Canada - Scott Wasson charged in five sexual assaults, Toronto, 2015-2017

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cp24.com/news/suspect-in...ay-be-behind-similar-attacks-police-1.2724669

A suspect in a sexual assault outside the Upper Canada Mall two weeks ago may also be responsible for four similar attacks that occurred in the vicinity of the shopping centre this past summer, police say.

According to police, surveillance camera footage shows the suspect watching a 59-year-old woman inside the mall on the evening of Dec. 22 and then following her as she exited the building.
image.gif
A suspect in a sexual assault in the Upper Canada Mall parking lot on Dec. 22 is shown in this surveillance camera image. (York Regional Police)

Police say that they believe the suspect may also be responsible for four similar sexual assaults that occurred on August 18, September 8 and September 25.

[video=youtube;8paR0-XaQc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8paR0-XaQc8[/video]

The black leather baseball hat the poi is wearing will surely be recognized by someone, not too many people wear one of those, imo

I just wanted to point out that those aren't "running shoes" he's wearing; they're Converse (or knock offs). Quite a difference between the two for this generation, and it could throw someone off who's going by description alone.

yellowshorts.jpg

From the video link above - these shorts - knee length, (appear to be that shiny polyester basketball style based on the way they swish while he's walking/running) yellow with a possible red or burgundy side stripe. Someone knows this guy who wears those shorts - who also has a gray hoody, camo pants, Chucks or Converse style shoes, a puffy, blue down jacket and a black leather baseball hat.

Guys tend to wear the same clothes most of the time.

From the article linked in post #1 -

Police say that they believe the suspect may also be responsible for four similar sexual assaults that occurred on August 18, September 8 and September 25.

http://www.cp24.com/news/suspect-in...ay-be-behind-similar-attacks-police-1.2724669

The latest reported attack is 22 Dec 2015 - a Tuesday. 18 Aug 2015 - Tuesday. 8 Sep 2015 - Tuesday. 25 Sep 2015 - Friday.

What's with that?

He might be parking in a plaza or food outlet (many close to the intersection of that mall) and setting out on foot to hunt. Then returning to his vehicle and driving away. He could live anywhere in all 4 directions.

He could also live in walking distance, I think. The video wherein he follows the woman with the stroller, are those homes/townhomes he runs back toward?

From one of the earlier accounts, perhaps something might be gleaned from the timing of when he was "scuffy-faced" and when he was not viewed that way.
Also noting that he appeared to retreat near the sub-division early on in his alleged series of attacks.

http://www.cp24.com/news/police-loo...ed-in-upper-canada-mall-parking-lot-1.2556428
rbbm.
September 10, 2015
Police say the first incident occurred on August 18 at approximately 5:50 p.m.

In that incident, a 19-year-old woman was walking down a pathway along the north fence of the Upper Canada Mall parking lot when she passed a man on a trail near Gail Parks Crescent.

The latest incident occurred on Tuesday at around 7:30 a.m.
. Following the assault, the male suspect ran on foot into a nearby subdivision. The victim in that attack was also not injured.

The suspect in both incidents is described as white, between the ages of 20 and 25, approximately five-foot-five and 125 to 130 pounds with a thin build. In the first incident, the suspect was also described as having scruffy facial hair.

I hope they catch him before he steps up to the next level.

He could also live in walking distance, I think. The video wherein he follows the woman with the stroller, are those homes/townhomes he runs back toward?

His behaviour is truly bizarre. It's almost as though he knows he's doing something wrong, but seems pretty naive about anything more than that. I wonder if he's mentally simple. There's a fellow in our village who might do the same thing, thinking that he's finding himself a girlfriend.

I wonder if there is a group home for the mentally challenged nearby.

His behaviour is truly bizarre. It's almost as though he knows he's doing something wrong, but seems pretty naive about anything more than that. I wonder if he's mentally simple. There's a fellow in our village who might do the same thing, thinking that he's finding himself a girlfriend.

I wonder if there is a group home for the mentally challenged nearby.

I kind of get the vibe that it's a game to him. He runs up, grabs their butt, and runs away.

I kind of get the vibe that it's a game to him. He runs up, grabs their butt, and runs away.

One of the weird things about the blitz attacks, is that the victims included a woman pushing a stroller and a 59 year old woman who was shopping.
Mommy issues?

Had not thought of mentally disabled person as suggested by musicaljoke, but it is certainly possibile- although the poi seemed to be able to stalk and run in a coordinated fashion.
imo. speculation.

I had something like this happen to me once as a 17 yr old walking home from school. Nothing more than a "grope" from a stranger, from behind, but it shook me up something awful :( It was then that I learned which I was: fight or flight? I was munching on a chocolate bar and I punched him in the face with it, then ran for my life. He ran the other way, and when I got home I dialed 911.

He may think this is a game, but to the women he's doing this to, I can attest it's NOT funny at all. If he does it again before they catch him, I hope the next woman runs after him and beats the tar out of him then phones 911. Creep.

I had something like this happen to me once as a 17 yr old walking home from school. Nothing more than a "grope" from a stranger, from behind, but it shook me up something awful :( It was then that I learned which I was: fight or flight? I was munching on a chocolate bar and I punched him in the face with it, then ran for my life. He ran the other way, and when I got home I dialed 911.

He may think this is a game, but to the women he's doing this to, I can attest it's NOT funny at all. If he does it again before they catch him, I hope the next woman runs after him and beats the tar out of him then phones 911. Creep.

I hope so too! I've been groped countless times, usually in crowds, and it's awful. Not to make light of your situation, but I had to chuckle picturing someone punching a dude with a candy bar! Good job, though. Maybe he'll think twice.

[video=youtube;8paR0-XaQc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8paR0-XaQc8[/video]

That was the best summary of how to ask the public to help. It was slow and to the point and included as much footage as possible.

I wish more news shows would take the time to do it right like this. Whoever was in charge of producing this video needs to be hired to do ALL of them everywhere. Good Job.

As far as this creep....my goodness LE needs to catch him and charge him to the fullest extent of the law before he accelerates to something worse.

I agree with others that this is a serious crime and nobody should have to endure what this creep is doing.

It was so scary watching the video as he stalks his victims.
Reminded me of the video of the Jesse Mathews creep that stalked and killed Hannah Graham.

I hope so too! I've been groped countless times, usually in crowds, and it's awful. Not to make light of your situation, but I had to chuckle picturing someone punching a dude with a candy bar! Good job, though. Maybe he'll think twice.

I laughed about it later too, so it's okay. It really made me mad to have to waste good chocolate on such a creep.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back