NY - Five men gang rape 18 yo woman in Brooklyn playground, January 2016

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-new-york-sexcrimes-idUSKCN0UO0PT20160110

Five men took turns raping a woman in a Brooklyn park after forcing her father at gunpoint to flee the scene, New York City police said.

The 18-year-old woman was with her father in a park just after 9 p.m. on Thursday night when five men approached them, police said. One pointed a gun at the father and told him to leave.

After the father left, the men each assaulted the woman, police said. They fled when her father returned a short while later to the park, accompanied by two officers

An 18-year-old woman was savagely attacked by a group of men who took turns raping her during a horrific scene at a Brooklyn playground, officials said Saturday.

The victim’s father ran from the playground and called 911, officials said. When he returned soon after with two uniformed officers, the suspects scattered, cops said. The trembling victim was treated at Kings County Hospital, officials said.

The five fiends remained on the loose Saturday, as police released surveillance video of the group entering a nearby bodega before the attack. Several of the suspects can be seen smiling in the footage.

article-rape5-0109.jpg article-rape4-0109.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-fiends-brooklyn-playground-article-1.2491087

Someone has to know who these monsters are. Hope they're found and locked up soon!

Thoughts are with the young girl and her family.

[video=youtube;MRFZMd002CU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRFZMd002CU[/video]

Someone has to know who these monsters are. Hope they're found and locked up soon!

Thoughts are with the young girl and her family.

I agree. The surveillance video is pretty clear. Someone should recognize them. What kind of monsters get together and do something like this? I hope justice is swift and severe!

The above video states she was taking an evening walk with a male friend. It doesn't mention her father. (not that it matters, probably media error) It happened last Thurs night! I wish it hadn't taken so long to get the video to the public. My heart breaks for this young woman. Horrible!!!

The above video states she was taking an evening walk with a male friend. It doesn't mention her father. (not that it matters, probably media error) It happened last Thurs night! I wish it hadn't taken so long to get the video to the public. My heart breaks for this young woman. Horrible!!!

I believe more recent articles say she was walking with her father. Either way it's horrible.

Reading this makes me feel so sick. I feel so sorry for this poor woman and the man who was with her (whatever the relationship to her). How do 'men' become capable of such horrific brutality? I mean, how do they not end up in jail long before they do something so awful. Surely men don't just decide to gang rape a stranger one day, at least some of these men must have had a history of abuse against women, violence, drugs, theft.

Cases like this just make me feel angry at the way legal systems work across the world. It should be rare that anyone ever gets to this stage (although I know sometimes it does happen with no prior warning). Urgh. Just sickening for this poor woman.

http://nypdnews.com/2016/01/wanted-rape-brooklyn-3/

WANTED: Rape (Brooklyn)
The New York City Police Department is asking the public’s assistance identifying the suspects wanted for rape within the confines of the 73 Precinct.

On Thursday, January 7, 2016, at 9:10 p.m., the victim, a 18-year-old female, was with her father inside Osborne park, in the vicinity of Lott Avenue and Osborne Street, when they were approached by five black males, one of whom was armed with a gun. The male with the gun pointed it at them and told the father to leave the area. The father complied and each one of the five suspects raped the victim.[/B] The father returned a short time later with two uniformed police officers and the suspects fled the location. The victim was removed to Kings County Hospital where she was treated and released.

Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.

All calls are strictly confidential.
rbbm
Includes video of suspects.

Mmkay.

Few questions:

1)The victim and her dad were drinking beer in the park? Or did that statement mean the rapists were drinking in the park where the dad and victim were? The victim is 18, yes?

2)Sorry, but I have an issue with dad taking off and leaving his daughter alone with these "bad boys" (from link). I am a woman and you'd have to kill me first before you got to my baby, grown woman or no.

3) 20 minutes to find help? What? Maybe bad reporting, but my hinky meter is going full hink on that.

I have a gut feeling there is a lot more to this horrible story than meets the eye.

My understanding is dad left the daughter because the perp(s) told him at gunpoint to leave. The dad went to bodega to ask to call LE and bodega clerk refused to let him call LE. The dad tracked police officer on street. Jmo/

But in Brooklyn, there was not a single passer-by, nobody with a cell phone (including dad) to call 911?

I hope I am wrong but I feel that this young woman was not failed by LE as some of the articles claim. I find it very "off" that it took 20 mins for dad to find a way to report this.

Unless, is this park a remote, out of the way place? Like a wilderness refuge? It does not seem likely, but then again I have only been in NYC a handful of times and Brooklyn never, so I don't know the neighborhood.

Again, JMO. But something seems off.

If a clerk in a store would not allow the father to call LE, then the clerk should face charges. At the very least 'obstruction of justice'. Hope they catch the rest soon.

If a clerk in a store would not allow the father to call LE, then the clerk should face charges. At the very least 'obstruction of justice'. Hope they catch the rest soon.

Absolutely. Or at least the "bystander" law, whatever it is called.

Without more info, though, I am not going to fault LE for a delay in repsonding. And I still find it odd that a bodega phone was the only option.

Hopefully we find out more soon.

This poor woman. I can't imagine the horror.

Makes me want to punch someone. :(

But in Brooklyn, there was not a single passer-by, nobody with a cell phone (including dad) to call 911?

I hope I am wrong but I feel that this young woman was not failed by LE as some of the articles claim. I find it very "off" that it took 20 mins for dad to find a way to report this.

Unless, is this park a remote, out of the way place? Like a wilderness refuge? It does not seem likely, but then again I have only been in NYC a handful of times and Brooklyn never, so I don't know the neighborhood.

Again, JMO. But something seems off.

Something seems off to me too.

JMO but they would have to shoot me.

[h=1]2 Suspects In Brooklyn Gang Rape of Teenager In Custody

Two of the five suspects accused of
a gang-rape in Brooklyn have been arrested after turning themselves in Sunday night.**[/h]
The NYPD says there was no delay in responding to the rape in the 73 Precinct after the community is outraged. Police released a statement:

“A patrol car from the 73 Precinct was approached on the street and told about the attack by the victim’s father, who directed the officers to the scene. The police officers immediately responded and located the victim. The suspects had already fled. The police officers called for a supervisor and an ambulance, which responded and transported the victim to the hospital. There was no delay in the police response. There were no 911 calls associated with the attack, contrary to media reports.

There was no probative video in the immediate area of the attack. However, detectives in conducting an expanded canvas were able to find video in a bodega, after an extensive search around 2 p.m. on Saturday, January 9. After review, retrieval and copying, the video was distributed to the media around 8 p.m. on Saturday to help identity the five males. The commanding officer of the precinct began contacting local community leaders preliminarily on Friday, January 8.

The department is still looking to identify the men in question in the video. Anyone with information about the crime is encouraged to contact the department immediately.”

http://breaking911.com/brooklyn-gang-rape-playground-brownsville-dad-arrest-nyc-nypd/

This father was faced with an impossible choice. If he'd stayed around to be shot, his daughter would most likely have been raped anyway. If he hadn't returned with police, the rapists may well have killed their victim to eliminate an witness. It's horrible enough that this teenage girl was gang raped, but it would have been worst if she'd also seen her father killed and/or ended up dead herself. If the teenage boys were capable of this heartless attack, I doubt murder would have been off the table. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back