815 users online (144 members and 671 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Johnny Rex Cook, 37, Weaverville, 27 November 2015

Missing Madison County Man's Family: 'It's a Nightmare'

MADISON COUNTY, N.C. --
    "Madison County authorities are searching for man who has been missing since November.

Johnny Rex Cook, 37, was reported missing on Dec. 30, 2015 by his parents.

"We had a very good Thanksgiving dinner and haven't seen him since," Gail Cook, the missing man's mother, said. "Just please come home to us safe and unharmed. Momma and daddy and your son need you."

The last sighting of Cook was the day after Thanksgiving at Walmart in Weaverville.

His parents didn't immediately report him missing to the Madison County Sheriff's Office because they say Cook often left for weeks at a time to stay with his girlfriend in Weaverville.

"It's very weird. He just had a birthday 3 days before Christmas and never have we not got to tell him, 'Happy birthday.' And then Christmas we never seen or heard from him and his son hasn't either," Cook's mother said. "It's a nightmare for sure. We hope and pray to the good lord every day and pray to him to bring him back home safe."

However, phone calls and gossip on social media aren't lifting their spirits or giving them hope....... . . . . ."

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/to...l#.VpB0RfkrJkg
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Hmm, he may have had reason to disappear....

http://slammerpics.com/mugshot/johnn...lid-67323.html

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

I live about an hour from the Weaverville Wal-Mart and there are so many back roads and hollers you could get lost in on purpose. Or you could meet with foul play and someone could hide your corpse in Madison County and it could never be found. I wonder which situation he is in.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

From today: http://www.wlos.com/news/features/to...n-253790.shtml
    Johnny's been missing for almost three months now.

http://northcarolina.arrests.org/Arr..._24971755/?d=1

It appears his arrest in October was meth related.
    as was an arrest in March 2015. Not a good sign.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.