Sheehan Arrested at Whitehouse

I figured sooner or later this would happen. While I do feel sorry she lost her son, I'm surpised she was able to camp outside Bush's residence here in Texas as long as she did. I think he was more than patient with her in that respect.

WOW maybe I should dig out my old make love not war t-shirts. I havent been arrested for Civil Disobedience in about 30 years. If they attempt to re-institute the Draft I will be right there with them.

tybee204 said:
WOW maybe I should dig out my old make love not war t-shirts. I havent been arrested for Civil Disobedience in about 30 years. If they attempt to re-institute the Draft I will be right there with them.

Just make sure someone is there taking pictures!!!! ;) ;)

Jules said:
I figured sooner or later this would happen. While I do feel sorry she lost her son, I'm surpised she was able to camp outside Bush's residence here in Texas as long as she did. I think he was more than patient with her in that respect.
My sentiments as well. It's a shame her son died. But her protest seems to ignore the fact that it's a VOLUNTEER Army. Her son chose to be a soldier. "And you knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred." By throwing this huge a fit over it, its as if she's trying to infantilize her son, who was a grown man, who knew the dangers inherent in the occupation he chose for himelf. In many ways, I feel she is dissing her son's memory. I would be more interested in hearing what her husband--who has since filed for divorce from her--has to say about his wife and her relationship to their son and/or dealing with reality.

BillyGoatGruff said:
My sentiments as well. It's a shame her son died. But her protest seems to ignore the fact that it's a VOLUNTEER Army. Her son chose to be a soldier. "And you knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred." By throwing this huge a fit over it, its as if she's trying to infantilize her son, who was a grown man, who knew the dangers inherent in the occupation he chose for himelf. In many ways, I feel she is dissing her son's memory. I would be more interested in hearing what her husband--who has since filed for divorce from her--has to say about his wife and her relationship to their son and/or dealing with reality.
I agree 100%. I am sure her son would be mortified if he knew what she was doing to his legacy. Thanks for writing this so I didn't have to.:)

At first I sympathized with Cindy Sheehan, but I think she should have stuck with the grieving mother statement and criticism of the reason and "handling" of the war. She really got out of line with some of her other statements regarding Israel and other things. I doubt she is an expert on foreign affairs; stick to one thing lady.

But it doesn't do much good to protest the war right now because we can't really just leave right now, at least that's what most people think. I'm not happy about the war and wish it would end, but I think Cindy lost her credibility.

Marthatex said:
At first I sympathized with Cindy Sheehan, but I think she should have stuck with the grieving mother statement and criticism of the reason and "handling" of the war. She really got out of line with some of her other statements regarding Israel and other things. I doubt she is an expert on foreign affairs; stick to one thing lady.

But it doesn't do much good to protest the war right now because we can't really just leave right now, at least that's what most people think. I'm not happy about the war and wish it would end, but I think Cindy lost her credibility.

I agree with you. She's been approached by some real wingnuts and either she doesn't care or doesn't realize they're making her look like a fruitloop. She's done her original argument harm by being associated with them. However, since her son and so many other sons and daughters have served, she's got that right.

Cindy is being used by a propaganda machine. I am sorry for the loss of her son, and I am grateful for his service.

If she was disorderly, she should have been arrested.

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree with you. She's been approached by some real wingnuts and either she doesn't care or doesn't realize they're making her look like a fruitloop. She's done her original argument harm by being associated with them. However, since her son and so many other sons and daughters have served, she's got that right.

Well, I think we may be seeing what was the reality all along. The woman is and has always been emotionally/mentally ill. As I said: it's a volunteer army. No one held a gun to her son's head to join. In fact, I'm now suspecting he may have joined to establish himself as an adult/man and get away from his mom. I would be interested in hearing what her ex-husband has to say about all this.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Well, I think we may be seeing what was the reality all along. The woman is and has always been emotionally/mentally ill. As I said: it's a volunteer army. No one held a gun to her son's head to join. In fact, I'm now suspecting he may have joined to establish himself as an adult/man and get away from his mom. I would be interested in hearing what her ex-husband has to say about all this.

Excellent point.

BillyGoatGruff said:
In fact, I'm now suspecting he may have joined to establish himself as an adult/man and get away from his mom.

BINGO! I've thought that all along myself. And, her behavior here is probably the reason the hubby filed for divorce. I wonder what their marriage was like after he left home to go into the service. Hopefully at some point the hubby will do some talking. I'd be interested in what he had to say too.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Statement by some Sheehan family members

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:8ddNTrfxd9QJ:www.drudgereport.com/flashcs.htm+family+of+cindy+Sheehan&hl=en

~snip~
In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

~snip~

The piece quoted above, criticizing Ms. Sheehan's alleged lack of involvement in her son's upbringing after divorcing his father, is something fabricated out of whole cloth, evidently the product of someone's confusing a completely different family with the Sheehans. Cindy Sheehan and her husband, Patrick, were high school sweethearts who wed while both were in their early 20's and who have been married to each other for over 28 years. (Neither has ever been married to anyone else.) The couple had four children together, of whom Casey was the oldest. Both parents raised Casey together, first in the southern California community of Norwalk and later in the northern California town of Vacaville, where the Sheehans moved when Casey was 14.

Ms. Sheehan has maintained that her recent political activities placed a strain on her marriage that caused her and her husband to separate, as she expressed in an August 2005 interview:
Q: Have you lost any friends or family over this? Or, how do your husband and neighbors feel about your sudden rise to prominence in the media and the role you've accepted in those venues?

A: I have lost almost every friend that I had before Casey died. My husband and I are separated, because he doesn't support my activities, although he knows the war is a lie.

In fact, in August 2005 Patrick Sheehan filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable differences" as the cause and stating that the couple had been separated since 1 June 2005. We're not aware of any interviews or news articles in which Mr. Sheehan has spoken publicly about his feelings regarding his son's death, his wife's political activities (and their effect on his marriage), or "the stance of America in Iraq and on
terror."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sheehan.asp

Jeana (DP) said:
The piece quoted above, criticizing Ms. Sheehan's alleged lack of involvement in her son's upbringing after divorcing his father, is something fabricated out of whole cloth, evidently the product of someone's confusing a completely different family with the Sheehans.
Jeana-
Are you referring to my link or Snopes?

I really don't understand what people mean by "We really can't leave Iraq now"? I just don't understand why this statement? Can someone explain this?

ariel

Many parents that lost Sons in Vietnam came to protest the the Vietnam War. They were labled grief stricken, unstable and unpatriotic as well.

When parents encourage and support their children volunteering for Military Service they put faith and trust in the Government to not play politics with the lives of Americans. This war has been shown repeatedly to have begun under false pretenses, false information and false claims to both the the American citizens and the World.

This war is like going back 40 years in history and repeating the same mistakes.

That faith and trust is at times proven to be misplaced.

tybee204 said:
Many parents that lost Sons in Vietnam came to protest the the Vietnam War. They were labled grief stricken, unstable and unpatriotic as well.

When parents encourage and support their children volunteering for Military Service they put faith and trust in the Government to not play politics with the lives of Americans. This war has been shown repeatedly to have begun under false pretenses, false information and false claims to both the the American citizens and the World.

This war is like going back 40 years in history and repeating the same mistakes.

That faith and trust is at times proven to be misplaced.

I couldn't agree more. I was so Bush supportive after 9-11.....I cried for ten days and looked forward to leadership for our devastated country. After layer and layer unfolded I was aghast. It all came down to supporting his father's presidency and his intolerance of Saddam. Who I agree was an evil human being....but he is one human being.Manufacturing lies to support a war that our young people are sent to die for is by far worse. And then we can look at now in our own country.......when I saw people on expressways in NO with no water and no evacuation and "F" dying and he says "Brownie you are doing a great job" well that should tell a whole nother picture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back