771 users online (69 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

Would ya believe 82? Maxwell Smart actor dies

Get Smart! Don Adams Age 82

LOS ANGELES Don Adams (search), the wry-voiced comedian who starred as the fumbling secret agent Maxwell Smart in the 1960s television spoof of James Bond movies, "Get Smart," has died. He was 82.

Adams died of a lung infection late Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (search), his friend and former agent Bruce Tufeld said Monday, adding the actor broke his hip a year ago and had been in ill health since.

As the inept Agent 86 of the super-secret federal agency C.O.N.T.R.O.L., Adams captured TV viewers with his antics in combatting the evil agents of C.H.A.O.S. When his explanations failed to convince the villains or his boss, he tried another tack: "Would you believe ... ?" It became a national catchphrase.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170444,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    LOS ANGELES Don Adams (search), the wry-voiced comedian who starred as the fumbling secret agent Maxwell Smart in the 1960s television spoof of James Bond movies, "Get Smart," has died. He was 82.

Adams died of a lung infection late Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (search), his friend and former agent Bruce Tufeld said Monday, adding the actor broke his hip a year ago and had been in ill health since.

As the inept Agent 86 of the super-secret federal agency C.O.N.T.R.O.L., Adams captured TV viewers with his antics in combatting the evil agents of C.H.A.O.S. When his explanations failed to convince the villains or his boss, he tried another tack: "Would you believe ... ?" It became a national catchphrase.

This is sad!!!!!!!! I hope he finds the cone of silence where he is. RIP MAX
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

My sister said she just saw a Get Smart lunchbox in the Smithsonian!

I will miss him and his shoephone.

My dad used to love watching that television program. I saw the Biography Channel's piece on him not too long ago. He'll be missed.

"Oh Max"

I love when Barbra Feldon would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief

Not to mention he was the voice of Tennessee Tuxedo!

Would you believe....?

I can remember watching Get Smart as a kid. There was a time after it went into sindication that you could watch it four times per day.

We'll miss you Max!

The show got funnier as I got older and really could better understand the humor. So sorry to hear that he is gone.

We'll miss ya Max ! I used to love this show as a kid.

For you youngins in here wondering who the heck is Maxwell Smart(Don Adams) He also was the voice of Tennesse Tuxcedo and In spector Gadget
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288