1084 users online (242 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MN - Patrick Kycia, 19, Moorhead, Sept 2005

His keys & wallet containing $$ and credit cards have been found... but not him.

FULL STORY:
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5635701.html

use http://www.bugmenot.com for username / password

While officials from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources combed the Red River, Moorhead police continued Monday afternoon to search for a Minnesota State University Moorhead student who has been missing since early Friday.

Patrick Kycia, 19, of Stillwater, was last seen at a fraternity party, where he drank several shots of whiskey, said his roommate Ricky Sayarath.

Kycia phoned another roommate at 3:52 a.m. Friday, but never spoke into the phone. The muffled call lasted 14 seconds, Sayarath said.

Seems like there are a lot of college students that end up missing. This article doesn't show a picture and doesn't say where Patrick's wallet, etc were found. It really doesn't give much information. I wonder what the phone call was all about...that was strange. I hope this kid turns up alive and unharmed.

I hope they find him and soon. This is getting to be an epidemic!

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

Here is a much more in depth article posted this evening on Star Tribune, including a photo. Another friend also received a call around 5:00 am, but with the same results as the call earlier at 3:52 am. Also, a website has been set up: http://www.findpatrick.com **edited to say, I just went to that website set up for him, and it's not running yet**

Full story: http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5636550.html

Patrick Kycia had been drinking heavily at a fraternity house party before quietly disappearing into the night, his Minnesota State University, Moorhead, roommates recalled Monday.

"Pat's a pretty straight kid," roommate Ricky Sayarath said of the 19-year-old sophomore from Stillwater. "He had a philosophy test Friday morning and he takes school very seriously. We figured he'd be home soon."

But Kycia never came home Thursday night, never took his philosophy test, never showed up for his 5 p.m. shift at Domino's Pizza.

By Monday, while officials from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources combed the Red River and authorities, including the FBI, continued their search for Kycia, his friends and family began fearing the worst.

"We have no hard evidence of foul play, but people just don't disappear into thin air," his father, Julian Kycia, said Monday afternoon before leaving Moorhead and heading back to the Twin Cities.

"And as far as him just walking away, well, that's impossible."

A shoe similar to the one Patrick Kycia was wearing when he disappeared was found Monday evening in the Red River in Moorhead, said Moorhead police Sgt. D.L. Griffin. Searchers continued to look in that area, he said, but found nothing else of significance. The search will expand from there today.

Patrick Kycia was studying to be a pharmacist and planned to find work in the Twin Cities. And with a 3.65 grade-point average at Minnesota State, Moorhead, the 6-foot-2-inch, 230-pound kid with glasses and short, curly brown hair seemed well on his way.

But last Thursday, he found a detour -- a party at the Phi Sigma Kappa house, where whiskey flowed and beers could be purchased for $1, no I.D. required, Sayarath said.

Also... another excerpt:

The roommates searched the area and found Kycia's wallet 3½ blocks from the fraternity house. The wallet contained money and credit cards and appeared to be intact. Nearby, it was clear that someone had vomited, Sayarath said.

Sad to know another College Student is missing from our area. We're still looking for some. This site has many listed

http://www.vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing.html

Patrick's Body Found

Tuesday, 09/27/2005

MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) - A body found Tuesday in the Red River was believed to be that of a missing Minnesota State University Moorhead student.

Patrick Kycia, 19, of Stillwater, had been seen last in the early-morning hours on Friday at a fraternity party.

There were no obvious signs of trauma, police Lt. Bob Larson said. The body was to be taken to Ramsey County for identification, but the clothing, physical description and items found in the man's pockets led police to believe it was Kycia.

read the rest here http://www.ks95.com/news/index.php?articleID=10743

Prayers to his family, how sad.
    Misty

Oh no....................

this is awful but i am glad he has been found and can come home to his family. why is it that missing college age males always end up in the river?

Quote Originally Posted by carolina
    this is awful but i am glad he has been found and can come home to his family. why is it that missing college age males always end up in the river?
    It seems to happen a lot up there. Have the police ever tried to make a connection to all of them? It's always the males. This is just so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranaice
    It seems to happen a lot up there. ....... It's always the males.
    Curious, isn't it.

JMHO
    fran

Don't drink and drive...
    Don't drink and walk...

so sad to hear this news......

After Patrick Kycia’s body was found in the Red River Tuesday morning, his fraternity could be facing legal troubles.
    Phi Sigma Kappa was served a search warrant Tuesday evening in connection with the Stillwater resident’s death. Police did not say what they were searching for.

Kycia’s body was found at 9 a.m. Tuesday morning, three blocks from where his wallet was found. His body was to be transported to St. Paul for an autopsy, but not before his father identified the body. “I caught them an told them to leave him here because I wanted to see him and touch his hair. To see my son one more time, and I did,” said Julian Kycia.

Police say that there are no signs of foul play at this time, but they will continue their investigation. Minnesota State University – Moorhead will also investigate the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity.
    Last edited by cheko1; 09-28-2005 at 12:41 AM. Reason: from KSTP.com

Just seems strange they were alone / heavily drunk &
    decided gosh I'm gonna go jump in the riiver & drown myself.
    God bless his family & give them strength to handle this.

Could this maybe be... he was drunk and stumbled into the river, and because of how drunk he was, he drowned? I don't know? I mean if there is no foul play... one would think it could have been an accident? I hope the family gets answers... God Bless them...
    A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul will last forever...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast