965 users online (142 members and 823 guests)  

Websleuths News

AR - Boy, 8, robbed of hoverboard at gunpoint in Little Rock, 2 January 2016

I hope this "man" feels like a big shot. Robbing an 8 year old boy at gunpoint. Very brave...dumb troglodyte.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -
    A Little Rock boy has been held at gunpoint and robbed of his motorized two-wheel scooter, known as a hoverboard.

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/1PMnx2G ) that officers responded to a call at a south Little Rock residence around 3:30 p.m. Saturday.

A police report states that 34-year-old Shamika Brown and her 8-year-old son were riding his hoverboard in the street when a gray 2008 Honda Accord pulled up nearby. The report says the man got out of the car, pointed a gun at the boy and took the hoverboard.

The hoverboard is valued at $340.

Police searched the area but have made no arrests.

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Pacific Northwest
    Yet another reason I'm glad we couldn't, and wouldn't have could we, afford one of those for my 8 year old stepson for Christmas!
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

My 32 yr old friend got on her sons Christmas morning, wrecked within 5 seconds, and has had surgury on her knee and elbow. Now, they're sitting in the middle of the garage, hoping they don't burn the house down. what a gift