1173 users online (174 members and 999 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    I don't recall hearing or reading that. I did finally look at --or at least listen to--some of the confessions on video.

It ought to be thrown out on the basis that the police admit being with Brendan and his family at that hotel on 2/28 all the way up until I think it was 10pm, one of the detectives testified to in BD's trial. That's disgusting and not one record of whatever they were talking about. And still I can't find Barb's february interview. That's fishy.

How did the information about his jeans come about? All I see if the remarking that "someone" told the police about them and then they went to pick them up. I can't see where in the interviews they discovered that Brendan had helped clean the garage.

I don't know if I can believe anything in BD's statements. It was brought up in his trial by defense if the police had bothered to check the patterns on the floor of the bedroom to see if the furniture had been rearranged. That could have worked, unless SA vacuumed out the old carpet lines, but Dassey's lawyer seemed to think there would be wear in places where furniture had once been. They didn't, of course.

The trap the police fell into was believing things happened based on what Brendan said instead of using evidence to prove that what Brendan said was right or wrong. They even got Blaine to admit on the stand to seeing a fire in SA's barrel at 345pm. But how is Th's phone burning at 345, but doesn't shut off until after SA's 435pm call to it?
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

Good Grief Kachinsky

Making A Murderer': Len Kachinsky Hopes Appeals Court Establies Law to Help Juvenile Defendants
    “I am a convenient target as a known conservative.”~~Clue~~this has nothing to do with your political views.

Kachinsky said, adding that the documentary has brought out “a lot of people with a little knowledge and no judgement.”

Really, no knowledge~~~I have no words other than he should really crawl back under that rock.

https://www.**************/4490407/making-a-murderer-len-kachinsky-hopes-appeals-court-establishes-law-to-help-juvenile-defandants/
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

So this " kind of " goes along the lines of what we've discussed over the past year ( plus ) as far as false confessions.
    In case any were interested NETFLIX has a new series out titled " The Confession Tapes "
    I've almost finished season 1 & it is quite disturbing.
    I had never realized how often false confessions happened until MAM.
    IMO MAM opened up a door/dialogue and got folks talking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Will NOT be held liable for the following:

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response

*terms subject to change without notice*

I watched the full confession video (about two hours in totality). The kid clearly had no idea what was going on. He was nervous, but not at the level you would expect from someone who is aware that they are likely about to get arrested. The detectives repeatedly told him that they were there to help him, and that the only way they could help him would be for him to be honest. He answered nearly every "Yes or no" question with "Yes", and guessed at the more complex questions. He was obviously telling them what he thought they wanted to hear so that they would help him.

You can almost watch his entire thought process play out if you try to get in his head.

OH MY~~~

“They lied about it:” Prison wardens told ‘fish tale’ to law enforcement

"If you've got a leader that lies, you're not gonna follow 'em. You can't trust 'em," West said.
    Michael Dittman (left), Warden at Columbia Correctional Institution. Steven Schueler (right), Deputy Warden and Green Bay Correctional Institution.

He's talking about Michael Dittmann, the warden at Columbia Correctional Institution in Portage, and Steven Schueler, deputy warden in Green Bay.

Dittmann and Schueler -- both senior managers of state correctional institutions -- tried to hide the

truth from the DNR. According to narratives detailing the law enforcement encounter, when agents asked how many fish they'd caught that day, both Dittmann and Schueler answered "eleven."
    The DNR already knew that the men had been out fishing twice that day, an illegal practice known as 'double-tripping.' But, according to the case file, Dittmann "denied going fishing" in the morning and Schueler said they only caught "seven walleye" in the morning.
    In fact, the men had caught their full, 18-fish limit before lunch. Then went back out, on purpose, and hooked 11 more. In Ohio, that's a fourth-degree misdemeanor and a mandatory court appearance.

"All they're doin' is covering their own people," West said.

http://fox6now.com/2017/09/14/they-l...w-enforcement/

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    OH MY~~~

“They lied about it:” Prison wardens told ‘fish tale’ to law enforcement

"If you've got a leader that lies, you're not gonna follow 'em. You can't trust 'em," West said.
    Michael Dittman (left), Warden at Columbia Correctional Institution. Steven Schueler (right), Deputy Warden and Green Bay Correctional Institution.

He's talking about Michael Dittmann, the warden at Columbia Correctional Institution in Portage, and Steven Schueler, deputy warden in Green Bay.

Dittmann and Schueler -- both senior managers of state correctional institutions -- tried to hide the

truth from the DNR. According to narratives detailing the law enforcement encounter, when agents asked how many fish they'd caught that day, both Dittmann and Schueler answered "eleven."
    The DNR already knew that the men had been out fishing twice that day, an illegal practice known as 'double-tripping.' But, according to the case file, Dittmann "denied going fishing" in the morning and Schueler said they only caught "seven walleye" in the morning.
    In fact, the men had caught their full, 18-fish limit before lunch. Then went back out, on purpose, and hooked 11 more. In Ohio, that's a fourth-degree misdemeanor and a mandatory court appearance.

"All they're doin' is covering their own people," West said.

http://fox6now.com/2017/09/14/they-l...w-enforcement/
    IMO most Govt. departments are breeding grounds for corruption & lies. The prison/judicial system falls into that category as well.
    And i'm sure KZ is well aware of a lot of corruption too in the cases she handles.
    It all needs a huge overhaul, and i think people these days are more aware of it through things like MAM.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

With BD's confession i think apart from the fact he had intellectual learning difficulties, are teenage interrogations often times treated the same as adult interrogations via the Reid method?
    Seeing as a teenager's brain at age 16yrs. is not fully developed yet, there has to be a different way of interrogating them all things considered, especially in someone like BD because as far as learning he had that disability on top of "teen brain", IMO.
    (quote)
    Jensen says scientists used to think human brain development was pretty complete by age 10. Or as she puts it, that "a teenage brain is just an adult brain with fewer miles on it."

But it's not. To begin with, she says, a crucial part of the brain — the frontal lobes — are not fully connected. Really.

"It's the part of the brain that says: 'Is this a good idea? What is the consequence of this action?' " Jensen says. "It's not that they don't have a frontal lobe. And they can use it. But they're going to access it more slowly."

That's because the nerve cells that connect teenagers' frontal lobes with the rest of their brains are sluggish. Teenagers don't have as much of the fatty coating called myelin, or "white matter," that adults have in this area.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124119468
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

The detectives completely undermined the credibility of the "confession" by conducting it in the manner that they did. If he were truly guilty, he could have told a detailed account of what supposedly happened on his own, rather than being asked specific questions and responding with two-word answers.

So it seems like BJ is speaking up on what happened at Fox Hills Resort.

Some snips from the article....

Although it is believed that Brendan Dassey was interrogated at a Wisconsin hotel before his arrest, his mother says those reports are not accurate.

Barb Tadych (Barb Janda in
    Making a Murderer) says she vividly remembers February 27, 2006. It was the day police took her son out of school and questioned him before bringing her, Brendan and her other son, Blaine, to the Fox Hills Resort, in the town of Mishicot, where she says she was threatened.

Mark Wiegert paid for [the room] with his credit card,” Barb said. “And he told me if I left, they would pick me up and put me in jail.”
    Wiegert hasn’t commented on whether he threatened to arrest Barb that night.

Wiegert testified at trial that night Brendan told him about the bleach stains on the pants.
    There’s one problem with Weigert’s account of what occurred at the resort, Barb says. It never happened.

“There was not any interrogation at Fox Hills like they said that there was,” Barb said. “They put us there so no one could talk to us. And they had a cop watching us so we wouldn’t leave. There was no meeting at the hotel.”

Refresh my memory here....

Did BD tell them about the pants on the way to Fox Hills according to the Calumet County documents released?

The investigators conducted the second interview at the Two Rivers Police Department.

“I told them I wanted to go in with Brendan and they told me, ‘No,’ to go have a seat, that it should only take about an hour,” Barb said.
    She recounts a similar exchange ahead of the March 1 interrogation.
    “They said I declined to come in, but that was not the truth,” she said. “They told me ‘No,’ because Brendan was going to tell them a ‘gruesome story.'”
    Dassey was read his Miranda rights on his way to the March 1 interview, and reminded of those rights by Wiegert before questioning began, indicating he was a suspect, not a witness by then.

So refresh my memory....
    Didn't Dittman say he wasn't a suspect, he was a witness? Then why did they read him his Miranda rights?

https://www.**************/4507648/m...-hills-resort/

Just had a thought about why LE wanted BJ and her children to go to Fox Hills Resort. Could LE have had the room bugged, to glean more information from BD as he talked to BJ about the case?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10