https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7048

Unidentified White female
* Found August 30, 1992 in Riverside County, CA
* Estimated Year of Death: 1992

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: Adult
* Approximate Height: 64

* Distinguishing Characteristics: hair color blond/strawberry;
light hair down to her shoulders (Jespeson said her hair was very light with waves); facial hair: She had very thin eyebrows, very light colored; Two small dots tattooed on right thumb between nail and knuckle.

* Dentals:
Dental information / charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry:
blue denim pants (waist 32" and inseam 30" with pantlegs rolled up)
Gray or white T-shirt with skeleton riding a Harley Motorcycel on the front, words under that say " Ride me Ride free". F
inger and toe nails: gold glitter finger and toe nail polish present
* DNA: Tests complete

Case History: body found secreted in brush in a turn-out on Hwy 95 north of Blythe. Serial killer Keith Jesperson was convicted of her murder. He said that she called herself "Claudia" and was getting rides from truckers.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/235948235/ride-me-ride-free-metal-biker-skull

I wonder if this is the shirt? But it says "Ride me ride free" above the skeleton, not below as the description states.

Not sure if the shirt will have any relevance but I guess we never know. Maybe we could find out where these may have been sold? Could have been a limited sale shirt. Just throwing ideas out there.

I think this uid has a thread but it's buried in here. I've seen her before.

I'm a total newbie here at the Unidentified forum. Upon trying a NAMUS search I came across April Vlk as a possibility...

April Vlk was last seen on Hilton Head Island, SC on September 17, 1991. She asked for cardboard and said that she wanted to create a sign and hitchhike off of the island. Vlk has never been heard from again.

April:
Missing.jpg
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5611/0/

Unidentified.jpg
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7048

April is a female. Yes, she was 37 in 1991. Since UID was skeletonized, I had thought maybe they could off on their age estimate.

Alright, ty!
I wouldn't be too concerned about the age difference.

April's circumstances indicate that she was intending to leave SC for Washington DC. California is a long way from DC, but stranger things have happened and there was a significant intervening period between April's disappearance and the death of the UP.

There is another photo of April on the charley project. I can't seem to upload it using tapatalk:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vlk_april.html

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

The Doe Network:
Case File 130UFCA

130UFCA.jpg
130UFCA1.jpg
130UFCA2.jpg

130UFCA3.jpg
130UFCA4.jpg

Sketches of Victim

Unidentified White Female

Located on August 30, 1992 in Blythe, Riverside County, California.
Estimated Date of Death is 2 - 6 weeks prior
Cause of death is suspected to be homicide.

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 21-26 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 4".
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: She had blonde or light brown hair, possibly shoulder length.
  • Clothing: Wearing a gray shirt and jeans. Gold glitter on her fingernails and toenails.
  • Other: She was possibly using the name of Claudia and hitchhiking at truck stops.
  • Dentals: Dental records are available. She had some missing teeth and amalgam fillings.
  • DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was found in open desert area, in Blythe. 100 feet west of Highway 95 and one mile north of Second Avenue. It is unknown where the death occurred, it is believed she was dumped where she was found. Investigators determined that she had been dead for a number of weeks.
Serial-Killer Keith Hunter Jesperson confessed to her homicide. He claimed her name was Claudia and that she wanted a ride to Phoenix, Arizona with him.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Riverside County Sheriff's Department
Coroner
909 443-2300
Agency Case Number:
NCIC Number:
U-767634511

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information: Riverside County Sheriff's Department
The Crimelibrary
The Press-Enterprise

Doe Network file

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/130ufca.html

https://www.etsy.com/listing/235948235/ride-me-ride-free-metal-biker-skull

I wonder if this is the shirt? But it says "Ride me ride free" above the skeleton, not below as the description states.

Not sure if the shirt will have any relevance but I guess we never know. Maybe we could find out where these may have been sold? Could have been a limited sale shirt. Just throwing ideas out there.

Looks like that is more of a handmade item but it seems like this vintage version is more mass produced. Wonder if she was a biker gal or just liked the shirt.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 102

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 6.39.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 6.39.03 PM.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 81
  • img_2079.jpg
    img_2079.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 83
  • img_59273.jpg
    img_59273.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 84
  • img_71305.jpg
    img_71305.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 85
The Happy Face Killer Wiki: Gruesome Details about Keith Hunter Jesperson

https://crimeola.com/happy-face-killer-wiki-gruesome-details-keith-hunter-jesperson/

California, Nebraska, Oregon, Florida, Washington, Wyoming. The Happy Face Killer met all of his victims, who were sex workers, hitchhikers, and transients, while working as a long-haul trucker all over the U.S. He had no connection to any of his victims, making it difficult to track him down. Two years after Bennett’s death, Jesperson killed his second victim. On August 30, 1992 the body of a woman was discovered near Blythe, California. Jesperson raped and strangled her. He later said the woman’s name was Claudia, but she remains a Jane Doe.

