1159 users online (218 members and 941 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I don't know that there was any indication of foul play in this case.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaraOwl View Post
    I don't know that there was any indication of foul play in this case.
    Do we have a cause of death?
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

I didn't see one.

RIP Joaquin Moreno
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread

Doe network is giving credit to Kaylara.

http://www.doenetwork.org/closed2016.php

I contacted them because I wanted the various groups involved to get credit. I told them it didn't matter if they mentioned me as long as they credited websleuths, doenetwork, and namus.

I wonder how he died?

I read he was known to run his dogs in the orchard...I wonder what ever happened to his dogs if they were out with him?

Congratulations KaylaraOwl! Awesome job.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Equestrianista View Post
    I wonder how he died?

I read he was known to run his dogs in the orchard...I wonder what ever happened to his dogs if they were out with him?
    I believe he was found by someone else who ran his dogs in the orchard.

After 36 years, son finds out what happened to his missing father

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article130455024.html

An autopsy revealed he most likely died of liver failure.

In early 2016, the website “Websleuths,” a forum that discusses crimes, trials and unsolved cases, discussed the possible connection between Islas’ unidentified persons case in Sacramento County and the missing persons report filed by Rodarte.

Hector Islas found the online discussion in March 2016, and contacted the Sacramento coroner.

“I’m grateful to Websleuths, along with the coroners and detectives who helped me work on finding my father,” Hector Islas said. “I think they’re superheroes of sorts for the missing and the unidentified.”

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaraOwl View Post
    I contacted them because I wanted the various groups involved to get credit. I told them it didn't matter if they mentioned me as long as they credited websleuths, doenetwork, and namus.

KaylaraOwl,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to help a person you never met.

You and the rest of the members of Websleuths who work on cases like this one are the unsung heroes.

You all never give up. You are what Websleuths is all about.

Can't thank you enough.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    By the way, the article has removed his line:

“I’m grateful to Websleuths, along with the coroners and detectives who helped me work on finding my father,” Hector Islas said. “I think they’re superheroes of sorts for the missing and the unidentified.”

Which is too bad because this shows people that Websleuths can make a difference. I have no idea why they removed this particular line. My guess it had to do with space.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Well done to KaylaraOwl for helping to send this man home to his family.

Red face Awesomeness by KaylaraOwl

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    By the way, the article has removed his line:

Which is too bad because this shows people that Websleuths can make a difference. I have no idea why they removed this particular line. My guess it had to do with space.
    KaylaraOwl
    KaylaraOwl
    No one can take this away from Websleuths. Great Teams are found among these forums. This is but one example of the work we tackle with the goal to succeed. So, cool to have answers to that gnawing question about birthrights for this gentleman whose father was a missing person. It is done. That is the reward of the work.

After 36 years, son finds out what happened to his missing father

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article130455024.html

Quote Originally Posted by Forager View Post
    Thanks for that. I know that KaylaraOwl had sent a notice of her discovery of the apparent match in to NamUs. I've just sent a note to the Sacramento coroner to cover that end in case no one had earlier.
    Treats for everyone are on me !

Thank you, Forager. I've admired your work on other cases as well. Same goes for our dear departed SAR friend, Glenn, username FoxFire. I visited a thread where FoxFire had posted last and could not bear to write under his words. This should and does feel rewarding. Jolly good work. FoxFire would be pleased, too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast