01-05-2016, 06:16 PM #1
CA - Blythe, WhtFem UP7048, 21-26, hitchhiking, maybe 'Claudia', Aug'92
NamUs UP Case 7048
Unidentified White female
* Found August 30, 1992 in Riverside County, CA
* Estimated Year of Death: 1992
* Estimated age: Adult
* Approximate Height: 64
* Distinguishing Characteristics: hair color blond/strawberry; light hair down to her shoulders (Jespeson said her hair was very light with waves); facial hair: She had very thin eyebrows, very light colored; Two small dots tattooed on right thumb between nail and knuckle.
* Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
* Clothing/Jewelry: blue denim pants (waist 32" and inseam 30" with pantlegs rolled up)
Gray or white T-shirt with skeleton riding a Harley Motorcycel on the front, words under that say " Ride me Ride free". Finger and toe nails: gold glitter finger and toe nail polish present
* DNA: Tests complete
Case History: body found secreted in brush in a turn-out on Hwy 95 north of Blythe. Serial killer Keith Jesperson was convicted of her murder. He said that she called herself "Claudia" and was getting rides from truckers.
01-05-2016, 11:27 PM #2
I wonder if this is the shirt? But it says "Ride me ride free" above the skeleton, not below as the description states.
Not sure if the shirt will have any relevance but I guess we never know. Maybe we could find out where these may have been sold? Could have been a limited sale shirt. Just throwing ideas out there.
01-07-2016, 02:53 AM #3
I think this uid has a thread but it's buried in here. I've seen her before.
01-11-2016, 07:58 PM #4
01-21-2016, 07:41 PM #5Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
I'm a total newbie here at the Unidentified forum. Upon trying a NAMUS search I came across April Vlk as a possibility...
April Vlk was last seen on Hilton Head Island, SC on September 17, 1991. She asked for cardboard and said that she wanted to create a sign and hitchhike off of the island. Vlk has never been heard from again.
01-21-2016, 07:46 PM #6
His age is out from the range estimated of age of this UID.
01-21-2016, 08:01 PM #7Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
01-26-2016, 04:31 AM #8Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2015
April's circumstances indicate that she was intending to leave SC for Washington DC. California is a long way from DC, but stranger things have happened and there was a significant intervening period between April's disappearance and the death of the UP.
There is another photo of April on the charley project. I can't seem to upload it using tapatalk:
Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
01-26-2016, 09:18 AM #9
The Doe Network:
Case File 130UFCA
Sketches of Victim
Unidentified White Female
Located on August 30, 1992 in Blythe, Riverside County, California.
Estimated Date of Death is 2 - 6 weeks prior
Cause of death is suspected to be homicide.
- Estimated age: 21-26 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 4".
- Distinguishing Characteristics: She had blonde or light brown hair, possibly shoulder length.
- Clothing: Wearing a gray shirt and jeans. Gold glitter on her fingernails and toenails.
- Other: She was possibly using the name of Claudia and hitchhiking at truck stops.
- Dentals: Dental records are available. She had some missing teeth and amalgam fillings.
- DNA: Available
The victim was found in open desert area, in Blythe. 100 feet west of Highway 95 and one mile north of Second Avenue. It is unknown where the death occurred, it is believed she was dumped where she was found. Investigators determined that she had been dead for a number of weeks.Serial-Killer Keith Hunter Jesperson confessed to her homicide. He claimed her name was Claudia and that she wanted a ride to Phoenix, Arizona with him.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Riverside County Sheriff's Department
909 443-2300Agency Case Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.Source Information: Riverside County Sheriff's Department
Doe Network file
08-30-2016, 06:54 AM #10
By thebigcookie in forum Celebrity and Entertainment NewsReplies: 5Last Post: 04-20-2015, 12:51 PM