In 2010, the 55-year old Happy Face Killer pleaded guilty to murdering “Jane Doe,” a.k.a. Claudia, in California. He was handed his fourth life sentence. Jesperson will be over 125 when he’s eligible for parole

Doe Network site link updated

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/130ufca.html

130UFCA - Unidentified Female

cache.php
cache.php
cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

Reconstructions of the victim (far right by Barbara Martin-Bailey).

Date of Discovery: August 30, 1992
Location of Discovery: Riverside County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 2-6 weeks prior
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Suspected homicide

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 21-26 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair: Blond or light brown. Thin, very light-colored eyebrows.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Two small dots tattooed on right thumb between nail and knuckle. Gold glitter polish on her fingernails and toenails.

Identifiers

Dentals: Available. Some missing teeth and amalgam fillings.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Blue denim pants (waist 32" and inseam 30" with pantlegs rolled up), gray or white T-shirt with skeleton riding a Harley Motorcycle on the front, words under that say " Ride me Ride free".
Jewelry: Unknown.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found in open desert area, in Blythe. 100 feet west of Highway 95 and one mile north of Second Avenue. It is unknown where the death occurred, it is believed she was dumped where she was found. Investigators determined that she had been dead for a number of weeks.
Serial killer Keith Hunter Jesperson confessed to her homicide. He claimed she was hitchhiking at truck stops and her name was Claudia and that she wanted a ride to Phoenix, Arizona with him.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Riverside County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Dawna Wimsatt
Agency Phone Number: 951-443-2300
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 75783

NCIC Case Number: U767634511
NamUs Case Number: 7048

Information Source(s)

NamUs
Riverside County Coroner
Crime Library
The Press-Enterprise

Four True Crime Podcasts You Need to Listen to in 2019

"Serial, the true crime podcast that first followed the case of Adnan Syed, turned the true crime genre on its head. Not only was the series wildly popular, forcing audiences to debate the merits of the state’s case and Syed’s guilt, but it completely changed the genre. Today there are hundreds of podcasters dedicated to bringing light to the world’s most notorious and sometimes long-forgotten crimes. From cold cases to prosecutorial misconduct, true crime podcasts run the gamut. So, which shows should you be listening to this year?

Happy Face (2018)
Happy Face is a podcast that takes on the notorious case of Keith Hunter Jesperson. Through the early 1990s, Jesperson murdered eight women, often traversing the United States, and crossing state lines to go undetected. Jesperson, known as the smiley face killer, also took investigators on a wild ride with letters and taunts. While Jesperson’s crimes were horrendous, what makes this podcast genuinely unique is the perspective from which it is told.

Jesperson’s daughter, Melissa Moore was just a teenager when she found out her father was leading a double life. The podcast not only explores Jesperson’s crimes but the impact they had on his victims and his family, including his children. Moore approaches the story from a place of intimate knowledge, but she never lets that dissuade her from sharing the often-gruesome details of her father’s unspeakable crimes. The close connection to the murderer makes this podcast a must-listen.

Happy Face was released in 12 parts between September and December 2018. All 12 episodes are currently available on podcasting apps...."

Four True Crime Podcasts You Need to Listen to in 2019

19 ruleouts:
  • Lisa Beste
  • Veronica Blumhorst
  • Lisa Borden
  • Arisoneide Gosslin
  • Lori Julian
  • Hazel Klug
  • Tina Layton
  • Kase Lee
  • Gayle Marks
  • Jennifer Pentilla
  • Kathleen Randall
  • Cynthia Robinson
  • Patricia Schmidt
  • Tiffany Sessions
  • Ginger Sutherland
  • Rochelle White
  • Heide Wilbur
  • Elsa Wind
  • Tracy Zandstra

Mary Bell at the Doe Network said the below.

For Patricia Schneider: Thank you for the suggested match. I don't show any comparison of these having been done so I will have our panel look at it. If is proven to be a positive match, I will contact you further.

For Melinda McCollom: Your suggested match has previously been submitted to Doe Network...we declined it for several reasons. If memory serves me right, one of the reasons had to do with circumstances surrounding her boyfriend There were other reasons also which I can't recall.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back