostly classical) while they were in utero and as infants many moons ago. Bright kids! I think so anyway.

Same here. I played a lot of Mozart on the stereo when I was pregnant with my son, and also read aloud in bed at night. I continued with the music and reading while rocking him to sleep from the day he was born. I firmly believe it had a positive effect on his intelligence and disposition with no extra gizmos required.

Same here. I played a lot of Mozart on the stereo when I was pregnant with my son, and also read aloud in bed at night. I continued with the music and reading while rocking him to sleep from the day he was born. I firmly believe it had a positive effect on his intelligence and disposition with no extra gizmos required.

Mozart is my favorite. :) I even had a kitteh named Mozart (until she died of old age). Played Mozart for my eldest as well... and now she wants to study music education (or computer science, she's undecided ;) ). I'm sure it's related. :giggle:

Not me. I sang, talked and played music to my babies pretty regularly while I was pregnant. It's funny, when I would sing the same songs after they were born, it comforted them immediately. Plus, who wants to put some plastic thing that came from who knows where made of who knows what in their....there? No thanks.

Edited to add: TMI??? :lurk:

You could wrap the device in a condom, for example.

Quite a personal gift I must say.

I do know a fetus can hear everything around without mummy having to um, carefully insert a speaker inside her hoohah.

I have seen earphones across a pregnant belly. A much better idea than using them internally. Neither are needed, just a novelty. JMO

If I had a choice, I would not use it, nor would I gift it. It will make a great gag gift though. :gift:

No. Is there a way to ensure the volume isn't too high for sensitive developing eardrums?

Just play music, they can hear in there.
The website said it was at 56 decibels. I was shopping for a new dishwasher last week, and the quietest Home Depot has is 44 decibels in my price range, so if it's louder than my dishwasher...I have to wonder. If this is a new thing that mothers to be want, it will come with an iPhone attachment and an app.

I did too - and agree. All of them also got either womb sounds or classical music at night to sleep by. All are still soothed by the sounds of classical music. But there are easier ways....and safer ways to get music to your babe!

I have five kids, one not even yet a year, and I thought I'd seen every pregnancy/baby gizmo out there. I can't see using this when babies can hear your voice, music, etc. without such a device. I'd gift a breast pump before this if my only options were somewhat personal gifts. Otherwise, one can never have too many burp clothes!

I don't know. Does it vibrate? :angel:

Lmao. As long as it wouldn't induce labor that may make it a hotter seller? :angel: :angel:

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back