956 users online (129 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Travis Bryant, 16, Whitley County, 7 January 2016

Travis C. Bryant

Golden Alert Issued For Missing Whitley County Teen

"A Golden Alert has been issued for a missing teenager in Whitley County.

Police say that Travis C. Bryant, 16, was last seen by his foster parents 10:00 p.m. Thursday night. When they woke up the next morning, he was gone.

He has family in Florida and Indiana.

Bryant is described as a 5’4 male with brown hair and brown eyes and a scar near his right eye.

He requires medication for ADHD.

The Whitley County Sheriff’s Department says that information obtained from the investigation into the missing juvenile has led them to seek and obtain an arrest warrant for James Silas Wimmer, 25, of Kokomo, Indiana.

He is currently wanted in relation to Bryant's disappearance."

Wimmer. Courtesy: Whitley Co. Sheriff's Department
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

KY - Travis C. Bryant, 16, Whitley County, 7 January 2016

Thankfully, a little searching on SM makes me think this doesn't seem like a situation where Travis is likely to be met by foul play.

So far, here's what I've found.

Travis's Facebook:

JW's Facebook:

Travis's father's obituary:

I'm still looking for his mother's obituary, but I can't seem to find one. I believe she also passed away, with the date being December 20, 2014.

Bloomington IN
    This sounds a little frightening, I hope he's found soon.

Ontario Canada
    Boy, that James Silas sure looks like a prize catch for any girl and a fine, upstanding role model for any teen boy.

From January 10:

A Whitley County teen who has been missing since Friday is safe and the Indiana man accused of aiding his flight from his foster home is in custody in Kokomo, Ind.

Whitley County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy KY Fuson said authorities from Kokomo contacted Whitley County E911 Monday night to inform them that 25-year-old James Silas Wimmer was in custody and had been served with the kidnapping warrant issued in Whitley County following the investigation into the disappearance of 16-year-old Travis Bryant.

Bloomington IN
    I'm glad to hear he's safe..