603 users online (75 members and 528 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Baylor College of Medicine doctor accused of sexually assaulting 4 children

A Baylor College of Medicine doctor accused of sexually assaulting four children was arrested at his job Friday morning.
    Ricky Haywood-Watson, 37, is charged with four counts of super aggravated sexual assault of a child, continuous abuse of a child and indecency with a child. Deputies said the children, who were between the ages of 4 and 10 years old, told their mother, who filed the report.
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/ba...ing-4-children

Last edited by tlcya; 01-10-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: make link clickable

What made him pick out this one family? This is a nightmare for them. How did he hide these tendencies through the stress of a PhD, medical school, and a thoracic surgery internship and residency?

I wonder if we will hear from other families now that this family has exposed him??
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

TX - Baylor College of Medicine doctor accused of sexually assaulting 4 children

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    Ricky Haywood-Watson.jpghttp://abc13.com/news/doctor-arrested-for-allegedly-sexually-abusing-young-kids/1151745/
    Bringing your link forward for tapatalk users.

http://abc13.com/news/doctor-arreste...-kids/1151745/

Imagine if this perp had completed his residency and had the full privilege of a Thoracic surgeon! He appeared to be on the "fast track" (not that there is one, it makes many years of training), but he was clearly well known in the field.

This is akin to a wolf in sheep's clothing. Or perhaps even the shepherd's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

There's sexual assault.

There's aggravated sexual assault.

Super aggravated sexual assault? Oh, those poor little children. The only "fast track" this guy is on is the road to h3ll.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    What made him pick out this one family? This is a nightmare for them. How did he hide these tendencies through the stress of a PhD, medical school, and a thoracic surgery internship and residency?

I wonder if we will hear from other families now that this family has exposed him??
    According to the article above, these children were family members of his. It's unclear the time frame - was this going on for years? Sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post

Children are his relatives, not his patients.
    Just my opinion

So, what is Jessica’s Law in Texas?1

Continuous sexual abuse

In 2006, Court of Criminal Appeals Judge Cathy Cochran warned criminal justice officials of a potential “train wreck in Texas law” because of the multiple, conflicting constitutional issues associated with prosecuting sex offenders who commit repeated crimes against children.2 She then suggested, “Perhaps the Texas Legislature can address this conundrum and consider enacting a new penal statute that focuses upon a continuing course of conduct crime—a sexually abusive relationship that is marked by a pattern or course of conduct of various sexual acts.”

[...]

Super aggravated sex assault

Early versions of Jessica’s Law, as presented in SB 5, sought to impose mandatory minimum 25-year prison sentences for numerous sex offenses, including the second-degree felony of indecency with a child by contact. After much negotiation, HB 8 focused on only a narrow, particularly violent form of aggravated sexual assault of a child. This mandatory minimum punishment range applies only if:
    • the child victim is younger than 6; or
    • the child is younger than 14 and the defendant engages in conduct that would elevate a sexual assault of an adult to aggravated sexual assault (e.g., causes serious bodily injury, threatens death, uses or exhibits a deadly weapon, etc.).

As with continuous sexual abuse, the punishment range is 25 to 99 years or life in prison, and there is no provision for early release from confinement. But unlike that new offense, a subsequent conviction for a “super” aggravated sexual assault is punished as a capital felony.

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/1450
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Children are his relatives, not his patients.
    I see. This is how he dealt with his stress!! Bas****!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    So, what is Jessica’s Law in Texas?1

Continuous sexual abuse

In 2006, Court of Criminal Appeals Judge Cathy Cochran warned criminal justice officials of a potential “train wreck in Texas law” because of the multiple, conflicting constitutional issues associated with prosecuting sex offenders who commit repeated crimes against children.2 She then suggested, “Perhaps the Texas Legislature can address this conundrum and consider enacting a new penal statute that focuses upon a continuing course of conduct crime—a sexually abusive relationship that is marked by a pattern or course of conduct of various sexual acts.”

[...]

Super aggravated sex assault

Early versions of Jessica’s Law, as presented in SB 5, sought to impose mandatory minimum 25-year prison sentences for numerous sex offenses, including the second-degree felony of indecency with a child by contact. After much negotiation, HB 8 focused on only a narrow, particularly violent form of aggravated sexual assault of a child. This mandatory minimum punishment range applies only if:
    • the child victim is younger than 6; or
    • the child is younger than 14 and the defendant engages in conduct that would elevate a sexual assault of an adult to aggravated sexual assault (e.g., causes serious bodily injury, threatens death, uses or exhibits a deadly weapon, etc.).

As with continuous sexual abuse, the punishment range is 25 to 99 years or life in prison, and there is no provision for early release from confinement. But unlike that new offense, a subsequent conviction for a “super” aggravated sexual assault is punished as a capital felony.

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/1450
    BBM

Thanks for posting this, tlcya. This bolder line is confusing to me. Does this mean that if he is convicted of this "super" offense, he is up for capital punishment? Or does he have to have been convicted of something else (before this current set of charges) to be considered for capital punishment?

Any super sleuthers out there available to look to see if he has a record?

Why oh why! Of all people, a doctor who has spent so many years getting his education to be a surgeon, has taken the doctor's oath to help people, and he harms the weakest youngest in society. And not just one child, but four!

IMO, his bond is too low for ruining four innocent children's lives!