675 users online (84 members and 591 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TN - Lora Hale Costner, 42, Cocke County, 7 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Lora Elizabeth Hale Costner

Cocke County deputies looking for missing woman

"Authorities in Cocke County are looking for a missing woman.

Lora Elizabeth Hale Costner, 42, was reported missing on Thursday January 7 by her family.

Costner is as 5’5", 145 lbs. She has brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a dark green zip-up hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans. She often wears large silver rings. She has a small tattoo of a yellow sunflower on her right hip.

If anyone has information concerning the disappearance of a Lora Elizabeth Hale Costner they are asked to contact the Cocke County Sheriff’s Department Dispatch at 423-623-3064 or go to their website at www.cockecountysd.com and submit a tip."

https://www.facebook.com/loracost

http://www.local8now.com/home/headli...364761851.html

Last edited by los2188; 01-10-2016 at 01:07 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

One step at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
    Unlikely. The identity theft happened in 2008.

It looks like she is still missing. The story came up as trending on Facebook. Her daughter has commented on this post from Local 8 news. She says that her mother was driving a van and the van has been found.
    https://www.facebook.com/WVLT8/posts/10153853419879469

Apparently there is another woman missing from the same general area.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

From what I also gather by looking at her Facebook page, it seems as if her husband/significant other passed away a few years ago. I get the impression that she is still grieving, bless her heart.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    From what I also gather by looking at her Facebook page, it seems as if her husband/significant other passed away a few years ago. I get the impression that she is still grieving, bless her heart.
    I think you are right about her loosing her husband a few years ago. However, it seems to me that she has managed to move on with life. There is a photo from September with a man and people are saying how happy they are for her. Same with a photo posted in August.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Family of missing Cocke County woman pleads for safe return
    January 15, 2016

Snipped...
    ...Hale said Costner texted someone at her son’s school last Thursday saying she was running late due to a flat tire.

“That’s the last time anyone seen or heard from her,” Hale said.

Hale said Costner’s van was found in the parking lot of Union Baptist Church with a slashed tire with no trace of her.
    http://wate.com/2016/01/15/family-of...r-safe-return/
    Last edited by tarabull; 01-16-2016 at 03:07 AM. Reason: + snippet

Family of missing Cocke County woman desperate for answers as search continues
    2 hours ago

Snipped...
    ...Her family says it's not an area she would normally travel.

...Her family says her cellphone has been turned off since the day she went missing.
    http://www.local8now.com/news/headli...ice=tablet&c=y

A slashed tire??!! That doesn't sound good. Where are you Lora?? Praying for your safe return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family of missing Cocke Co. woman grows desperate for answers
    A missing Cocke Co. woman has not been heard from for more than a week, and now her family is growing more desperate for answers.

Lora Costner was last seen on January 7 around 4 p.m. She was on her way to pick up her son from school. A text message was sent from her phone to the school saying, "I got a flat tire. I'm going to be a few minutes late".

"We're not sure if she's the one who sent that text message," said Lora's sister-in-law Deanna Hale.

"I don't think she is," said Lora's brother Jeff Hale.
    Costner never arrived at the school. Her van was found in the Union Baptist Church parking lot, with a slashed tire.

"She would not have left the van there with a flat tire- she would've called someone for help. That's another red flag," said Deanna.
    http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/famil...swers/16629608

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
    Good catch!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Unlikely. The identity theft happened in 2008.

It looks like she is still missing. The story came up as trending on Facebook. Her daughter has commented on this post from Local 8 news. She says that her mother was driving a van and the van has been found.
    https://www.facebook.com/WVLT8/posts/10153853419879469

Apparently there is another woman missing from the same general area.
    But the repercussions can last a long, long time. Plus, they are being telephonically harassed.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Family of missing Cocke County woman desperate for answers as search continues
    2 hours ago

Snipped...

http://www.local8now.com/news/headli...ice=tablet&c=y
    Her van being found in Cosby spooks me. It is one of the few drives in my area that make me feel like I could be the victim of a crime. Cocke County is the county next to us and I've seen nothing in the paper. I am very worried for her.

I wonder how her husband passed? Was it natural causes or maybe an accident? I have looked but only found obituary. I only mention this because it could very well be repercussions from the identity theft situation they dealt with, same could be happening now with Lora.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
    Using Tapatalk

TN - Lora Elizabeth Hale Costner, 42, Cocke County, 7 January 2016

She also seems recently single as of NY based on a meme she posted.
    Along the lines of who else is ringing in 2016 single?
    It appears she was dating someone late summer they broke up and she started dating someone new in Sept. But then possibly single in Jan. ( could just be a random meme she posted)
    I hope these men hVe been spoken to. Not saying they are to be involved. Just saying. She appears to be a very loving mother and devoted to her son. I'm assuming her daughter is off at school? This seems very suspicious to me.

I lost my partner suddenly when he was 25 and our son was 5. I relate so much to Lora. Her posts break my heart and bring me back to when I was hurting so badly for our loss.
    With my own experience I dotted on my son even more. I see that with Lora on her posts and her memes. I feel her sadness. I really truly feel someone has hurt her. She had a slashed tire. Who did that? And how would that person know when she would actually have car trouble? Would she call this person for help? This is all my opinion. I pray she is found.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast